Levitre to compete for LT spot

Doc

I'm sick of watching the old man do nothing to improve the team & pocket the difference. You optomistic guys better find higher ground, the water is going to rise fast.

Not nothing, just not enough. And truth be told, the damage has been done over the long term, not this offseason, which may qualify as one of their best in a decade (def the best since they acquired Spikes). Adding Merriman, Brad Smith, Dareus, Barnett is really a nice offseason. But they have to prove to FAs that this is a great place to come to, to secure some of the top-shelf offensive linemen. If they got Clabo we wouldn't be having this conversation. A commitment to winning needs to be shown, not talked about. So far it's a mixed message when you trade guys like Lee Evans and cheap out on guys like Fred Jackson.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been widely reported that McKinnie is WAY overweight. How is a fat, slow McKinnie going to help?

I'd take an out of shape McKinnie over ANY tackle this team has. The O line problems on this team have reached absurd proportions and the front office should be looking at available bodies and bring in at least three bodies to try to find someone to plug the holes.

And yet just weeks ago, Nix announced that the line was much better than us idiots thought.Folks, you need to start voting with your wallets. Anyone who spends money on this product is a sucker and a fool.

BINGO

Not nothing, just not enough. And truth be told, the damage has been done over the long term, not this offseason, which may qualify as one of their best in a decade (def the best since they acquired Spikes). Adding Merriman, Brad Smith, Dareus, Barnett is really a nice offseason. But they have to prove to FAs that this is a great place to come to, to secure some of the top-shelf offensive linemen. If they got Clabo we wouldn't be having this conversation. A commitment to winning needs to be shown, not talked about. So far it's a mixed message when you trade guys like Lee Evans and cheap out on guys like Fred Jackson.

We've ignored a huge problem in the O-line & had the ability to address it, we haven't yet. There is still time to make amends, contact all the OT - FA available & find help.

It's been widely reported that McKinnie is WAY overweight. How is a fat, slow McKinnie going to help?

He's overweight and unmotivated, and if you watch that video on the Moats/Favre hit, Moats beat McKinnie bad and as a result, Favre got killed.

Unmotivated? Even after being cut? I doubt that highly. I also think he should be able to drop 30-40 pounds by week 2 or 3 of the season, also long enough for him to learn our O. Only reason not to do this is cash, plain and simple......

Moats beat McKinney bad?!?!?! He only ran around a NY city block before getting to Farve. Please people. Gotta also love the people who are like "you mean you would take a overweight/outta shape McKinney over what we got?". Um, yeah!!! Still a huge upgrade numbnuts!!! How sad when a above average NFL lineman who is 40 lbs overweight is still a big upgrade over what we got....... :bag:

Edited by JStranger76

I dont see why they cant just bring in a LT (Mckinnie) and move Levitre back to guard.

Mckinnie, Levitre, Wood, Rhinehart, Pears/ Bell. That actually has the looks of a decent o-line.. am i right?

If you were Mckinnie what would you rather eat a doughnut or play for this organization???

If you were Mckinnie what would you rather eat a doughnut or play for this organization???

I'd rather chew old dentures than play for the Bills right now, that's the entire leagues mentality.

You folks do realize that having to play for the Bills is considered like a ticket the Russian front during WWII?

We've ignored a huge problem in the O-line & had the ability to address it, we haven't yet. There is still time to make amends, contact all the OT - FA available & find help.

I'd rather chew old dentures than play for the Bills right now, that's the entire leagues mentality.

You folks do realize that having to play for the Bills is considered like a ticket the Russian front during WWII?

Oh, the irony. Do you not read or remember what you post??

No sooner do you plead for the Bills to "contact all the OT - FA available & find help"...you then turn around a few posts later and say they can't get anyone to sign here because it's "considered like a ticket the Russian front during WWII." :doh:

If Nix had selected an OT in the 1st round this year or last, he'd be reaching for one. He could have traded up from the 2nd round, but instead filled a number of needs. The OT situation is a big problem, but I don't have a problem with the direction he's taken in his drafts.

He was right to go after Clabo, but he was playing for a Super Bowl contender. I don't know how much you'd have to overpay to get him. Unfortunately that was the best chance to get a real quality one though free agency. A team would have to be very deep to cut a good one.

I believe in next year's draft he's going to have to go away from the "take the best available player" stance and go after one more aggressively. The OT position is not one where you can just sit back an have a good one fall to you. Levitre did play OLT in college. It's not the best situation, but could do for the moment.

Everyone wants a left tackle, right tackle and right guard but how many actual free agents hit the market that were actually worth signing ? It definitely smacks of desperation to freak out over about a game and half worth of o line plays. Realistically, why should we go for people who are still out of work this far in to the preseason ? If mckinnie was that good, why didnt some genius organization like the patriots pick him up ?

it looks like right tackle, center and left guard are set. two positions need to shake out before september 11th. cant we play a regular season game before we all commit emotional suicide en mass ?

Hell yeah! Bell is a train wreck and that is what he looked like once Dumerville got done with him. Levitre is more of a finesse player and would do better on the outside and is the position he played in college. I wish the bills would just leave guys at their natural positions that they played before instead of trying to change everybody to something else. Some guys need to change but the more players that you change the longer their development will be and may not even happen, like Moats who I think should be on the outside, I don't care if he is short Chan that's his best position. I think that is why they put Levitre inside because he is only 6'2" and doesn't have that wingspan. However Short guys are quicker and lower and low man wins so I think he would do well out there. Matt Light is 6'4' 305 and has been to 3 probowls including last year and Levitre is basically the same size.

Mark Ludwiczak tweet

2 hours ago

Yea, let's see how this works out.

Not everyone has Dareus and he wouldn't face many like him and Levitre is smart enough to find a way to overcome that(probably cut block).

Yeah they would, Clabo is a RT and Bell would still have to be replaced.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian