Gailey expects to win and expects to make the playoffs

TheBlackMamba

I like Chan. Can't believe fans are so worried about what he said? Of course he should be as positive as possible? What would you prefer him to say that we suck? He knows it and I know it that the playoffs this year are a long shot. I like his optimism and his direction in moving this team forward. We have a long season in front of us and it's going to be difficult but his attitude is refreshing even if he is telling porkies.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone thinks Gailey is stupid and bashing him for making this statement, they need to re-evaluate themselves first. Right now everyone is 0-0 and I sure hope that our coach is saying that he expects to win the Super Bowl this year. You play to win the game!

For someone to say they expect the Bills to win the Super Bowl shows that they are either clueless or a liar. You can say your goal is to win, but to expect to win with this roster is delusional.

He doesn't expect to make the playoffs, that's just coach speak B.S. And if he really DOES mean it, then we're really

in trouble because dude isn't too bright.

Stop bs'ing us Chan, and just call a smart game: please.

Both Peter King and Mike Florio have said they wouldn't be surprised if the Bills took a wildcard spot.

Both Peter King and Mike Florio have said they wouldn't be surprised if the Bills took a wildcard spot.

Well I hope they do. It will probably take 10 wins.

Guess I'm just jaded after so many losing seasons. And no playoffs.

Go Bills.

Well I hope they do. It will probably take 10 wins.

Guess I'm just jaded after so many losing seasons. And no playoffs.

Go Bills.

Clearly you're not the only one. Look how many Bills fans are just HORRIFIED at the thought of a head coach who truly believes he can win. God forbid! :o

Paul Hamilton

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- As the Bills get ready for Sunday in Kansas City there's no shortage of confidence with Chan Gailey. The head coach was asked if he expected to challenge for the division and make the playoffs he said, "I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don't expect it, something's wrong with you. If you say I want to be a little better than last year, you ought to get out, that's wrong. I expect to win every one of them, I expect to be undefeated, that's the way I've always been and that's the way I'll always be."

My link

I don't know why this is so difficult to comprehend. The statement that he expects to go undefeated is the problem. Saying you expect to win every game is one thing but saying you expect to go undefeated is entirely different. That's a HUGE difference. I can't think of one NFL coach who would say such a thing. Expecting to go undefeated is lunacy.

Now I don't think Gailey is crazy. So that leaves me to believe that the undefeated response was a line of coach speak B.S. And if that's the case everything before that is called into question also. What does he really think? Does he really believe the team will challenge for the division title and the playoffs? Who knows because he wraps up the comments with something so implausible you can no longer take the rest seriously. I'm sorry but words mean things and when you take the totality of that comment he's not really saying anything. NFL coaches are masters at talking a lot and not really saying anything.

I don't know why this is so difficult to comprehend. The statement that he expects to go undefeated is the problem. Saying you expect to win every game is one thing but saying you expect to go undefeated is entirely different. That's a HUGE difference. I can't think of one NFL coach who would say such a thing. Expecting to go undefeated is lunacy.

Now I don't think Gailey is crazy. So that leaves me to believe that the undefeated response was a line of coach speak B.S. And if that's the case everything before that is called into question also. What does he really think? Does he really believe the team will challenge for the division title and the playoffs? Who knows because he wraps up the comments with something so implausible you can no longer take the rest seriously. I'm sorry but words mean things and when you take the totality of that comment he's not really saying anything. NFL coaches are masters at talking a lot and not really saying anything.

How are they different? By definition, you can't win every game and NOT go undefeated, therefore if you expect to win every game and no games have been played yet, you expect to go undefeated. To state otherwise is a logical fallacy. Saying "I expect to win every game" and "I expect to be undefeated" only have different meanings after the team has lost, when the former implies "I expect to win every REMAINING game" and the latter becomes impossible because the results of previous games cannot be changed. Personally I'm glad coach Gailey expects his team to win every game. That's the attitude you need to be successful :thumbsup:

This board is filled w/ people who have never won anything in their life and probably never competed in anything besides fantasy football. Its pathetic to listen to.

Not to mention that i think WGR is taking Gailey's comments out of context. He was trying to portray that when he goes into a game losing is not an option. He wants to win, he plans to win, and he is going to win. Thats everyones mentality at the level of the NFL.

You people act like Chan Gailey sat down, looked at all his opponents on the schedule, and decided that he should go undefeated. Come on people get off the guys back.

As for Coach Gailey's comments, I can only commend him.

You better go into every game expecting to win, or you better not play. The people (on this board or on the radio) railing him for saying it are quite simply being negative. All Gailey said was that he wants his team to go into every game with the expectation that they're going to win. Period. Taking exception to that is nitpicking semantics at best, and being miserable at worst.

Let's harken back to Sun Tzu's The Art of War: declare victory first, then go fight.

I swear, Bills fans and media are so self defeatist it's ridiculous. One coach says it's hard to win in the NFL, and he's crucified, then we get a coach with a game plan, and a very good offensive mind who says "I expect to win them all" and HE gets crucified.

Honestly, the bull **** that goes with this team is almost as deep as the Atlantic ocean. It almost seems like people like to see this team fail, just so they feel better about their own lives. You don't have to have blind faith and think they'll win them all, but how can you call yourself a fan if you can't stand the product?

He said he expects them to win every game, and expects them to go undefeated. I'm sure you could ask every coach in the NFL, and 99.9% of them (that.01% being Jauron) would say that they expect the same thing. If your expectations aren't to go into whatever you do and come out of it with the best result possible, then you shouldn't be doing it.

it would be different, and the Retard Rodeo that is WGR and alot of TBD would be correct to crucify Gailey if he came out and said that he Guarantees the Bills will go undefeated, but even then, i would rather have the my leader going into everything with a positive attitude than a defeatest attitude and say that we would be lucky if we won at all

Yeah, I'll never be able to trust another word Gailey says. :devil:

After seeing this, I don't think you can be trusted:

Gumby is in trouble

"I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don't expect it, something's wrong with you. If you say I want to be a little better than last year, you ought to get out, that's wrong. I expect to win every one of them, I expect to be undefeated, that's the way I've always been and that's the way I'll always be."

People are taking this way to seriously. Read between the lines. He's not predicting that will happen, he's just saying if your goals are not to win every game and make the playoffs/super bowl you have problems. That's his goal, that's the player's goals. The goal is not marginal improvement.

What is he supposed to say? Well, given the youth, talent level, and pay roll, I don't expect us to make the playoffs, but I hope we can improve every week and at the least make it entertaining for the fans.

That would go over very well with Bills nation.

Edited by KzooMike