UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

1. So what if your premise is wrong? What if the speed of light somehow increases in ultra-low gravity environments that we are incapable of testing or have not yet tested? People say that manned space capsules operate in "zero gravity," but anybody who took basic Newtonian mechanics knows that's wrong - - gravitational forces are just extremely low - - not zero.

What if the laws of physics that apply in even lower gravitational fields haven't been discovered yet? There are certainly changes in the characteristics of materials that change drastically when those materials are cooled near zero degrees Kelvin. What if something analogous happens in ultra-low gravitational fields (just in the sense of drastic changes compared to what happens at more "normal" temperatures)?

BTW, how do you know how far man's deep space probes have traveled? Aren't you just extrapolating what you presume to be the speed of light under the street lamp in our solar system's gravitational field (where you can hope to find the keys you dropped) to deep space conditions? Maybe our probes sped up and traveled much farther, and everybody just assumes that we can still calculate the distance they've traveled by how long it takes radio communications to travel back and forth to any given probe.

Find the notion heretical to current thinking about the speed of light as an absolute "speed" limit? There was a time when prevailing scientific thought branded the idea that the earth revolved around the sun as heretical.

Maybe there's more yet to be discovered about the "laws" of the universe than you think.

There's not a lot here worth responding to. Having said that, you got it slightly wrong. There was once a time when prevailing HUMAN THOUGHT or should I say CATHOLIC DOGMA branded the idea that the earth revolved around the sun as heretical.

The scientists of that era (and long before actually) disagreed. I assume you are making some type of reference to Galileo.

However, yes of course, our understanding of physics and the universe is constantly changing and sure, we don't have it all figured out yet. That's obvious. But for now, I refuse to accept a "magic wand" principle when it comes to this sort of debate.

Until you can show me how space travel faster than light is feasible, at least mathematically, I will assume it is not. I am working with the equations of Einstein, not the conjecture of "I can sleep when I'm dead."

Sorry.

So how's that barista job working out for you?

I am not a mathematics major, if that is what you are implying. No offense sir, but you come across like a fool.

Edited by Stopthepain

Are you an idiot, or trying to make a joke?

Not sure which one.

I can form a compelling argument for each approach based on your cumulative posts I've actually read.

Lighten up Francis. This is OTW, a place to come and relax. If this topic is that important to you then you're discussing it in the wrong forum.

Please note the distinction between "life" and "life which has the ability to travel 100 million light years in a human life time" or similar.

I have said that the universe is likely teeming with life. I didn't say it's full of human intelligence level life, or greater...

It might mostly be microbial in nature. Who knows? Not you, that is for sure.

And based on these comments, I think it's save to say you don't possess a post-graduate degree in mathematics.

Fair enough.

I already said that I find it less likely for life to just pop up from nothing than I find it for intelligent life to pop up from a planet with "regular life". And nobody has to travel all of that distance for us to discover they exist. They'd just have to send a signal or a probe or anything. But in an almost infinite amount of time from an almost infinite amount of supposed sources.........nothing. That is about as close as it can possibly get to proving a negative. Sorry if it burst your bubble but we're it. We have tools that can help us master more and more of our universe and math is certainly one of them. Ignoring math will not be helpful.

Until you can show me how billions of societies can develop for billions of years without sending a single detectable piece of evidence is feasible, at least mathematically, I will assume it is not. I am working with the equations of Einstein, not the conjecture of "Stopthepain."

Sorry.

I have summarized my argument by paraphrasing your words.

There's not a lot here worth responding to. Having said that, you got it slightly wrong. There was once a time when prevailing HUMAN THOUGHT or should I say CATHOLIC DOGMA branded the idea that the earth revolved around the sun as heretical. . . .

As I suspected. Would anyone (anything?) but an alien make reference to "prevailing HUMAN THOUGHT?" If you were human, you would have simply said "prevailing thought."

Only aliens have non-human thoughts.

Has your society been monitoring us since before the time of Galileo?

Hope your vaccinations are current.

Ribbit. Ribbit.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Pat Robertson adds his insight into our topic. According to Gods salesman, aliens can't exist because God wouldn't allow them to. Hard to argue with that logic, if only he had 4merper4mer's equations to make his case more concretely!

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/25/pat_robertson_to_nasa_dont_explore_mars_earth_is_gods_experiment_with_life/

Edited by GreggyT

Pat Robertson adds his insight into our topic. According to Gods salesman, aliens can't exist because God wouldn't allow them to. Hard to argue with that logic, if only he had 4merper4mer's equations to make his case more concretely!

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/25/pat_robertson_to_nasa_dont_explore_mars_earth_is_gods_experiment_with_life/

It's got nothing to do with the big man really. Whether a person believes in him or not has nothing to do with it. Without reading your link it looks like Robertson got the right answer for the wrong reason.....not the first time this has happened to him.

You know my opinions on the big man especially given my unfettered GvG access, but even without him math is just math.

Pat Robertson says aliens are impossible because God just wouldn’t allow it

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg... Hey Pat tell that to the Mormans

LAMP I worked on the design for NASA's Dawn spacecraft that is approaching Ceres (ahead of a March 6 rendezvous)

http://mashable.com/2015/02/25/strange-lights-dwarf-planet-ceres/

PIA19185_ip.jpgpia19168.gif

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The Red Baron's UFO Dogfight: Snoopy would be proud

No human pilot could match his skills in the air - and apparently neither could aliens.

He supposedly spotted an UFO that looked like an upside down silver saucer with orange lights during an early morning mission in the clear blue skies above Belgium in the spring of 1917.

Fellow German Air Force ace Peter Waitzrick, who reportedly witnessed the dogfight, said: “We were terrified because we’d never seen anything like it before. The Baron immediately opened fire and the thing went down like a rock, shearing off tree limbs as it crashed into the woods.”

Two occupants allegedly survived the crash and clambered from the wreck before running into the trees.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ufos-red-baron-shot-down-5219834

I worked for 3 - 4 months in the Miraflores district of Lima Peru on the mid 90's

I wonder if anyone followed up on this? If this object showed up on any radar and so on. Pretty good footage.

Edited by Dante