Stanley Cup or Vince Lombardi Trophy?

If this is asked of everyone in this city right now, with the struggles of the Bills and the sack licking of Terry Pegula I would say the Cup wins hands down. If you even had a 8-8 team for the last ten years in Buffalo it would be the Trophy hands down. at the end of the day this town is more of a football town and would rather see the Trophy but too ma y young kids would tip the scales that weren't even out of diapers when the last time the Bills were good. It's all a matter of timing if you ask me.

On a side note what is this Cup they speak of? Is it some tin foil joke of a prize at a carnival? Hockey is barely a sport IMO. It's less popular than Football, Nascar, Baseball, Basketball, Even MMA. That's the 6th most popular sport in this country and it's a joke IMO. It's only ntertaining to watch when it's playoff time. It's completely overpriced. There are too many games. Hockey couldn't hold Basketballs jock let alone stay in the NFL conversation. But since were all sucking off Pegs we might as well vote Cup.

If this is asked of everyone in this city right now, with the struggles of the Bills and the sack licking of Terry Pegula I would say the Cup wins hands down. If you even had a 8-8 team for the last ten years in Buffalo it would be the Trophy hands down. at the end of the day this town is more of a football town and would rather see the Trophy but too ma y young kids would tip the scales that weren't even out of diapers when the last time the Bills were good. It's all a matter of timing if you ask me.

On a side note what is this Cup they speak of? Is it some tin foil joke of a prize at a carnival? Hockey is barely a sport IMO. It's less popular than Football, Nascar, Baseball, Basketball, Even MMA. That's the 6th most popular sport in this country and it's a joke IMO. It's only ntertaining to watch when it's playoff time. It's completely overpriced. There are too many games. Hockey couldn't hold Basketballs jock let alone stay in the NFL conversation. But since were all sucking off Pegs we might as well vote Cup.

Your saying the nhl is a joke, isn't fun to watch, overpriced and has too many games. Yet you're defending the nba. Clearly you have never been to either. Mid season nba no one tries and every second of a hockey game has something going on. Maybe it was just how and where I was raised but the nba is completely unwatchable until the finals. And the only reason its not on espn is because of contracts.

Gorillaz is barely a band IMO. They're less popular than Nickelback, Taylor Swift, Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, even Rebecca Black.

Stanley Cup... the Sabres organization have put a quality product out there almost every year since 1970, and you can't say that about the Bills. Under the present ownership situation, to me the choice is easy.

Edited by BmoreBills

We have a much better chance of winning a Cup first, given the current owner situations. I also think the Sabres as a franchise deserve it more, considering it's always been run "fairly well" by the many different owners.

But I would rather have the Bills bring home the Trophy. Only because it would be on a much larger stage, with millions of people watching/following. It would re-legitimize (is that a word?) the city a bit.

There are a lot of us Bills fans out there who simply like hockey better than football.

Of course, I could get obnoxious and say something like, "Football is barely a sport IMO. It's less popular worldwide than hockey, and there's no version of it in the Olympics. Plus they only have about ten minutes of action in a game that lasts over three hours."

I could say that...but this would be a much better response:

Gorillaz is barely a band IMO. They're less popular than Nickelback, Taylor Swift, Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, even Rebecca Black.

I love the Sabres and want both a Stanley Cup AND a Lombardi Trophy for Buffalo and WNY but this isn't even close...a Lombardi, hands down. Anyone on this board saying otherwise doesn't hold football as his or her favorite sport, plain and simple.

I love the Sabres and want both a Stanley Cup AND a Lombardi Trophy for Buffalo and WNY but this isn't even close...a Lombardi, hands down. Anyone on this board saying otherwise doesn't hold football as his or her favorite sport, plain and simple.

That's likely true. And although I like hockey better, I do see some merit to what Dareustein said about a "national stage" and all that.

Still, I've been following the Sabres since I was a tot, and the Bills since I was a teen. I really, really want a Stanley Cup in this town (but I would of course not turn down a Lombardi Trophy).

Vince Lombardi Trophy!!!!

hmmmm the highest prize in USA sports or the highest prize in Canadian sport.

Im so sick of every one in this town going gaga over Pegula and trying to compare him to Ralph. They are two completely different sports w/ two different systems.

In the NHL you can spend until your hearts content and take home the trophy. Thats the bottom line. Pegula will eventually get his trophy. He is going to buy it.

In the NFL you are punished for throwing money around. i.e. Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles. Those teams have not done a thing this decade and they have been signing every big name free agent name available. Meanwhile they have drafted terrible and as a result the core of there team is a failure each and every year.

Look at the Super Bowl winning philosophies this decade.

Patriots- Stable Coaching, Amazing Drafts, QB, Get rid of anything you can replace for future value

Steelers- Coaching, Amazing Drafts, QB, Get rid of anything you can replace for future value

Ravens- Coaching, Amazing Drafts, Occasional free agent for the RIGHT price

Giants- Coaching, Drafts, QB, virtually no big name free agents

Saints- Coaching, Drafts, QB, Occasional free agent that makes sense i.e Brees, Greer

Colts- QB, Drafts, no free agents

Packers- Coaching, drafts, QB, a FA that made sense at the right price i.e Woodson

Free Agents in the NFL are other teams trash. When are you people going to get that? I think the Bills fall in category much closer to the Redskins, Eagles when it comes to spending.

i.e. Spikes, Fletcher, Bledsoe, Sam Adams, Terrell Owens, Rob johnson, Lawyer milloy, troy vincent, etc

The past 3 seasons the Bills have been trying to get on the right track as far as building a football team. That takes time. Especially since you only get 7 draft picks a year.

I'm surprised the vote is even as close as it is. It would be great if the Sabres won a Stanley Cup. It's even much more likely to happen. Winning the Super Bowl is the MUCH bigger prize though.

Edited by Dr. Fong

Cup by a !@#$ing mile.

mrags - maybe the dumbest and most ignorant tirade I've seen in years. the MLB and NBA have nothing on hockey.

Agreed. This "mrags" fellow has proved he is a douchebag with his post.

Nevertheless, as much as I love hockey and the Sabres, I'd rather have the Lombardi for this one simple reason: it is much less likely that the Bills leave Buffalo if they win a Super Bowl before Ralph's death.