Breakout Bill this season

tjprime

Merriman and Dareus are expected to break out so I can't use them.

Batten shows us all what the coaches saw last year

Carrington will make the coaches look like genius' for drafting him

Kelsey will look much improved from last year

Spiller will break out in a big way. 1500 yards total recieving and rushing IMO

Aiken, Easley, Nelson will all show they can be our starting WRs for years to come and make us forget about Evans.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what I've seen from Easly. I hope he has a big year.

Lots of potential, but my observation in preseason indicates a guy who plays with lots of nerves and "butterfingers" - easy drops and his kickoff return fumble come immediately to mind. I hope I'm wrong but he strikes me as the prototypical Bill who makes the bonehead play at a critical time.

Lots of potential, but my observation in preseason indicates a guy who plays with lots of nerves and "butterfingers" - easy drops and his kickoff return fumble come immediately to mind. I hope I'm wrong but he strikes me as the prototypical Bill who makes the bonehead play at a critical time.

if it's nerves, that could conceivably be overcome with experience. and if a nervous player with potentials settles down and becomes consistant...then we've got ourselves a football player!

The last thing I want to do is invoke TO...but...he also had a lot of potential, and dropped the ball a lot when he first got going. Hell, he dropped it when he was an all-pro. We'll see. If he does start doing well, hopefully he heads in the Steve Johnson direction and not the TO direction attitude-wise.

The one thing I don't get is Donald Jones. I haven't seen enough to know why he is starting, over Easley or, over Nelson for that matter.

In my post on the Bills being a turn around team, I said I thought Carrington would be starting by the bye week, so I'll go with him as having a breakout year on D.

On O, no one seems too keen on the thought of Jones as the #2, so I'll take a flyer and say DJ. Fitz has touted him, and Fitz was touting some guy named Johnson at the start of last year...

For ST, I posted earlier this evening that I thought Justin Rogers would take over as PR. He looked pretty good in the Detroit game.

Carrington and Easley were the first two I thought of right off the bat, but since I like throw names out there that no one else has mentioned..

I think both George Wilson and Byrd are going to be the recipients of some awfully poor throws from opposing QBs, thanks to our improved front 7. :thumbsup:

Donald Jones - almost inevitable

Shawne Merriman - not really a breakout but his first good year in a loooong time

CJ Spiller - finally starts to show us why he was drafted so high (though Jackson still the better back)

Roscoe Parrish - will excel at PR after his hiatus and have his best year ever as a receiver

Batten, Carrington, D.Edwards on D

I can just feel that they all will step up

D. Bell, Pears and Urbik

Its more of a hope

Parrish, Chandler, Wood

Parrish was playing well last season till he got injured

Chandler will find himself not on the field too often unless its blocking early on in the season, but later on he will play a bigger part in the aerial game.

Wood will hopefully become a better than average center

Aaron Williams. Dareus is supposedly a can't-miss, non-bust player, plus extremely highly touted. That's why I go with Williams. Just hope that when he becomes a true player in this league we can pay him unlike Antoine Winfield or Nate Clements. Clements was asking too much, but I think everyone knows what I'm implying here. The cheapness of the organization at times.

one word: brad. smith.

chan being on top of the third qb rule change will pay huge dividends. by the end of the season teams will be wondering why the heck they didnt rush to sign this guy and will be trying to find somebody like him

If you are right watch for Nesbitt to be put on the active roster (or wave goodbye). I love that the kid is a two way player too. Very cool pick up IMO.

I think the rule change has potential to make the college QBs that were in spread type offenses much more viable in the big league. I think Chan could be the next real offensive innovator if he is right about his philosophies and good and creative with his playmakers and schemes. Last year at times I think he was kind of hindered by the teams talent (especially the OL) and the skill position guys newness to his system. I think this year will show why Lee was disposable.

So anyway, I have been thinking Smith too, since we really didn't see him, all that much in preseason and I think there are a lot of wrinkles to be invented in Chan's use of him. I think teams won't plan enough for him and then when they start to, we will use other weapons more with more sprinkles and different looks for him in there.

I also hope and think Fitz if he is given time is due for a 3500-4000+ season with less picks and more TDs I can see a lot of potential in this team and talent, in the starters especially. IF our line develops and stays healthy (the team really needs to stay healthy for a change), I think these scrubs can do something.

All that being said it will be a work in progress, youngsters make mistakes and we will have a couple stupid losses. That is what young teams do. But I am much more optimistic than in the past, much, much more than anytime when Jaroun was coach.

D. Jones or Easly. Teams will be doubling up on Johnson and Jones and Easly both look good in Preseason. This may also help Parrish. I do agree Spiller will be a play maker this year. After the Evans trade I said Jackson would get traded this year or next, But honestly I don't know crap about the business side of football. It just makes sense to me.

Marcell DAREUS, and there is no doubt. This man will have the biggest impact since Bruce Smith, forcing teams to double team him and freeing up Kyle Williams, and if they choose to switch it up, the one on one blocking will be exploited. He is a beast, and will be Defensive Rookie of the Year!

Who I would like to have a Breakout Season: Is actually not a player...but a coach...

I want our DC Edwards to have a break out year. He was dealt a bad roster last season, but the excuses are gone. His side of the ball has been infused with talent from the draft, free agency, UDFA, you name it. Even his staff has been bolstered by a super bowl winning DC. There are no more excuses and it is time for Edwards to deliver a defense that can be stringent against the run and get off the field on 3rd downs.

It is time for Edwards to use Williams, Dareus, Merriman, Barnett, Carrington, Williams, McKelvin etc.