interesting article,

http://www.rotoworld...e-rankings?pg=3

30. Buffalo Bills (4)

LT: Demetrius Bell

LG: Andy Levitre

C: +Eric Wood

RG: *Kraig Urbik

RT: Mansfield Wrotto

""You can make a strong argument that this is the least talented line in football, but Chan Gailey's creative scheming keeps it from getting his quarterback killed. The entire right side is comprised of other teams' castoffs, and undersized Levitre is a big run-blocking liability. The Bills seem to think the world of Bell, but he's one of the worst left tackles in the NFL. Expect a carousel of starters at the positions currently manned by Urbik and Wrotto, and lots of quick outs from a noodle-armed quarterback. It's no surprise that deep threat Lee Evans is on the outs; they can't get him the ball. ""

Biggest beneficiary: Ryan Fitzpatrick. Short throws are his bread and butter.

Notice in the article that the author has the Eagles at #8 and states that Jason Peters is back to playing at an elite level

They will start caring about the accuracy of their reports when we start actually winning some games.......

- Levitre is far from a "liability anything" on this line

- Cant find a single camp goer that says Pears (and yeah they screwed that up in the report to) has been a liability at anything....he isnt a standout.....just doing his job quietly.

I saw a similar ranking from the Profootball Weekly [Fantasy football preview], who put us at 32. Granted, PFW was better before the Internet, but hey from the looks of the rotoworld geniuses, it's not like its competition is stiff.

At any rate, I was modestly heartened by the number of playoff bound teams with below average OLs; PIT (28), SEA (29) and CHI (31) all have terrible lines. I especially remember CHI being terrible that SNF game when they allowed 7 or so sacks in the first half (or maybe quarter even?).

Then again, unlike us, those three teams either play in craptacular divisions (SEA obvi, but even PIT and CHI had two easier teams in their respective divisions), have a solid defense and/or have a QB built like a tank. But here's hoping #2 comes true for the Bills this year!

Sounds about right, although Levitre isnt a liability persay but he isnt very good at power plays. More of a pulling G/better at zone blocking if you ask me. Bell has had great games (v the steelers alst year) and terrible ones (Bengals and Vikings last season). He is a finese player that is for sure. I would consider him the leagues best back up LT at this point.

They didnt mention our [complete lack of] depth. Thast going to kill us when we start getting banged up (happens to every team, ours about twice as often as average). When you consider our depth we are probably worse than 30th.

I saw a similar ranking from the Profootball Weekly [Fantasy football preview], who put us at 32. Granted, PFW was better before the Internet, but hey from the looks of the rotoworld geniuses, it's not like its competition is stiff.

At any rate, I was modestly heartened by the number of playoff bound teams with below average OLs; PIT (28), SEA (29) and CHI (31) all have terrible lines. I especially remember CHI being terrible that SNF game when they allowed 7 or so sacks in the first half (or maybe quarter even?).

Then again, unlike us, those three teams either play in craptacular divisions (SEA obvi, but even PIT and CHI had two easier teams in their respective divisions), have a solid defense and/or have a QB built like a tank. But here's hoping #2 comes true for the Bills this year!

SEA and CHI went out and improved their lines this offseason. Maybe the Steelers did too but im not sure. What did we do?

I think the grade is on point, other than the Levitre comment. Our line has 2 promising players (wood and Levitre), 2 players we hope are promising (bell and hairston)and a bunch of guys that have been cut by other teams with average lines. Hopefully gailey and fitz can hide their deficiencies again.

Sounds about right, although Levitre isnt a liability persay but he isnt very good at power plays. More of a pulling G/better at zone blocking if you ask me. Bell has had great games (v the steelers alst year) and terrible ones (Bengals and Vikings last season). He is a finese player that is for sure. I would consider him the leagues best back up LT at this point.

