Prisco Power Rankings

Wow. So much love for Lynch and Poz now that they are gone. The same people loving them now wanted them both gone. Can someone give me an example of Lynch's "productivity" as a Bill? Something other than his dance moves behind the line?

PTR

how do you have them losing to the chiefs...that team can't score. Chiefs are looking at 3-13 or so

They averaged 23 ppg last year (we were 17.7) and had the league's best running game (by a wide margin), whereas we were worst at stopping the run.

Anyone ranking the Fish ahead (much less that far ahead) of the Bills this year isn't paying any attention at all.

We embarrassed them last year w/o Dareus and Merriman.

They beat us in wek 1. We bet them by 3 in the rematch.

Well, we are probably much better against the run and haven't changed anything on offense except for let go of Lee Evans and add Brad Smith. So, logically that means that we have the same offense with a better defense and should then win at LEAST the 4 games but probably more like 2-4 more.

That argument is lunacy.

Last year at this time, the board was enraged with and scoffing at the national press who predicted 4 or fewer wins. Most argued that, with the new coaching staff, Spiller, etc., "there's no way we finish worse than with DJ." Now, of course, with just over half as many wins as DJ, the new staff was just "finding their way". And now--"No way we aren't better than last year".

"This crap tends to recirculate".

Because after struggling with a new system the first half of the year the Bills went 4-4 and 3 of their later losses were in OT to playoff teams. Second half performance is a known predictor for the next season - more than total season record.

Specifically, one of those late wins was an embarrassing beat-down on the Phins in Miami who needed that game to stay alive for the playoffs, which is why I say anyone who thinks the Bills are worse than Miami right now is showing they aren't paying attention.

Every team has close games (wins or losses) what matters is the record. We didn't win those close games, we never do, so they don't count as a moral victory imo. Miami had a better record than us, therefor they are better than us. Pretty simple.

Do I predict we'll finish better than them? Yes. But pre-season rankings are heavily based on last season and off season changes, on paper we didn't do a whole lot over the off season... but I think we'll see some changes once the season comes around. AND once we start winning more games, I bet we'll move up the power rankings lists. :)

how do you have them losing to the chiefs...that team can't score. Chiefs are looking at 3-13 or so

Hope I am wrong - but on the road at Arrowhead, musical chairs on OL and the Chiefs are a tough running team with Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones and former Ravens FB Le'Ron McClain.

Wow. So much love for Lynch and Poz now that they are gone. The same people loving them now wanted them both gone. Can someone give me an example of Lynch's "productivity" as a Bill? Something other than his dance moves behind the line?

PTR

Having two 1000 yard RBs is better than one, imo. Do I think we are significantly worse without him? No. But I do think our running game is thinner without him... at least until White proves he can run in the pros.

PTR

Oh nonsense. I never hated Lynch. I was more critical of Nix for drafting Spiller when the RB position was the only one settled on the team. And since Nix did draft Spiller, he should have traded Lynch on draft day so he could have gotten a pick immediately.

I was never a big fan of Poz but that again goes back to the front office. I thought it was stupid to let London Fletcher, a man who proved he could play, stay healthy and was a team leader, walk in free agency. They created a hole where none needed to be created when there were plenty of holes that needed filling on the team. This is a recurring theme for this organization and it hasn't stopped under the new management.

Again, it goes back to somebody has the play at those positions. Addition by subtraction rarely works and doesn't fit in this case.

Edited by Scraps

The Bills could actually go 9-7 (.500 or better would be great):

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs - L

09/18 OAKLAND RAIDERS - W

09/25 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - L

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals - W

10/9 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - L

10/16 @ New York Giants - L

10/23 BYE

10/30 WASHINGTON REDSKINS (TOR) - W

11/06 NEW YORK JETS - W

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys - L

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins - W

11/27 @ New York Jets - W

12/04 TENNESSEE TITANS - W

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers - L

12/18 MIAMI DOLPHINS - W

12/24 DENVER BRONCOS - W

1/01 @ New England Patriots - L

7-9 looks about the best to me. The optimistic me can agree with you on all but the sweep of the Jets. Give the Jets those 2 games & we're 7-9. The pessimistic me can see wins only against the Raiders (too much for them traveling W to E, over the years stats pretty good for the home team vs far west teams); Bengals-we always beat the Bengals & this year they're odds on to be the worst team in the NFL; Dolphins at least once because they're as bad as we are; Titans-assuming Hasselbeck is done & we play Locker at home; Broncos-home field and the possibility of Tebow finishing out the string. Worse for pessimistic me-we still suck royally but with 5 wins have no shot at Luck.

7-9 looks about the best to me. The optimistic me can agree with you on all but the sweep of the Jets. Give the Jets those 2 games & we're 7-9. The pessimistic me can see wins only against the Raiders (too much for them traveling W to E, over the years stats pretty good for the home team vs far west teams); Bengals-we always beat the Bengals & this year they're odds on to be the worst team in the NFL; Dolphins at least once because they're as bad as we are; Titans-assuming Hasselbeck is done & we play Locker at home; Broncos-home field and the possibility of Tebow finishing out the string. Worse for pessimistic me-we still suck royally but with 5 wins have no shot at Luck.

I'm in the 4-6 wins range myself.

Billieve it or not, since the Jets games are after the bye, my thought is that the Bills will be gelled enough to get their Offense rolling points-wise - where the Jets might not be able to keep up. Sanchez shouldn't scare the Bills and Brad Smith could have huge games against the Jets.

They averaged 23 ppg last year (we were 17.7) and had the league's best running game (by a wide margin), whereas we were worst at stopping the run.

They beat us in wek 1. We bet them by 3 in the rematch.

Last year at this time, the board was enraged with and scoffing at the national press who predicted 4 or fewer wins. Most argued that, with the new coaching staff, Spiller, etc., "there's no way we finish worse than with DJ." Now, of course, with just over half as many wins as DJ, the new staff was just "finding their way". And now--"No way we aren't better than last year".

"This crap tends to recirculate".

...And I'm sure they had a reasonable thought pattern that led them to believing we'd win more than the year before. They were wrong. Noted. However, in a discussion at this time of year which is based only on the prior year's performance and what we have now as opposed to then, the power-ranking argument is quite weak. In other words, I'm not saying my predictions will turn out to be correct, but from a logical reasoning standpoint, based on last year's performance and the latest additions/subtractions it's pretty unreasonable to say we're going to be worse this year.

Edited by BringBackFlutie