Gruden on MNF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a luxury signing on our part but the versatile player can do a lot of things and should help our team in more ways than one. I'm excited to see how Gailey will use him.

Also, by taking him away from our rival, it is one less chance to hurt us in those two games...and Brad Smith hurt us in last years games.

Bit of a luxury signing on our part but the versatile player can do a lot of things and should help our team in more ways than one. I'm excited to see how Gailey will use him.

If they use him sparingly, it's a luxury signing. If they use him to his full potential, he could be a huge weapon.

I like Smith, he gives the Bills another playmaker on offense but he isnt that big of a loss for the Jets

if the Bills signed their TE then yeah that would be a big loss

Edited by Max997

Went on quite a bit about how much the loss of a versatile player like Smith hurts the Jets. Our gain, devision rivals loss. Music to my ears :thumbsup:

OK, A. It's "division" rival

B. Why do you care what these ESPN jerk offs say? Most of these guys no nothing and the only reason you listen to them is because they are on TV.

The Bills are taking steps in the right direction, but here's the one thing they are missing: A franchise player!

Went on quite a bit about how much the loss of a versatile player like Smith hurts the Jets. Our gain, devision rivals loss. Music to my ears :thumbsup:

He's a BIG loss for the Jets because he filled a role as a great role player. Howevery to expect him to have that same affect with the current Bills is doubtful. It's why a guy like Tasker was perfect for the Bills early 1990 teams was important yet put him on the Colts of the early 1990s and he'd go un-noticed. RJSacked again brings up a great point of missing A franchise player. We can hope that Merriman regains that form and Dareus does and the same goes for Stevie Johnson and CJ Spiller. Yet I still don't think we like the horses on the O-line to get it done.

Edited by The Jokeman

He's a BIG loss for the Jets because he filled a role that was a luxury. Howevery to expect him to have that same affect with the Bills is doubtful. It's why a guy like Tasker was perfect for the Bills early 1990 teams was important yet put him on the Colts of the early 1990s and he'd go un-noticed.

I dunno, man. We got a good show from him and Gailey Saturday night. 3rd and short, boom, Smith in to run the Wild Bill and he picks up a 1st down.

Sustaining drives is top priority, and we picked up a guy who can directly help us do that.

I dunno, man. We got a good show from him and Gailey Saturday night. 3rd and short, boom, Smith in to run the Wild Bill and he picks up a 1st down.

Sustaining drives is top priority, and we picked up a guy who can directly help us do that.

Yay! a 1st down which helped lead to how many points? Call me jaded but guys like Brad Smith's aren't going to help the Bills win a division when rivals are getting guys like Chad Ochocinco on the same day. If anything the current CBA is starting to show how the NFL is becoming more of a have and have nots league. Notice the teams like the Patriots and Eagles remain toward the top whereas the Bills, Bengals and Raiders all haven't seemingly remain toward the bottom.

Edited by The Jokeman

B. Why do you care what these ESPN jerk offs say? Most of these guys no nothing and the only reason you listen to them is because they are on TV.

The Bills are taking steps in the right direction, but here's the one thing they are missing: A franchise player!

Seriously, dude? He can't spell "division", but apparently you can't spell "know".

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Rule number one for correcting the spelling of others is to not do it.

Rule number two is that if you decide to do it, to not make any spelling mistakes.

Technically I haven't violated rule number one.

Hopefully I haven't violated rule number two.

Know what I mean, Vern?

We have Kyle Williams, Marcel dareus and Shawne Merriman. One has proved to be a dominant, one looks to be dominant and the other looks like he did when he was a dominant player. Im not sure what a "franchise" player is, but I'd consider 1st team all pro at an important position as close as one can be. Williams got beat by bigger names last year, buy is all pro in my book. Watching dareus the other night, he looks to be better than Williams (big words i know....but did you see that guy out there? Wow!). If a franchise player is someone that single handedly takes a team to the playoffs, good luck finding one that isn't a qb, if at all.

Brad smith will be a big contributor to this team for the next 3 years at least. He'll do it it many ways. He is a big addition. Not a franchise player, but a player that will help a team make the playoffs (hopefully)