Prisco Power Rankings

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not. The Bills are going to play a lot better than that.

But will they beat anyone, that is the question. This team opened 0 - 8 last year with largely the same lineup. KC win on opening day in Kansas City? Not a chance. Eggles? Pls. Pats in NE? Ouch, that one will be ugly. Raiders in home opener.... pray for that one. 1 -3 out of the gate, absolutely best case...

Absolutely not. The Bills are going to play a lot better than that.

Based on what? They lost two significant contributors and only added a couple small time free agents. I really think they are a young improving team but I also think the front office very well knows they will not compete this year. Luck might be in the back of their mind. Him plus a couple new OT and this could be a very serious team.

Based on what? They lost two significant contributors and only added a couple small time free agents. I really think they are a young improving team but I also think the front office very well knows they will not compete this year. Luck might be in the back of their mind. Him plus a couple new OT and this could be a very serious team.

You honestly think that despite our off season up grades we'll actually move DOWN a spot from where we were last year? What can his argument be? Well, they lost Posluszny, Evans and Whitner not to mention Aaron Maybin so they're significantly worse. Horrible writing, guy doesn't know anything about football. Moving on.

I agree with most people that we are not the 2nd worst team in the league. I think we will show some pluck this year and shock a couple of teams and maybe win 7 or 8. I try to give Prisco some respect--but come on. He must have done something to get his job as a columnist for CBS but I can't fathom what it is. His comment about the Bills is so weak and contradictory. He says Galley will have to work hard for this team to be .500. If the Bills are .500 wouldn't they be about 15th on the power rankings? So many of these supposed NFL experts are really lazy and do little of the digging--I really believe that you can look at the draft order and put out preseason rankings exactly the same.

I agree with most people that we are not the 2nd worst team in the league. I think we will show some pluck this year and shock a couple of teams and maybe win 7 or 8. I try to give Prisco some respect--but come on. He must have done something to get his job as a columnist for CBS but I can't fathom what it is. His comment about the Bills is so weak and contradictory. He says Galley will have to work hard for this team to be .500. If the Bills are .500 wouldn't they be about 15th on the power rankings? So many of these supposed NFL experts are really lazy and do little of the digging--I really believe that you can look at the draft order and put out preseason rankings exactly the same.

Looks like he used a combination of where they drafted last year and how he feels about the QB situation, hence the reason that the Bengals are the only team ranked below Buffalo.

Give him a break..He could have ranked us anywhere from 25 to 32. All the teams in that group can be flipped around and given the same reasons for their failure. It is not like that the Bills are really in the top 10 (or even top 20) and that Prisco is stupid. The Bills were the 3rd worst team last season and no one has any idea as to how they will do this season...especially with almost the same cast...There are so many IFs....

- If Fitzy will have similar season like last year

- If Merriman will be the same old former self as in SD

- If Spiller will be able to shrug off his horrible rookie season

- If the Bills will have a decent OL

- If the Bills will be able to stop the run or falter like last year.

- If the Bills will be able to replace Lee Evans

- If the Bills DC be able to outsmart Ryan and Belichek

Prisco has been doing this for so many years..It is silly to pretend that he knows nothing about football. I am sure he knows much more than any of us on this board.

This team opened 0 - 8 last year with largely the same lineup.

But they closed out the season 4-4. Why would you use the first half of 2010 to project 2011? Don't you think the second half of the 2010 season - when players were beginning to acclimate to new offensive and defensive schemes - would better predict this season's performance?

And it's not the same lineup... at least not on defense. The D looks to me to have a better front 7.

Give him a break..He could have ranked us anywhere from 25 to 32. All the teams in that group can be flipped around and given the same reasons for their failure. It is not like that the Bills are really in the top 10 (or even top 20) and that Prisco is stupid. The Bills were the 3rd worst team last season and no one has any idea as to how they will do this season...especially with almost the same cast...There are so many IFs....

- If Fitzy will have similar season like last year

- If Merriman will be the same old former self as in SD

- If Spiller will be able to shrug off his horrible rookie season

- If the Bills will have a decent OL

- If the Bills will be able to stop the run or falter like last year.

- If the Bills will be able to replace Lee Evans

- If the Bills DC be able to outsmart Ryan and Belichek

Prisco has been doing this for so many years..It is silly to pretend that he knows nothing about football. I am sure he knows much more than any of us on this board.

Ganesh, as the Elephant-head god of India and a great deva of intellect and wisdom, it's hard to argue with you.

