Bills Camp

LGB

Yeah, camp has been great for the defense and before you think this defense is so improved, consider that fact that the Bills offense has regressed. yes, it means little if you have a boatload of QBs, WRs and RBs, but have little or no help at pass protection or run blocking.

How many years do we have to wait until the OL is addressed? ...trying to be optimistic, let’s see what happens in the next couple of practice games which will be soon upon us. Maybe it will not look like the Bills will once again need multiple QBs after they get the s#it beat out of them for yet another season.

Maybe it won't be sooo painfully obvious that LT is such a position of need again...after all, CHIX can't be that blind - right?

Edited by LGB

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, camp has been great for the defense and before you think this defense is so improved, consider that fact that the Bills offense has regressed. yes, it means little if you have a boatload of QBs, WRs and RBs, but have little or no help at pass protection or run blocking.

How many years do we have to wait until the OL is addressed? ...trying to be optimistic, let’s see what happens in the next couple of practice games which will be soon upon us. Maybe it will not look like the Bills will once again need multiple QBs after they get the s#it beat out of them for yet another season.

Maybe it won't be sooo painfully obvious that LT is such a position of need right again...after all CHIX can't be that blind - right?

How exactly has the offense regressed? That's the part I don't get. They return everyone from last year, literally everyone. So it's no worse is equal to last year barring injury. I understand it might not be any better but I fail to see where it got worse?

Maybe it won't be sooo painfully obvious that LT is such a position of need right again...after all CHIX can't be that blind - right?

The lockout is probably the biggest factor here. Yeah, Fitz and Co. worked together in the off-season, but it's nothing like training camp and live practices. Besides, defenses nearly always look good early on because defense really isn't as complex as calling offensive plays--generally, defenses can get away with just going full speed ahead at the QB.

By the way, where have you heard that the offense is looking all that bad? Everything I've seen/heard is that the Bills offense is looking explosive. The sky isn't falling yet, Chicken Little.

Please explain how they have regressed. The timing isn't completely there yet? We haven't even played a pre season game yet, and the lockout definitely delayed things a bit. The defense is getting more pressure? We upgraded our front 7, our d line is nastier and bigger and they now have a year under their belt with the 3-4 schemes and blitzes. How have we regressed?

you know the camp is often a show right. Strong d some days or parts of practice, then all the red zone touch downs. Its practice. lets see how we deal with the Bears : }

ps oT is an issue i agree

Edited by 3rdand12

Maybe it won't be sooo painfully obvious that LT is such a position of need again...after all, CHIX can't be that blind - right?

The offense is the same as last season, so while you could legitimately say stagnant, regressed seems illogical.

This team had gone downhill for 10 years to become the gigantic turd you saw last season. That took 10 years to create, it did not happen overnight. And getting the team back to respectability will also not happen overnight. You only get so many early draft picks per year, and Nix believes in building through the draft and only supplementing with FAs (which I happen to agree with). Frustration is natural in this case. But this, unfortunately, will require patience. And a little warning, don't expect much better this year in the W/L column. Next draft hopefully the offensive line will be addressed and the Bills will start to resemble a NFL team again.

Please explain how they have regressed. The timing isn't completely there yet? We haven't even played a pre season game yet, and the lockout definitely delayed things a bit. The defense is getting more pressure? We upgraded our front 7, our d line is nastier and bigger and they now have a year under their belt with the 3-4 schemes and blitzes. How have we regressed?

To say the offense has regressed is incredibly premature.

I definitely wouldn't say the offense as a whole has regressed, for the most part it looks improved in many ways...Except for the O-line. You might have a case that it regressed. This has been discussed plenty, but outside of Bell (backup on other teams) Levitre (decent) and Wood (pretty good) I'm not sure that we have anyone that would even make another roster (for instance, Pears and Ubrik, two penciled in starters, haven't been able to stick with any other team even as a backup). They were not starters last year, so this in theory could be used to make the case that they regressed. Bell is serviceable at best, when healthy of course.

I would say that RB's look fine, TE (Chandler) and WR look better, as well as QB depth (Thigpen/Smith). We will need it with that O-line...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

The title of your thread is "obvious observations" and you proceed to make one that is anything but.

Also nice to see yet another thread asking about the OL.

Does anybody bother to read the board?

What's a board?

Sorry, can't help myself...

board

(bôrd, brd)

n.

1. A long flat slab of sawed lumber; a plank.

2. A flat piece of wood or similarly rigid material adapted for a special use.

3. Games A flat surface on which a game is played.

4. The hard cover of a book.

5. boards A theater stage.

a. A table, especially one set for serving food.

b. Food or meals considered as a whole: board and lodging.

7. A table at which official meetings are held; a council table.

8. An organized body of administrators or investigators: a board of trustees; a board of directors.

9. An electrical-equipment panel.

10. Computer Science A circuit board.

11. Sports

a. A scoreboard.

b. A tote board.

c. boards The wooden structure enclosing an ice hockey rink.

d. A diving board.

e. A surfboard.

f. A snowboard.

12. Basketball

a. A backboard.

b. A rebound.

13. Nautical

a. The side of a ship.

b. A leeboard.

c. A centerboard.

14. Obsolete A border or an edge.

15. A usually large, vertically positioned flat surface used for writing or posting, especially:

a. A blackboard.

b. A bulletin board.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

How many years do we have to wait until the OL is addressed?

I like to think that Nix and Gailey are not as stupid as we like to assume they are. Granted they probably don't have the years of EA Madden Football 200X under their belts, but considering they both have long tenures in the NFL they must know at least a little. Also, as much as we think of the Bills being in an 0-11 playoff streak, Nix and Gailey only missed one year. To blame them for the other ten is stupid.

That said, Nix did address the O-line last year with Cornell Green. I don't think I have to tell you how that worked out. This year, my guess is Nix went after the one guy in free agency that he felt was a can't-miss player: Clabo. After not getting him, for whatever reason, maybe Nix felt every other free agent tackle was another potential Cornell Green, and if you don't believe a guy is going to work out, why pay him a crapload of money? Like they say in ads for investing..."past results do not guarantee future outcomes." And as sure as we tend to get that the 3-time pro bowl tackle who just got cut is a no-brainer, maybe...just maybe that guy was cut for a reason, like he ain't no pro bowler no more.

And no...player X with a bum knee is NOT better than anyone we have now. That statement is the ultimate in ignorance.

PTR

I get what your saying, you wanna see a quality Tackel brought in some way by drafting or a free agent/ trade whatever..i feel the same, however this is the exact same line Minus Cornell Green at RT that played last year.. I will say Pears looks much better than Green at RT.. Wood should be as good or better than Hangartner at Center, and Urbik should be a Levitrie 2.0 ...Bell will have another year under his belt at LT and should be better...So to sum it up we should be as good, or slightly better than last year, and we all liked the offense for the most part last year...I think we will draft a RT in the early rounds 1 or 2, and a LT in rounds 3 or 4..If nothing more than for depth..