They didnt mention our [complete lack of] depth. Thast going to kill us when we start getting banged up (happens to every team, ours about twice as often as average). When you consider our depth we are probably worse than 30th.

Agree. Sounds about right but they missed a few points.

1. Bell - good backup LT indeed. Now that he is healthy maybe he gets better? If not expect a long season.

2. Levitre - he is not a power blocker but he is a very good player.

3. Wood - unproven at center but looks like a keeper.

4. Urbik - Urbik lovers amaze me as he has never really played. Huge question mark in my mind.

5. Wrotto or Pears? Either way it is not much but I hope and pray that Pears is a player because we already know that Wrotto is not.

Depth - Hangartner (C/G), Rheinhart (G), Howard (G/T), Wang and Hairston (T) --- scary, especially at OT.

Buddy Nix amazes me to essentially sit pat with last years line. Let the games begin.

Edited by Bob in STL

Sad to say but it pretty much sounds 100% on the money. Even the comments on Levitre. I think Wood is an up and coming player but I don't think Levitre is anything special at this point. I hope for better and credit Gailey and Fitz with minimizing the impact of such a bad line as a whole especially when you consider lack of depth. I'm optimistic that they will improve some but we have to be realistic and call it what it is. It's a 1st and 2nd rounder in their 3rd year and a bunch of late round draft picks, other teams cast offs, practice squad players and guys off the street.

Edited by PDaDdy

Agreed on all counts. Especially with bell. Bell isn't much more than a good back up right now. I didn't rag on him much last year because he showed improvement at quite a few times. But if he plays the same as he did last year, they really need to replace him. If he improves more over last year, I might just shrug it off.

Now right tackle...... now there is the obvious glaring issue that is going to have us banging our heads all season.

Look on the bright side. We might get someone who wasn't good enough to be another team's backup off waivers.

And they'll be pretty much better than anything Buffalo has if it's an OT. Then again, Buddy is the greatest OL dumpster diver there is and could build an offensive line out of matchsticks, tin foil, and playing cards if he had to.

interesting article,

http://www.rotoworld...e-rankings?pg=3

30. Buffalo Bills (4)

LT: Demetrius Bell

LG: Andy Levitre

C: +Eric Wood

RG: *Kraig Urbik

RT: Mansfield Wrotto

""You can make a strong argument that this is the least talented line in football, but Chan Gailey's creative scheming keeps it from getting his quarterback killed. The entire right side is comprised of other teams' castoffs, and undersized Levitre is a big run-blocking liability. The Bills seem to think the world of Bell, but he's one of the worst left tackles in the NFL. Expect a carousel of starters at the positions currently manned by Urbik and Wrotto, and lots of quick outs from a noodle-armed quarterback. It's no surprise that deep threat Lee Evans is on the outs; they can't get him the ball. ""

Biggest beneficiary: Ryan Fitzpatrick. Short throws are his bread and butter.

Notice in the article that the author has the Eagles at #8 and states that Jason Peters is back to playing at an elite level

obviously this guy is slanted against the Bills claiming that fitz is a bum and that Evans wanted out or that Levitre sucks. But our Tackles weak and Urbick better get it in gear. Hey at least we weren't ranked 32. Next years draft will be about the offense (line)

Agree. Sounds about right but they missed a few points.

1. Bell - good backup LT indeed. Now that he is healthy maybe he gets better? If not expect a long season.

2. Levitre - he is not a power blocker but he is a very good player.

3. Wood - unproven at center but looks like a keeper.

4. Urbik - Urbik lovers amaze me as he has never really played. Huge question mark in my mind.

5. Wrotto or Pears? Either way it is not much but I hope and pray that Pears is a player because we already know that Wrotto is not.

Depth - Hangartner (C/G), Rheinhart (G), Howard (G/T), Wang and Hairston (T) --- scary, especially at OT.

Buddy Nix amazes me to essentially sit pat with last years line. Let the games begin.

Hey you forgot OL Colin Brown.