WR Buster Davis signs with Bills

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorta reminds me of the Chad Jackson signing last season. High pick didnt work out with the original team, give him a look and see what you got. If he sucks cut him, no biggie

I liked Chad last year. I was hoping he was going to make it. I thought he looked good in preseason.

Chan: Well, sir, it's at wide receiver.

I would tend to disagree on this. Our best position is DB IMHO. We got a lot of guys who are pretty good at WR, but I wouldn't say we're necessarily strong there as opposed to what other teams have.

What is wrong with all you people? I hate losing as much as anybody else. No the guy is not a RT or LB which we need. Apart from Clabo there was no one really worth going after? Should we blow the bank on a part time RT or LB. Have faith in Buddy trying to build through the draft. We have got rid of some of our bad choices in the draft under previous adminstration such as Whitner and Poz. Yes it will take time and probably too much time for even my liking. I like the players we have drafted the last 2 years. Everyone is expecting miracles. But I like what I see with Chan. No it's not a big agent free signing. But Davis is a depth pick at best. Not going to cost the earth. No harm in seeing what he has to offer.

He signed. I guess he competes for the 5th or 6th receiver spot.

Also Braylon Edwards to SF one year 3.5 million.

Stevie Johnson, Evans, Parrish, D. Nelson, Donald Jones, Naman Roosevelt, Easley, Huggins. I'd say 6th at best, when they may only keep 5.

I'd rather they signed Flozell Adams or Bryant McKinnie. At least then they'd show they were addressing a position of need instead of the deepest position.

Meh. All teams bring in guys to compete during training camp and se eif something happens. Not really a big deal.

Yeah, there's no reason to get angry over this signing at all. Dude has huge upside and at the very worst his presence should push the back end of our WR corps- Nelson, Jones, Roosevelt to have great camps.

In order to compete with the big boys in the AFC East the Bills have to get better players. As important as your starting 22 are, your depth guys are just as important. Winning teams are deep teams. So if you bring in a guy at a given position, and he is better than the last guy on your depth chart from the last game you played, then you have improved your team. If Davis is better tha Roosevelt, or whoever the staff deemed as their last WR, great. We have better depth.

Marcus Easley replacement?

He has been hurt more than Easley has? Is there an unwritten rule here that the only players they can bring is are ones the Buddy Nix had a hand in drafting in San Diego? Someone said "former first round pick-why not?". Well, lets bring in Tim Couch then, he was a first round pick. Heck, J.P. Losman was a first round pick, bring him in. A bust is a bust no matter what round he was picked in.

"He has been hurt more than Easley has? Is there an unwritten rule here that the only players they can bring is are ones the Buddy Nix had a hand in drafting in San Diego? Someone said "former first round pick-why not?". Well, lets bring in Tim Couch then, he was a first round pick. Heck, J.P. Losman was a first round pick, bring him in. A bust is a bust no matter what round he was picked in."

If that's true, why are we so enamored with Tyson Clabo - he was ubdrafted, cut by both the Broncos ad Giants and then played 5 years of average football with Atlanta?

Why?

I guess I don't understand questions like this....Is the Bills current roster of WRs that amazing and dominant that we don't need to improve it?

Yes Stevie Johnson had ONE good year so far.

Lee Evans hasn't performed well in several years.

Roscoe Impresses for about 1 game a year before he gets hurt

Marcus Easley's career could be over before it starts...

Brad Smith? He's done nothing at receiver yet.

I like David Nelson, but he hasn't proven much yet.

This is simply management taking a guy with potential, on the cheap, as depth. I'm all for it. He looked decent with SD last year.

I'll say it again.

He's a camp body.

The team needs enough bodies at wide receiver to run patterns so the wideouts don't start dropping like flies due to over-practicing.

The Bills cut a DB yesterday due to his injury. Look for the Bills to sign a DB.

You have to have enough bodies… especially at the running positions.

Wow, this place is starting to get unbearable. Where have all the intelligent people gone? I am not saying I am one of them but I enjoyed reading their posts.

I just hope its the lack of football we experienced during the lock out that is making people spew non sense. Yeah , yeah I know it's a message board if you don't like it leave, blah...blah...blah....

Its a WR added to make the roster complete and see if he has anything left. Why does the FO constantly get bashed. The first poster said it best "meh"

My thoughts exactly.

I'll say it again.

He's a camp body.

The team needs enough bodies at wide receiver to run patterns so the wideouts don't start dropping like flies due to over-practicing.

The Bills cut a DB yesterday due to his injury. Look for the Bills to sign a DB.

Stop making sense Sir.....

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

I'll say it again.

He's a camp body.

I agree with this. Although I love all the homer comments about improving the #6 receiver spot, and bringing in Davis to ensure that Huggins and Roosevelt have great camps. No need to worry about upgrading the #1-#4 OT spots, we've gotta improve that #6 WR spot. Gotta make sure there's someone to push Felton Huggins, but we'll just hand Bell and Pears their starting jobs with no competition. Guys, if your logic is right, it makes the Bills look dumber, not smarter. You mean to tell me there's no OT out there who could beat out Chad Rinehart, Mansfield Wrotto, or Ed Wang? No one who could at least provide Bell or Pears a little competition for the starting job, even if he doesn't win it? Our most proven OT was a waiver-wire pickup last year.

The Bills aren't trying to upgrade their roster so much as trying to run full practices.

I guess I don't understand questions like this....Is the Bills current roster of WRs that amazing and dominant that we don't need to improve it?

Yes Stevie Johnson had ONE good year so far.

Lee Evans hasn't performed well in several years.

Roscoe Impresses for about 1 game a year before he gets hurt

Marcus Easley's career could be over before it starts...

Brad Smith? He's done nothing at receiver yet.

I like David Nelson, but he hasn't proven much yet.

This is simply management taking a guy with potential, on the cheap, as depth. I'm all for it. He looked decent with SD last year.

We should just cut all of our WRs and start over since they're flash in the pans, past their prime, injury prone and totally unproven. Fitz has no one to throw to. :rolleyes:

We should be focusing elsewhere and not on bringing in guys for the San Diego East reunion.

I finally found a reason that makes sense to me. Someone elsewhere suggested that maybe Gailey wants to implement and practice the spread offense that he will sometimes use in the games, and have Thigpen and Brad Smith practice with the twos the way Fitz does with the ones. The ones have the outside long threat (Evans), the route runner (Stevie) the fast shifty slot guy (Roscoe) and the tall target split the seams guy (D Nelson). Running with the twos, would be the outside long threat (D Jones although not a true burner or Easley when healthy), the possession guy (Naaman), the tall target split the seams guy (Huggins ) and Davis plays the fast shifty slot guy. He is not small like Roscoe but he is very quick and was brought into the league to be a slot guy IIRC.That makes some sense to get Tyler and Smith up to speed.

And if he shows why he was a #1 pick, and gets over the injury bug, all the better. I do see him as a Chad Jackson redux who likely doesn't make the final roster unless there are significant injuries.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog