Reid Forrest cut

PS 56

This kind of surprised me since I thought he was giving Moorman a run for his money. He had a coaches honorable mention at the Pac 10 and had an 84 yard punt against Arizona last year. I guess there is not room on the roster for an extra punter......

This kind of surprised me since I thought he was giving Moorman a run for his money. He had a coaches honorable mention at the Pac 10 and had an 84 yard punt against Arizona last year. I guess there is not room on the roster for an extra punter......

No there is not room on the roster for an extra punter. I also have been hearing how this kid has really been out-performing Moorman in camp. I think he was averaging like 5-7 more yards per punt. I remember hearing about how the coaches wanted to focus more on directional punting in the future (we all saw what that did to Moorman's stats last year), perhaps Moorman is the better directional kicker? Also being the veteran leader also helps out.

Nope, definitely no room for an extra punter. Moorman was never going anywhere... he has a body of work. Forrest was only using this preseason as an audition for other NFL teams who might be less satisfied with their kicking game.

No there is not room on the roster for an extra punter. I also have been hearing how this kid has really been out-performing Moorman in camp. I think he was averaging like 5-7 more yards per punt. I remember hearing about how the coaches wanted to focus more on directional punting in the future (we all saw what that did to Moorman's stats last year), perhaps Moorman is the better directional kicker? Also being the veteran leader also helps out.

If the kid is nearly as good or better they should have tried to deal moorman for something of value. Assuming you can get something of value for a punter I guess.

It also helps that he is the size of a linebacker!

Well, one linebacker, anyway...

Personally, I couldn't imagine a team going with a rookie P over a vet like Moorman, even if Brian did have an "off" year in 2010 by his standards.

P.S. Codemonkey, when football teams don't even draft punters before the 6th or 7th rounds (if at all), there's no reason to believe trading Moorman would bring any value whatsoever to the Bills.

They were not going to mess with Moorman's rapport with Lindell holding for extra points and FG's. Kickers quickly lose their mojo with a new holder. Moorman would really have to stink up the place to get cut. At some point that day will come though.

I went to the game Saturday against the Jags and he did awful punting the ball, the put morrman back in in the 4th quarter I assume because reed was doing so bad, he kept kicking it out of bounds which isn't bad but the problem was it was out of bounds short...I thought he was doing well up until that game..

I think he was averaging like 5-7 more yards per punt. I remember hearing about how the coaches wanted to focus more on directional punting in the future (we all saw what that did to Moorman's stats last year), perhaps Moorman is the better directional kicker? Also being the veteran leader also helps out.

He had a pretty bad game the other night. That's what got him cut.

He's got a big leg, but I got the feeling during the game that he was asked to aim his kicks and pin the returners down on their sidelines. I think maybe he just doesn't have the control. Nothing to back that up, just the feeling I got watching him shank them out of bounds and then watch Moorman come back in and do it perfectly.

He's got a big leg, but I got the feeling during the game that he was asked to aim his kicks and pin the returners down on their sidelines. I think maybe he just doesn't have the control. Nothing to back that up, just the feeling I got watching him shank them out of bounds and then watch Moorman come back in and do it perfectly.

I thought the one punt was going to end up in the stands behind the Jags bench for a second...