asleep at the wheel again.

tennesseeboy

Here we go again with another worthless thread about a worthless player that no one has ever heard of yet the Bills should've signed because he plays a position of need. Next time someone starts a thread like this could you please provide your scounting report on the player and why he is an upgrade to our current roster. At least then you may validate your credibility. Odds are the person who started this thread has never heard of this player or has heard of him, and never really watched him play and only wants to start this because it's very "Bills" like to not pursue it.

I unserstand that the OP wants to show that there are players out there but come on, do you really think that guy would be and upgrade to Hairston? The Bills have what they want right now on the line and I doubt that they are going to make any drastic moves just because some team cut a guy that might or might not fit into what Gailey is trying to do.

The Bills actually have a pretty fair line with decent backups. Sure, they aren't All Pros but it is, for the most part, the same line that kept Fitz upright last year. Lets see how week 1 works out before we have a firesale on the line please.

Tenny you seem to be getting bitter in your old age. Maneri is not the kind of lineman the Bills are looking for, as he is the athletic type, and probably better suited to zone blocking at 6'6" 290 (although i read that he is almost up to 300 from someone I trust, and who thinks he's pretty good). The Bills may well have brought him in if he was 325, but they are getting rid of smallish athletic lineman and going for the maulers.

I guess the question is how much depth at tackle do we have? The fellow seems to have been making major progress. Well...we'll just have to wait and see, but I was impressed with the guy...

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/pros_and_colleges/x919544461/Offensive-tackle-Maneri-hoping-to-survive-numbers-game-with-Patriots

Maybe not the great prospect that michael Jasper might be, but he has played the position, and at 300 lbs would not be too far off from Bell or Levitre weight wise. I suspect that if we had to yank an offensive lineman off the practice squad a lot of us would like to have a guy who played offensive gaurd at Bethel over a guy who has significant NFL experience....

As to being athletic...I kind of think some athleticism might be good in a lineman. We have done pretty good converting tight ends such as Peters and Tom Sestak to linemen.

Proof is in the pudding. I'll watch this guy and I'll watch our corp of offensive tackles over the year.

As to being athletic...I kind of think some athleticism might be good in a lineman. We have done pretty good converting tight ends such as Peters and Tom Sestak to linemen.

Jasper is on the practice squad. Maneri was signed to the active roster. Big difference.

And Jason Peters was huge, over 325 pounds. Sestak, at 6' 5" 267 was absolutely enormous for his day.

I guess the question is how much depth at tackle do we have? The fellow seems to have been making major progress. Well...we'll just have to wait and see, but I was impressed with the guy...

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/pros_and_colleges/x919544461/Offensive-tackle-Maneri-hoping-to-survive-numbers-game-with-Patriots

Maybe not the great prospect that michael Jasper might be, but he has played the position, and at 300 lbs would not be too far off from Bell or Levitre weight wise. I suspect that if we had to yank an offensive lineman off the practice squad a lot of us would like to have a guy who played offensive gaurd at Bethel over a guy who has significant NFL experience....

Proof is in the pudding. I'll watch this guy and I'll watch our corp of offensive tackles over the year.

You're going to keep an eye on the 4th tackle on KC?

Well...given our lack of depth (and quality) at the o-line one would think we'd have jumped on this.

Well...given our lack of any o-line players being picked up in the offseason one would think we'd have done nothing.

What people need to understand is bringing a guy in that isn't better then the depth you already have does not help the team.....

The patriots O line has looked BAD this preseason.....The lions had their way with them and our O line held up better......

If you bring in a player that is not as good as what you have then you have a. Taken a roster spot from somewhere else and b. Stymied the development of the player you have