Week 1 Predictions

cmjoyce113

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Course if the Bills do win, the lead will be about the injured Cassel, who valiantly played with injured ribs, not the Bills winning.

[ whine ]

But true.

I will endure a whole year of haterade if it means the Bills perform well and make the playoffs this year. I don't care what any report has to say about it. I'd even take the position the Seahawks were in last year (though nobody is making the playoffs at 7-9 in the AFC East).

Course if the Bills do win, the lead will be about the injured Cassel, who valiantly played with injured ribs, not the Bills winning.

[ whine ]

But true.

Yes, of course - and if Cassel can't play, well that'll be 'the only reason the Bills won' :rolleyes:

Much like that of the gloom & doom prophets right here on TSW, the media's negatative attitude toward the Bills has festered like an infected boil for about a decade - so I don't expect it to change overnight. (It'll probably take until our 3rd straight win, on September 25th, against NE* B-) )

My predictions are:

Bills 31

Chiefs 17

Fitz looks just a little better than average.

Jackson and Spiller go off for 200 combined

Johnson 80yards 1 TD

the defense completely stops the run. They have barely 100 yards on the ground all day between all thier backs.

Merriman has a sack

Dareus looks monsterous

Barnett makes us all forget who the Poz ever was

ESPN:

Golic (big surprise) and Schefter pick the Bills. The rest (including accuscore and "pick'em") pick KC.

Mortensen went for a couple upsets, Fish over Pats and Sea over SF. But not the Bills over KC.

ESPN Week 1 Predictions

Yes, of course - and if Cassel can't play, well that'll be 'the only reason the Bills won' :rolleyes:

Might not have to worry about that.

Quarterback Matt Cassel told a Kansas City radio station he has no doubt he will be ready to play Sunday when the Chiefs host Buffalo to start the season.

“Oh yeah. We are ready to go. Everything is a go,” Cassel said. “No pain. No discomfort. Ready to go.”

Link

Edited by CodeMonkey

I couldn't care less about media coverage.

I just want the victory. :)

I assure you they don't know nearly as much as you do about the Bills or Chiefs. Honestly. With a few exceptions, most of these national guys don't have time to follow every team. The Bills and Chiefs generally fall into the neglect category.

All indications are that Cassel will start. I think that is a good thing because I'm curious to see just how much the D has improved.

All doubts seemed to disappear Wednesday that Matt Cassel would start at quarterback Sunday when they open their regular season against Buffalo at Arrowhead Stadium.

The Chiefs returned to practice after a day off and Cassel was a full participant.

Link

Sadly, 13-9 KC. I bet the bills on the ml. I talk them up all preseason to my buddies. I take Freddie and Stevie in both of my fantasy leagues. I even have the bills D in one of my league. But when it comes down to it, I think our offense will sputter and defense will show us what they've improved. The future is getting brighter. Nonetheless, our OL sucks. Our WRs are inexperienced. And IMO, Fitzy is a career backup that has a chance to become someones franchise qb. It's hard to become just that, with a bad OL and inexperienced WRs. I talk up the bills offense to everyone I know, but I'm not yet sold on them. I need ton see it succeed. If they came out in preseason and tore it up, scoring td after td, I'd probably have more confidence. That didn't happen. They looked putrid in games 1 and 2. They didn't game plan for their opponents those games, I understand. Fitz looked like Brady vs the jax. Maybe the worst d in the league, playing without 3 starters along the DL. It gives me some confidence, but hasn't proved anything. The Detroit game, again, wasn't very good. 3 out of 4 games where our first team couldn't get into the end zone. I hope it ain't so, but I see then same thing on Sunday. No, I'm not a pessimist. It pains me to pick a loss with zero tds, it's just my feeling. Go Bills!!!