Fred Jackson looks like...

cage

Bills game is playing this morning on NFL Network (game started at 7am)

I have to say that as I watch Fred Jackson slithering through the cracks, he looks just like Thurman Thomas used to look with his running. I'm happy for CJ Spiller to keep developing and growing, but Jackson is just a really smooth player who deserves to play!

hehe, They are both very slithery,

Fred Jackson reminds me of smooth flowing water running downhill,decisive, always taking the path of least resistance. Thurman Thomas reminded me of a stealth bomber carrying a deadly payload, Thurmal Warfare I used to call him.

Identical thought waves homer, amazing (at almost the same time)

Edited by Fig Newton

Bills game is playing this morning on NFL Network (game started at 7am)

I have to say that as I watch Fred Jackson slithering through the cracks, he looks just like Thurman Thomas used to look with his running. I'm happy for CJ Spiller to keep developing and growing, but Jackson is just a really smooth player who deserves to play!

I am just happy that he is going to be healthy for game 1 this year. Personally I like that he has a chip on his shoulder right now. I think that this is going to be his best season yet.

Thurman did all the little things really well. First off, fantastic blocking back. Great out of the shotgun with blocking, screens, and getting in space. Fred jackson does seem to run a lot like him though, he has a great first cut that results in getting those extra yards. He always seems to be moving forward, and while hes not fast, hes a really quick back and hits the hole hard.

:lol:

Things have changed since my days behind the big blue doors - back then we had the longest undefeated streak in NYS (5 years).

When I went to St. Joes, we were so-so with Canisius, I haven't followed it since moving away in 82.

I was screaming for freddie to see the field back when he was in NFL Europe....he's always had the talent, but not the staff to give him a shot...glad he's making the most of it now

I remember playing Fire that season and saw that Freddy was out for the game; immediate thought was sweet Thats a W in our bag! Freddy was hands down the most impact player on that years Fire team. Man do i miss going to Düsseldorf for the away games...

I think this is an incredibly stereotypical statement. Fred Jackson looks nothing like Thurman Thomas.

:P

In all seriousness, I have always thought he looks a bit like one of the Wayans brothers!!

With his helmet on - I don't know - but it is defintely not Thurman. Thurman Thomas was much more elusive, and a much better pass catcher.

no no...more like a combination of Jim Brown and OJ Simpson.

Fred doesn't wear black leather gloves that are too small for him

:flirt:

Fred Jackson is THE WHIP... FACT! Take it from YE OLE, anyone who says otherwise is a MAROON!

Edited by fansince88

Thurman did all the little things really well. First off, fantastic blocking back. Great out of the shotgun with blocking, screens, and getting in space. Fred jackson does seem to run a lot like him though, he has a great first cut that results in getting those extra yards. He always seems to be moving forward, and while hes not fast, hes a really quick back and hits the hole hard.

Yea I agree, Freddy is very Thurman-esque as the guy can do it all.

What stinks is tho is he is way underpaid for what he has done. Face it he was better then #1 pick Marshawn Lynch and tremendously better then CJ can'tfindahole. Plus, he has been hidden from success and notoriety in a crap Buffalo offense the last few years. But that is the way this franchise treats the great players they find that aren't #1 picks

To those that think FJ sisn't that good, just remember this RB makes the first 2 tacklers miss and makes his yards despite a bad O line. The last few years I keep getting reminded in this forum how good the line has been because the running game has a good YPA and rates in the top 15. I watched Lynch time after time get tackled behind the LoS and carry 3 guys on him to make yards, FJ breaks the tackles and gets his yardage despite the line.

Edited by Harvey lives