Fitzpatrick article

I agree, not the best take on Buffalo or Orchard park... I always thought Orchard Park was nice

Yeah, dneveu, it was a little hard on the Buf and OP, but aside from that and i mean no offense to anyone here who thought otherwise...it really wasn't that good of read.

Really. I mean it was quite clunky and his meandering prose would have been fine if it didn't go on for almost 3 paragraphs of "how bad is Buffalo" and Fitzy could have done better schtick right off the bat. Yeah, hit it in a couple of sentences and move on.

Sorry, I am not trying to be a hater. I just didn't think it was that good.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Not a very good article.. I agree, enough with the Buffalo hate already......the downtown ballpark is not "flaking", in fact it's one of the better minor league stadiums in the country. And the slap at Orchard Park? Obviously this guy has never been anywhere other than the stadium (and never heard of Chestnut Ridge...that's a park last time I checked). Oh well, he was going with a "theme" and tried to bend things around to support it, but IMHO it didn't quite work.

A well written article that is decidedly bent on making the older cities of the NE that have seen their fortunes shift seem like ghost towns. Does not come across as someone who is offering a well rounded opinion of the area. Unfortunate.

Let's go BUFFALO!!!

Wow does the writer hate on buffalo in this article...... :censored: him dont eat our chicken wings, and orchard park is nice :wallbash:

I know. WTF - how do you bust on OP. And, he busts on the stadium, which is still pretty nice........And, his thing about riding down Route 5. Are you kidding me. You get half a mile of old industrial crap in Lackawanna (which now looks nicer with the windmills) and then I can't stop turning my head even when driving to look at the beautiful lake and gorgeous houses. What was he seeing?

I enjoy Grantland but was underwhelmed by the article.

The author was mixing up a strange cocktail of embellishment (to make his point) and misinformation.

It seems he was being pretty complimentary of Fitz but on the whole, the piece was not that well-written or accurate, IMO.

Nevertheless, it's a Bills article in a national outlet and as Barnum was purported to have said, "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

Thanks for posting the link.

That is a well written article, though he did take a few liberties. I'm from O and I agree that the apple orchards are long gone, but there are some pretty damn nice areas. I don't think he was hard on Buffalo, I think it was accurate, just like his assessment of Fitzpatrick. Good, but not great. But good enough might be all we need. I like that Fitz says that Buffalo is his favorite place to live when he compares it to stops in Cincy and St. Louis. I think that speaks volumes about the city.

I didn't realize that Cincy and St. Louis were such over the hill dumps, too.

He wasn't hard on Buffalo? How can anybody talk about Route 5 being ugly when it sounds like he drove out to Derby. Like I said a half mile stretch of old steel plant with nice new windmills is the only ugly part. I drive it at least once a month, and I am surprised I've never got in an accident, because I can't stop myself from looking at that beautiful lake.