Tonights Game

RU Serious

How about Merriman?

Merriman's out...

Sitting out for the Bills will be linebacker Shawne Merriman and receiver Roscoe Parrish. Several players missed practice Thursday due to minor injuries and are not expected to suit up: receiver Craig Davis, linebackers Kelvin Sheppard and Chris White, tackle Chris Hairston, cornerback Justin Rogers and tight end Shawn Nelson.

(link)

Gailey says its just a precaution - he'd (Merriman) play if it was a regular season game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CG talked all week about how his offense was terrible during practice. The "O" line better show something tonight, or half of them will be getting a visit from The Turk. I think if they can find a left tackle and move Bell to the right, we have a chance to be mediocre this year. :flirt:

They can't find a way to upgrade the RT position. What makes you think if they move Bell to RT, that they will be able to find a new LT? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Merriman's out...

Sitting out for the Bills will be linebacker Shawne Merriman and receiver Roscoe Parrish. Several players missed practice Thursday due to minor injuries and are not expected to suit up: receiver Craig Davis, linebackers Kelvin Sheppard and Chris White, tackle Chris Hairston, cornerback Justin Rogers and tight end Shawn Nelson.

(link)

Gailey says its just a precaution - he'd (Merriman) play if it was a regular season game.

The bottom line is Merriman is fragile and they know it so they want to get as much time out of him as they possibly can when it counts. It's the smart move.

By the second preseason game you need to see more out of the starting offense. I would like to see them move the ball in each series they play. Score a TD and no turnovers. OL blocking and the general timing of the offense needs to start looking sharper.

On defense we need to see the starters an the first wave of backups continue to pressure the QB. Getting off gthe field on 3rd down is important.

In the secnd half we will look at everybody so expect a mixed bag. Would like to win the 1st the 2nd quarter. After that it does not matter much.

There is a lot of stuff I want to see, including some already mentioned above --

1] Obviously solid blocking by the OL. The only one I am not worried about is Wood.

2] The first team offense scoring at least one TD in their 3 series or so.

3] Very interested to see Carrington play well, at both end and OLB. I really like what they are doing with him.

4] Really want to see Andra Davis read and move to the ball quickly like he did last week, making tackles at or behind the LOS. Our defense will be very good if he can do that. He used to be that player. He wasn't last year because of injury and our terrible DL. With Dareus and Kyle in the middle, allowing the LBs to run free, Davis becomes a very important player. I'm not worried about Barnett at all, he's good.

5] I want to see Donald Jones get separation and make catches. He looked terrible on that ball last week, not running hard, slowing down, then pushing off, and then timing his jump poorly. It's not easy to make four bad plays on one play.

6] I want to see Easley stretch the field against a #1 or #2 DB.

7] I want to see Brad Smith throw the ball a couple times although Gailey might be holding that back. Loved that player before we even signed him.

8] Like to see Battan shed blocks and rush the passer.

9] Chandler not drop any passes. If he is just reliable he could be effective.

10 points (or more) with 0 turnovers and 0 sacks out of the starting offense.

3 points (or less) with at least 1 turnover and 1 sack out of the starting defense.

That's a lot to ask even when they play the whole game, let alone however much time they will be given on the field.

I'd like to see the 1st team o-line play the first half with some substitutions on the right side to see if we can find the right combination.

+ 1

I hope this line shift this past week isn't another bad experiment aka Kelsay playing LB. :o

Would like to see how extended play on offense looks like without Lee Evans or on defense without Merriman. I'm concerned the opposing defense will not respect our deep threat without Evans and that our own defense will be a one-trick pony without Merriman.

Also curious to see how Tim Jesus Fire Tebow plays. Gotta admit I'm a little excited to see any success with the Wildcat, too. Not excited at all about the potential of our weak O line imploding.

They can't find a way to upgrade the RT position. What makes you think if they move Bell to RT, that they will be able to find a new LT? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Sorry you cant read. But I will interpret for you. If OL doesnt play well, CG could move Bell to RT,,now listen closly now, If they can find another left tackle with similar or better skills than Bell. <_< <_< Of course finding a better right tackle is an option also

Edited by RU Serious

I'd like to see our line protect against dumervil and von miller. Spiller actually pick up a pass block.

Not to get off topic, however were there issues with Spiller pre-draft that he couldn't learn to pick up the pass blocking

or just hadn't done it? Was is an issue coming out of college? I know last year he was bad.