Levitre on the Move

Astrobot

Levitre might actually be our starting LT if it werent his short arms......but he moves extremeley well

That's my thought John, Levitre is more of a finesse Lineman and his good footwork is better utilized at the tackle position despite having short arms.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Chris Brown change his blog? Levitre is taking reps with the 1st team at LT...

Last week Andy Levitre rotated with Chad Rinehart at left guard. Then he played center for a short spell in Saturday’s game. Now he’s lining up at another position.

Levitre is taking his primary snaps as the starting left guard, but he’s also taking snaps at left tackle with the first unit stepping out to tackle with Rinehart replacing him at guard.

We’ll have more on this after practice.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/22/levitre-still-on-the-move/

I just thought of something.....what if the bills are actually thinking of starting Levitre at LT after the Denver game.....

Now I would have a complaint there if that happened...what a knee jerk reaction that would be.

Why would that be a knee jerk reaction ? Trying various options is what practice and pre-season is all about for a rebuilding team.

from the original Post

"Then he played center for a short spell in Saturday’s game."

There's also rumors that Hangartner may be on the chopping block. Probably trying Levitre out to see if he can be the backup center.

There are options available at tackle that are at least as good or better than what we have on the roster. Why keep f*cking around shuffling these guys instead of signing one (or more) of the available guys? I cant believe its a cheap thing. But I cant think of any other reason. This regime has shown they will admit failure (so to speak) and cut ties with their mistakes so I cant see them not signing a tackle because they're trying to save face......

There are options available at tackle that are at least as good or better than what we have on the roster. Why keep f*cking around shuffling these guys instead of signing one (or more) of the available guys? I cant believe its a cheap thing. But I cant think of any other reason. This regime has shown they will admit failure (so to speak) and cut ties with their mistakes so I cant see them not signing a tackle because they're trying to save face......

Couple things - you ask yourself why these guys are still out in free agency, most of them are hardened veteran guys. Two main reasons they are still out there. 1) They are not in good enough shape so they are not being signed and 2) they are in good enough shape but are likely near their swan song and are hoping a New England of Philly or NYJ calls them.

I never thought Levitre was built for guard since they first drafted him, he is just not a mauler. I actually always wished they would give him a shot at RT, but LT, who knows, why not. Maybe he can bring consistency....

Just training camp experimentation....I wouldn't read too much into this. If Bell gets injured Levitre is the most capable candidate to step in at LT, therefore, he needs to get some "burn" at the position during the pre-season. Bell will still be our starting LT down the stretch.

I think that the O-line could likely be

Bell-Reinhart-Hangman-Wood-Levitre

The fact that there is so much shuffling of the offensive line is a real indictment of the coaching staff and front office. I understand not drafting O-line because the need for defensive help BUT to not go out and address the need in free agency (I know they made a big push for Clabo but you have to have a plan B). Hell Brian Waters is a veteran still available that could be a possible upgrade at guard.