Patriots struck out

I was reading an article about the Patriots signing Waters and I found this little tidbit at the very end to be fascinating:

By releasing Meriweather, who signed with the Bears on Sunday, the team has no remaing players from those drafted in 2007.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821f4869/article/patriots-agree-to-terms-with-veteran-pro-bowl-g-waters?module=HP11_headline_stack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Well unlike the Bills, the Pats aren't afraid to admit that they've made a mistake. They get rid of the bad pieces and fill them in with good ones.

Typical reply here at tsw. The Pats do it and it makes sense. They admit they made a mistake. The Bills do the exact same thing (Maybin, Hardy, et. al.) and it's not admitting that a mistake was made, it's more like they gave up too soon or whatever. "Well unlike the Bills..."

What an eye-roller...

Interesting.

Well unlike the Bills, the Pats aren't afraid to admit that they've made a mistake. They get rid of the bad pieces and fill them in with good ones.

Also, their mistakes could often start here. Making a 14-2 squad is much harder than a 4-12.

They can be picky and send a probowler packing.

Interesting.

[/q]

The Bills are not afriad to admit mistakes and move on. Problem is there are so many regime changes they draft without a long term plan.

Edited by Bob in STL

Typical reply here at tsw. The Pats do it and it makes sense. They admit they made a mistake. The Bills do the exact same thing (Maybin, Hardy, et. al.) and it's not admitting that a mistake was made, it's more like they gave up too soon or whatever. "Well unlike the Bills..."

What an eye-roller...

We hoard all of our draft picks as if they're going to magically become good (McKelvin, McCargo for a long time, etc etc). And they draft for need, we keep drafting RB's and wonder why our team isn't getting any better. The best teams in the league don't have stud 1st round draft picks. They have great offensive lines, qb and/or d-line and linebackers. We refuse to address any important positions in our draft then we'll either keep them too long or just let them go and draft the exact same thing the next year.

Dareus was the first pick in a LONG time that I actually liked.

The mistakes have been cleared out - but who has filled the gaping holes after 10 years of horrid drafting? Do they have them filled now? That remains to be seen.

Dareus, Merriman, Barnett. Still more holes to fill but it's not like the Bills have not filled any. In fact they seemed to address our biggest hole from last season.

PTR

The Bills are not afriad to admit mistakes and move on. Problem is there are so many regime changes they draft without a long term plan.

The problem is there have been so many mistakes that the Bills are constantly in "get rid of our mistakes" mode.

Yes, I would agree that constant regime change hasn't helped, but the real problem has been lack of ownership change.

Edited by KD in CT

<br />???  What mistakes are still on our roster???<br /><br />PTR<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Exhibit A: Leodis McKelvin - yet another first round pick who really isn't even starter quality - he wouldn't even make some other teams but he starts for us -the burn unit already has a bed waiting for him after the season starts

Yeah, the Bills don't admit mistakes. Especially when:

1. Firing Jauron

2. Cutting Maybin

3. Trying to trade McCargo

4. Cutting Corner

5. Cutting Edwards

Would you like me to go on? The Bills issue is NOT admitting mistakes, it is making them in the friggin' first place!

Interesting.

that factoid about the Patriots 2007 draft is misleading

they had one first round pick (Merriweather), no second round pick, and no third round pick

their late round picks didn't pan out that year, although it's generally a bit harder for late round picks to stick on top teams

they still did miss on their late rounders, but in 2007 they only picked once in the first 125 picks in the draft, so it's really not that big of a fail

f the pats tho

Edited by Boludo

??? What mistakes are still on our roster???

PTR

KELSAY

Yeah, the Bills don't admit mistakes. Especially when:

1. Firing Jauron

2. Cutting Maybin

3. Trying to trade McCargo

4. Cutting Corner

5. Cutting Edwards

Would you like me to go on? The Bills issue is NOT admitting mistakes, it is making them in the friggin' first place!

1. They extended Jauron and kept him when they shouldnt have

2. They drafted Maybin, thats bad enough

3. They didnt cut McCargo after they couldt trade him, and they let him play out his contract for another 2 years

4. Corner was not a mistake. He was a decent 4th round pick.

5. They started Edwards last year.

Prediction: You're going to be eating crow on that one this season.

I've been bashing Kelsay too - but he really looks like he's got OLB figured out now - I don't expect you to believe me right now - just hold that thought for December and we'll check in again.

That's a bold statement