The Most Encouraging Thing about this Win

The Defense, Offense and Special Teams played pretty much like I expected them to. The Wildcat was perhaps a little less effective than I expected though it did pick up some key first downs.

The most encouraging thing for me was the play of the offensive line. Bell, in particular, played up to my hopes instead of down to my fears. The solid performance of the OL makes me more optimistic about 2011 than I already was.

What was the most encouraging thing about this win to you?

With a 20-7 lead at halftime, We kept going after them. We didnt let them breathe, we gave them no chance to come back in that game.

Last year, we let up and lost games as a result. Don't stop playing ever. I was actually a little disappointed we took out fitzy I wanted to put up 50

With you for the most part. Yeh while I was dissapointed we stopped at 50 (as I think were Fred Jackson and fitzbeardy) it was a nessassary call by the coach. Imagine if they got hurt in that last 12 mins. Not dissagreeng with you I'm sure. I. Know what you are saying as it is nice to get some scoring done. Save the 50 points for week three! Go bills!!! :w00t:

With a 20-7 lead at halftime, We kept going after them. We didnt let them breathe, we gave them no chance to come back in that game.

Last year, we let up and lost games as a result. Don't stop playing ever. I was actually a little disappointed we took out fitzy I wanted to put up 50

This. The Bills have played well in stretches of games, but it's hard to recall any game, even a win, where they played consistently well throughout and put the other team away. Usually they either start making mistakes or start playing not to lose, and the game becomes way more nerve-wracking than it ought to be. It was awesome to watch a Bills game without any anxiety in the fourth quarter.

I think the most encouraging thing was that after KC scored late in the first half, we came out and dominated the third quarter. That is where we won the game. I don't think last year's team does that.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know what you consider to be the wildcat, but to me, Brad Smith is not only a huge advantage but had a huge affect on this game, even when he gets one -two yards a carry. Third and short, when Brad Smith can get it every time, which he did I think today, it's an enormous advantage for the offense. Brad Smith could get ten yards in total offense and still be huge.

Obviously there were a lot of great things in this game to be excited about. But to answer your question, the one thing that's the most encouraging to me is this: We now have a coach that understands the importance of stepping on a team's neck when they're down. Gailey's play calling today was superb and relentless. The play I liked best? Brad Smith's INT. That's right. Even though we already had the game won, Gailey called a play that gave him the option to go for the humiliation shot.

Does anyone think Jauron would have done that? Jauron is a really, really nice guy. If he had gotten up two or three scores he would have been on the sidelines preparing an apology. The best a Jauron team could do was keep it close and hope for the best. That was clearly his strategy, because after every game, usually a loss, he'd tell us "it's hard to win in this league."

Those days are over.

Another encouraging thing from today - in the 4th, Chiefs have it 4th and 4. Our young stud / soon to be ultra dominant DE Dareus jumps off sides to give Chiefs first down. Coach Gailey sat him for a few plays after that. Message - "Stay focused son or you will get benched like everyone else."

The Defense, Offense and Special Teams played pretty much like I expected them to. The Wildcat was perhaps a little less effective than I expected though it did pick up some key first downs.

The most encouraging thing for me was the play of the offensive line. Bell, in particular, played up to my hopes instead of down to my fears. The solid performance of the OL makes me more optimistic about 2011 than I already was.

1. The offensive line was shockingly good.

2, Tight End 2 TD and other big time plays.

3. Run D

4. Fred Jackson running with more power than I ever noticed before. Did he get bigger in the off season? He looked about 220 to me.

Obviously there were a lot of great things in this game to be excited about. But to answer your question, the one thing that's the most encouraging to me is this: We now have a coach that understands the importance of stepping on a team's neck when they're down. Gailey's play calling today was superb and relentless. The play I liked best? Brad Smith's INT. That's right. Even though we already had the game won, Gailey called a play that gave him the option to go for the humiliation shot.

Does anyone think Jauron would have done that? Jauron is a really, really nice guy. If he had gotten up two or three scores he would have been on the sidelines preparing an apology. The best a Jauron team could do was keep it close and hope for the best. That was clearly his strategy, because after every game, usually a loss, he'd tell us "it's hard to win in this league."

Those days are over.

:lol:

Those days are over.

That's a great point. Gailey was awesome today. Brad Smith, despite stats, is a huge part of this offense.

We made very few mistakes.

We had a good game plan, good preparation. The drive to start the 2nd half was very nice.

Leaders are emerging on this team.

Most impressive thing is Fitz left some big completions on the table with his inaccuracy and still had a very good day. Bills played an opponent who was out of sorts and instead of playing a close game they dominated them in all phases. As good as the offense was they can play even better. That's a nice thing to know.