And, in any case, I also think that there are many if's this season - too many for comfort.

But I can't completely agree with you about Prisco. I'm sure Prisco knows far more about football than me and most of us on this board. But he does NOT know more about the Bills than many of us. It's hard to be an expert on 32 clubs. As a team that hasn't been to the playoffs since Alexander the Great crossed the Hydaspes River (staying the the Indian subcontinent allusions), the Bills just don't get studied by the national media as much as some other teams.

In fact, I think those of us coming to Two Bills Drive and The Stadium Wall every day know the Bills far better than Prisco. I doubt if Prisco is as informed as we are of the state of Merriman's health, how Fitz's arm has looked, the quality of the receiving corps, the importance of adding Wannstedt, the progress of guys like Troupe and Carrington, and so on.

Posters on this site would probably rate the Bills anywhere from #1 (the guy who keeps predicting 16-0) to #32. I think, though, if you took an average of all those rankings, you'd get a more accurate prediction of the Bills season than you could get from Prisco. It's self-evident: the community of Bills fans knows the Bills better than Prisco.

Where would you rate the Bills?

If I didn't know much about them and wasn't a complete idiot like Prisco, I'd rate them at least above the teams that made coaching changes over the off-season. But I'd say 18-20 range.

And the Raiders will not be the 18th best team. Not after losing Asomugha and Zach Miller, their 2 best players (arguably for Miller) on both sides of the ball.

But they closed out the season 4-4. Why would you use the first half of 2010 to project 2011? Don't you think the second half of the 2010 season - when players were beginning to acclimate to new offensive and defensive schemes - would better predict this season's performance?

And it's not the same lineup... at least not on defense. The D looks to me to have a better front 7.

I hope so but the tackle positions are critical in this game and we are probably the weakest team in the NFL. Our offense does not score many points against decent defenses. Look at the games last year. Even the last 8. Or look at the game against the bears. We can't run.

Other than needing to write something for the sake of writing something, how do these guys establish a ranking of teams in preseason. Hell, the teams themselves don't even know what their rosters are going to look like with 90+ players in camp and a bunch of teams ridiculously close to the cap.

Ganesh, as the Elephant-head god of India and a great deva of intellect and wisdom, it's hard to argue with you.

And, in any case, I also think that there are many if's this season - too many for comfort.

But I can't completely agree with you about Prisco. I'm sure Prisco knows far more about football than me and most of us on this board. But he does NOT know more about the Bills than many of us. It's hard to be an expert on 32 clubs. As a team that hasn't been to the playoffs since Alexander the Great crossed the Hydaspes River (staying the the Indian subcontinent allusions), the Bills just don't get studied by the national media as much as some other teams.

In fact, I think those of us coming to Two Bills Drive and The Stadium Wall every day know the Bills far better than Prisco. I doubt if Prisco is as informed as we are of the state of Merriman's health, how Fitz's arm has looked, the quality of the receiving corps, the importance of adding Wannstedt, the progress of guys like Troupe and Carrington, and so on.

Posters on this site would probably rate the Bills anywhere from #1 (the guy who keeps predicting 16-0) to #32. I think, though, if you took an average of all those rankings, you'd get a more accurate prediction of the Bills season than you could get from Prisco. It's self-evident: the community of Bills fans knows the Bills better than Prisco.

I may have given too much credit to Prisco...but the fact is that it does not matter whether he ranks as @ 25 or 32....Right now we are the doormats of the NFL and until we can pick up ourselves and get some wins, it doesn't matter. The guy has to cover 32 teams..where is his focus going to be....not @ the doormats....I don't believe Prisco is an idiot and doesn't know his football. As you agreed, there are just way too many IFs for this team to succeed.

I hope so but the tackle positions are critical in this game and we are probably the weakest team in the NFL. Our offense does not score many points against decent defenses. Look at the games last year. Even the last 8. Or look at the game against the bears. We can't run.

I agree...The bills probably have the weakest Tackles in the NFL and until last year we also had a very small guy playing center...The Bills cannot run on the edges nor between the tackles. Plus as Nix said today, we also have the weakest depth on the OL in the NFL. Also, I am not sure whether we can evaluate talent or have good coaching.....A guy like Jonathan Scott who started at LT for a few games couple of seasons ago, is the starting LT protecting the blind side of Ben Rothelisberger. How did a doormat player who was crushed play-in-play-out, go on to starting the most important position on offense besides a QB.