[closed]Gailey: "I expect to be undefeated"

The Senator

"I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated."

Link - Bills coach sets high standard for the season (WIVB)

Well! That's even more emphatic than earlier reported - about as emphatic as you can get, even!!!

Way to go, Coach...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Frankly to suggest that the entire NFL would laugh at a coach who expects his team to find a way to win each week is to suggest that the NFL expects their coaches to concede games and/or the season before it starts.

That comment frankly is laughable and reflective of all too many negative voices who claim they are "fans" of this team. As a fan and someone who has experienced the reality that on any given Sunday any team can defeat another I am going into each week expecting these new Buffalo Bills if they play to potential can win any Sundsy!

Now, I am not drinking the Kool-Aid and would be thrilled with an 8-8 season but if Gailey said he expects to lose half the games and that the Bills have no chance against the Patriots or Eagles then what kind of leader would he be?

Frankly I think the Bills and Eagles game will be a toss up since the Eagles front 7 and offensive line are pedestrian at best.

Go Bills and start this undefeated season by stuffing the Chiefs this Sunday!

Frankly to suggest that the entire NFL would laugh at a coach who expects his team to find a way to win each week is to suggest that the NFL expects their coaches to concede games and/or the season before it starts.

Only when they play New England*.

Hmmm. I like this quote. IF Chan actually said it then I think it's a great thing. I could give a dam about what other NFL teams think. I've always believed that winning is 95% between the ears. Perhaps Chan is finally starting to see that.

I mean, the way he phrased it could have been a little better, but I mean really, what is he supposed to say? "I expect to go out and win maybe 6 games and get my ass handed to me in 3 or 4 of them?" What message would THAT send to the team?

Funny, because it's such a short piece of a 10 minute conversation.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-Wednesday-Press-Conference/96c7b53f-d3ab-4217-a90b-a922f80631c0#?id=96c7b53f-d3ab-4217-a90b-a922f80631c0

I don't understand how people can't like and respect Chan (and Fitz too)...

No clue what our record will be, but I think we'll open some eyes!

Is it Sunday yet?? :beer:

That comment frankly is laughable and reflective of all too many negative voices who claim they are "fans" of this team. As a fan and someone who has experienced the reality that on any given Sunday any team can defeat another I am going into each week expecting these new Buffalo Bills if they play to potential can win any Sundsy!

Hey, if you work at McDonalds and are depressed expecting a football team to solve your problems if life, you would understand why giving up is so attractive to some on this board.

Yeah, how else are you going to establish a winning mentality? Good players are fine, but check out the Redskins' record in recent years. You can't buy a championship in the NFL like you can in baseball (that's only sometimes) or basketball.

His comment is being taken out of context. He's trying to instill confidence in his team, and he's merely saying that every time he steps on the field with his team, he feels prepared and confident. He feels that he can win. So much that he expects that he'll get it done. If this is true for all games, then that translates into 19-0 confidence. Every single coach in the league would agree with him, contextually.

This is great. What an upgrade to hearing "It's hard to win a game in the NFL" after EVERY SINGLE GAME, win or lose (mostly the latter).

Edited by nodnarb

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.