blackouts...

you have some sites that stream all the nfl games, why not let each individual team (BILLS) stream their own game with 97 rock as commentators and maybe charge a resonable yearly access charge to view all the games.that way people out of town or state that dont get to go to games can watch their team without worrying the link will get pulled... your thoughts???

I still don't understand why CBS, NBC, FOX, an ESPN don't stream the games live. It's not like they aren't broadcasting the commercials, because they still can. They can even broadcast local channel commercials onto whatever game you are watching so the affiliates get their air time. Win win for everyone.

I still don't understand why CBS, NBC, FOX, an ESPN don't stream the games live. It's not like they aren't broadcasting the commercials, because they still can. They can even broadcast local channel commercials onto whatever game you are watching so the affiliates get their air time. Win win for everyone.

I get the feeling it's more along the lines that they aren't going to make anymore money. The best they could get from it is more online hits but considering most people already drool over those websites when games are going on to check fantasy stats/points, they probably don't see a profit.

Just my take.

There are about 20.4 billion reasons.

I really like this part

However, the league imposes several strict television policies to ensure that stadiums are filled and sold out,[2][3][4] to maximize telecast ratings, and to help leverage content on these networks.

So they maximize the ratings by blacking out the games to the only people that want to watch it. Makes sense.

I believe the NBC Sunday night games are streamed live. And don’t subscribers to the NFL Sunday Ticket have the option of watching a live feed of games on their computers?

II really like this part

However, the league imposes several strict television policies to ensure that stadiums are filled and sold out,[2][3][4] to maximize telecast ratings, and to help leverage content on these networks.

So they maximize the ratings by blacking out the games to the only people that want to watch it. Makes sense.

They didn't like how it looked when they stated the truth ...

However, the league imposes several strict television policies to ensure that they maximize the profits of the greedy !@#$s that are the NFL.

I loathe the fact that a small tiny teensie weeny portion of the Syracuse broadcast falls into that 75 Mi range...because down in Ithaca...where I am 3+ hours from the stadium, I want to be able to watch on TV...ugh

Please sell out all games this year...

I loathe the fact that a small tiny teensie weeny portion of the Syracuse broadcast falls into that 75 Mi range...because down in Ithaca...where I am 3+ hours from the stadium, I want to be able to watch on TV...ugh

The first 2 are already sold out and the Toronto game is technically a sellout as well.

The rest are going to depend upon how well the Bills play up to that point.

Except it doesn't anymore. Those 7 or so houses and 1 restaurant were reclassified as belonging the the Ra-cha-cha market back w/in a year or 2 of the AFC contract going to CBS. Ralph basically said he didn't care, they were still Syracuse, and there would be no lifting of the blackout for the Syracuse market. :censored:

Except it doesn't anymore. Those 7 or so houses and 1 restaurant were reclassified as belonging the the Ra-cha-cha market back w/in a year or 2 of the AFC contract going to CBS. Ralph basically said he didn't care, they were still Syracuse, and there would be no lifting of the blackout for the Syracuse market. :censored:

GAH! DAMN YOU RALPH! so so dumb. it's bad enough not being able to see Sabres games...thank you DISH...Switching to Time Warner in a few weeks...Hopefully I can get the Binghamton lineup instead of 'Cuse...

I get the feeling it's more along the lines that they aren't going to make anymore money. The best they could get from it is more online hits but considering most people already drool over those websites when games are going on to check fantasy stats/points, they probably don't see a profit.

Just my take.

I really like this part

You delete the clause in the sentence that talks about maximizing stadium attendance? That's the part that addresses blackouts. Also, "strict television policies" ==/= blackout policy. That refers to the collective policies that effect tv...some of which do maximize telecast ratings.

Edited by dayman

September 2 at 8:00 p.m., WTVH-Channel 5 in Syracuse will air the game on Friday at 8:00 p.m., WHAM-Channel 13 in Rochester will air the game on Friday at 8:00 p.m., and WBNG-Channel 12 in Binghamton, is outside of the blackout area and will show the game live.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Lions-preseason-game-to-be-blacked-out/29398d8c-d889-451f-a82e-b2dc27095e89

I believe the NBC Sunday night games are streamed live. And don’t subscribers to the NFL Sunday Ticket have the option of watching a live feed of games on their computers?

I thought it was the games that are on the NFL network were teh ones that they might be streaming live because not all areas could get that channel?

Subscribers to the NFL Sunday Ticket can because they are paying a premium to get the games which equals more $$$$ for the NFL. On cable, your aren't paying the NFL anymore money to watch it. Also, with Sunday ticket, I don't think you can get games that are blacked out in your region, they are still blacked out on Sunday Ticket

I beat you, I live 30 minutes (if the bridge isn't backed up) from what used to be HSBC arena, and I can't get Sabres games unless I get the Centre Ice Package!

I thought it was the games that are on the NFL network were teh ones that they might be streaming live because not all areas could get that channel?

Subscribers to the NFL Sunday Ticket can because they are paying a premium to get the games which equals more $$$$ for the NFL. On cable, your aren't paying the NFL anymore money to watch it. Also, with Sunday ticket, I don't think you can get games that are blacked out in your region, they are still blacked out on Sunday Ticket

Ya blackout = blackout. Sunday ticket won't fix that.