blackouts...

I still don't understand why CBS, NBC, FOX, an ESPN don't stream the games live. It's not like they aren't broadcasting the commercials, because they still can. They can even broadcast local channel commercials onto whatever game you are watching so the affiliates get their air time. Win win for everyone.

Everything that would make perfect sense for the NFL to do, they do the exact opposite. Instead of being a customer friendly operation, they find ways to incense the customer. For tonite's game, it may be worthwhile to check out http://myp2p.bz/ for the Lions feed to the game.

The NFL like the record and movie industries have failed to adapt with the times and find it best to sue the customers instead of changing with popular demand.

Ya blackout = blackout. Sunday ticket won't fix that.

I never understood how the NFL got away with that one since sunday ticket subscribers do pay money to watch the games.

Back in the day I was able to change the zipcode on my directv smartcard (that goes in the receiver) to Utica on Bills blackout gamedays and watch the game anyway. Unfortunately not possible anymore. You can still find a buddy outside the blackout area who gets the ticket and have him add an extra receiver under his contract and send it to you. A lot of work for 3 or 4 blacked out games a season though :)

Uuuuuuh...don't think so?

Yes the ticket gets blacked out too.

Yeah I don't think so either. My Uncle in Amherst has Sunday Ticket and he still gets the Blacked out games

What are the NFL SUNDAY TICKET blackout rules for my local team's home games?

A regular-season, Sunday afternoon home team game will be blacked out in a home team's territory if the game fails to sell out at least 72 hours before the game. This is to make sure that the team benefits from a stadium full of enthusiastic fans, to assure the entertainment value of a full stadium, and to protect home game attendance and local television coverage. If it is blacked out on your local broadcast station, it will also be blacked out in your area on NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Each stadium's local blackout area is defined by the broadcast signal of the local affiliate carrying the game, not by the mileage surrounding the stadium.

Link

Don't mean to hijack the thread....but i was thinking about purchasing NFL preseason pass for $4.99 for tonight's game. I was about to register and buy the thing when I noticed it said " certain blackout restrictions" apply. Does that mean that this game wont be streamed to the Buffalo area?? I couldn't find any fine print regarding the same.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah I don't think so either. My Uncle in Amherst has Sunday Ticket and he still gets the Blacked out games

If so, either he's swapped code cards w/ somebody outside the blackout area, has DTV believing he lives outside the blackout zone, or he's damn lucky that somebody at DTV made an error.

Whichever the reason he's not blacked out, I would recommend he not point out to DTV that he isn't. Everyone in Syracuse & west, and Erie & north is supposed to be blacked out. (Not sure if Elmira gets blacked out or not.)

If so, either he's swapped code cards w/ somebody outside the blackout area, has DTV believing he lives outside the blackout zone, or he's damn lucky that somebody at DTV made an error.

Whichever the reason he's not blacked out, I would recommend he not point out to DTV that he isn't. Everyone in Syracuse & west, and Erie & north is supposed to be blacked out. (Not sure if Elmira gets blacked out or not.)

noted haha