Bills looking to extend Fitz

Rockinon

After a jaw dropping 4 TD performance to start the season, the Bills brass is talking with Fitzpatrick about an extension. Good move, in my opinion. Fitz is a leader that the team respects and rallies behind. It's a good message to send too. Those that perform are rewarded.

WGR 550

No one talking to Parish's agent doesn't really bother me much. Doesn't mean he won't be extended in the future or that he will either. Perform, Roscoe and you will be rewarded.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a jaw dropping 4 TD performance to start the season, the Bills brass is talking with Fitzpatrick about an extension. Good move, in my opinion. Fitz is a leader that the team respects and rallies behind. It's a good message to send too. Those that perform are rewarded.

WGR 550

No one talking to Parish's agent doesn't really bother me much. Doesn't mean he won't be extended in the future or that he will either. Perform, Roscoe and you will be rewarded.

Me likey - we need Fitzy no matter if we draft a QB next year or not.

Also, the earlier this prolonged Parrish experiment ends, the better off we will be. With a caveat that this year we need him just as a warm body WR (a role he has well performed all these years) due to lack of depth

Edited by Fan in Chicago

No, but it was reported and argued just a few weeks ago that it was happening, continuing the "Summer of Bad Internet Bills Info."

At some point the fact he isn't the prototypical qb has to be overshadowed by the fact that he produces and he is pretty darn good...

My sentiments exactly. I, for one, was all for the Bills to draft a developmental QB this last draft to sit behind Fitz and hold the clip board this year.

you cant argue with results, and all fitz has done for us is produce. great move! hopefully hamiltons report of not talking extension with roscoe is true, his time his is up and we have too many similar-gadget players as it is, time to move on.

I hope they extend him. I was surprised that alot of us want him extended. I was assuming to read another string of Andrew Luck posts. If Fitz keeps playing with the consistency needed to be competitive we wont be in the running for Luck. That doesnt bother me. Yet we are in week 2 now. Alot of things can happen.

This is one of those obvious "duh" decisions. The guy needs to be Bill. He's a solid starting quarterback who is uber smart. When we draft a franchise stud, he will have the best teacher in the world at reading defenses and making quick decisions under Fitz. But I'm more interested in how far Fitz can go. Montana would not be thought of as a franchise QB based on his arm and size and that worked out pretty well. This year we'll know what the ceiling is on Fitz. So let's just get him signed, paid, do it in a professional way.

Wonder what kind of cash we're talking? $9M-10M range per year is my guess.

Are you joking?

I like Fitz, but I'm thinking he's only worth $3-5 mm per year, if that.

I also have a serious problem of doing this now. Let the season play out, and then pay him. As we learned from Gregg Williams and Jauron regimes, you can start fast before the whole thing goes down in flames.

Are you joking?

I also have a serious problem of doing this now. Let the season play out, and then pay him. As we learned from Gregg Williams and Jauron regimes, you can start fast before the whole thing goes down in flames.

Like or Not we have to lock up Fitzbeardy, The Amish Rifle, Or Fitzmagic sooner rather than later.

3-5 Million is underpaying IMO. You have to go 6 or 7 at least but 9-10 is definitly not out of the question. Manning is getting paid 25 Million to watch from the sidelines and Carson Palmer has 12 million sitting on the table. Is Fitzbeardy any worse than Palmer? Eli manning?

Dude has 27 TDs in his last 14 starts under Gailey. Thats almost 2Tds a game. Pay the man

Like or Not we have to lock up Fitzbeardy, The Amish Rifle, Or Fitzmagic sooner rather than later.

3-5 Million is underpaying IMO. You have to go 6 or 7 at least but 9-10 is definitly not out of the question. Manning is getting paid 25 Million to watch from the sidelines and Carson Palmer has 12 million sitting on the table. Is Fitzbeardy any worse than Palmer? Eli manning?

Dude has 27 TDs in his last 14 starts under Gailey. Thats almost 2Tds a game. Pay the man

Am I missing something here? Why do so many people say that it has to happen now? Can't we wait until right before he becomes a free agent? Or at least midway through the year? I don't want Dick and Trent 2.0 happening. That being said, if the guy gets an extension and DOESN'T play his heart out I guess it wasn't worth extending him at any point and we'd know that sooner than later...

Edited by BringBackFlutie

I am hoping they can settle on something more short term. 3-4yrs total value $35-40m.

Give hime some money upfront to get him to sign and them backload with higher salaries at the end so it is not a big cap if he doesn't take us to the play offs and/or we get a shot at a once in a generation player like Luck.

I'd hate to extend Fitz for huge money and them have a chance at Luck and pass because we have Fitz locked up.

Are you joking?

Strongly disagree. Lock him up, and make him our man. He could very well be the Jack Kemp of our generation, someone we can build around. He may not be flashy, fleet of foot, have a Jeff George arm, but he sure as hell knows how to play the position well.

Thread of reference:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/134749-fitzpatricks-last-16-games/

Could you imagine him with even BETTER talent, and what he could do? I shudder to think...

Edited by BmoreBills