Owning Up

My point was it was probably him peddling the story on here.

I thought "the similarities" to which you were referring was HGH. But I agree that it could have been Moron posting here, to give credence to his story.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Geez, just get in and get out. It isn't really conciliatory if you just go on, and on, and on.

This is the worst appology of all time. I would still be angry if I was Merriman. I think a defamation lawsuit would be in the works in fact.

My point was it was probably him peddling the story on here.

I really want to know who the TSW member is that RobGuy trusted enough to PM with the information on what the two substances supposedly were. Remember that? Only one highly trusted member of TSW could be told. I call TOTAL BS on that unless he can better substantiate what Moran never could.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Some people might bash him.....I commend him for writing this when a lot of hack journalists would just wait and hope the thing would blow over.....

This actually GIVES him some credibility in my eyes.....I am a big fan of character

He implies that if you change one word, "steriods" to "xxxxxxxx" then is story is correct.

Well what is xxx? Beer? Fireworks? Cuban cigars?

I give him some credit for the apology but he left himself a big out.

Edited by Bob in STL

He implies that if you change one word, "steriods" to "xxxxxxxx" then is story is correct.

Well what is xxx? Beer? Fireworks?

As I said, it doesn't matter now. He had 3 weeks to verify the story, namely what it was that Merriman was allegedly caught with (essentially THE story), yet still insisted it was steroids. Now he's saying it was something else but doesn't have proof, and we're supposed to believe him? Ding, thanks for playing! His cred is ded.

I really want to know who the TSW member is that RobGuy trusted enough to PM with the information on what the two substances supposedly were. Remember that? Only one highly trusted member of TSW could be told. I call TOTAL BS on that unless he can better substantiate what Moran never could.

GO BILLS!!!

yea the MO on both along with the writing styles and lack of emotional maturity are growing more and more similar. i enjoyed rob guy throwing a fit in the shoutbox that he would just go away if he was causing so much trouble.

yea the MO on both along with the writing styles and lack of emotional maturity are growing more and more similar. i enjoyed rob guy throwing a fit in the shoutbox that he would just go away if he was causing so much trouble.

You think RobGuy is Moran? Hmm. Interesting.

GO BILLS!!!

You think RobGuy is Moran? Hmm. Interesting.

GO BILLS!!!

Rob guy shows up in the Moran thread hours before the announcement and out of left field says steroids while we all are discussing contracts. Refuses to say what the substance is, although he 100% knows. Paints himself as the victim when people don't accept him at his word- then Moran drops the same story, mere hours later, which without Rob would have been totally out of left field. Won't name substances, throws fits when people question him.... Seems odd, no?

Either rob blew the story up scaring Moran into rushing it out sloppily (in which case what was morans real announcement that day?) or they are the same guy and Moran lacks foresight, and basic social skills.

This border story was discussed couple times back in july, but was on no ones radar for a breaking announcement that day - and a guy that hadn't posted in a year happens to nail it?

Edited by NoSaint

Straight from the article:

"Regardless of anything else, I’m sorry to Merriman for causing him unnecessary grief, forcing major media outlets to investigate him further and causing anyone to question his character due to an inaccurate report. He’s worked hard to get ready for this season and deserves the unwavering support of all Bills fans....

For what it’s worth, I also apologize to the Buffalo fans....

Lastly and most importantly to me, I want to apologize to media members and some Bills players themselves that I know were let down."

They were near the bottom of the article and I count 3 apologies in there.

Anything he writes after this qualifier is not an apology:

"However, before going any further if for no other reason than my sanity—– what I published was NOT completely untrue. Though my erroneous coining of the word “steroids” is emphatically wrong, this was more than just the “routine” border incident most of us have experienced ourselves."

He's saying, yeah I lied and said steroids, but I wasn't really lying. He is apologizing so people will stop berating him on twitter (which they have not) and to try and salvage his "reputation" (which is non=existent). After all the swagger and bravado he was exhibiting on twitter after the article ran I'm not buying this. He obviously didn't realize he was going to catch so much hatred over writing this garbage, got flustered by it all and is hastily trying to get out of the doghouse. If you go to Chan's video interview on the official website, the one where he talks about Torbor to IR, Moran asks him a question and Gailey responds "we don't get to talk about that." Moran, immediately self-conscious for no reason asks "I don't get to talk about it?" and Gailey looks at him like he's growing a second head cause the response was so out of left field.

Eh, or maybe you're right. I don't know the guy, so I don't really feel the need to forgive him because I don't care about him as a person. I think he's slimy and disgusting and I'm not feeling bad for the crap he's taken or forgiving him just cause he asks for forgiveness after writing an article that had the potential to mess up someone's career and really screw the team.

I'm not sure that was a full apology. Sounds like he was still trying to save face a little there. Either way, I never trusted him to begin with so it doesn't matter. Just a moron trying to get some attention.

Exactly and he added more falsities and half truths in his apology. And he is not a Bills fan.