UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

I heard an interesting theory the other day. Maybe it's something googlebot can dig into and find us some answers. Essentially the theory goes that intelligent life on Earth is far older than academia would have us believe, that there was in fact an older and possibly even more advanced civilization living on Earth before we came along. According to this theory, their technology was entirely different than our own. The tech they developed was largely based on sound waves whereas our civilization's tech is largely mechanical in nature. After a massive cataclysm (specifically a massive impact in the icepack of North America) wiped the older civilization from existence, their technology was lost and rendered entirely unrecognizable to us today. All that was left behind -- besides remnants of this tale in nearly every ancient culture's ancient traditions -- were the ruins that academia has mistaken for years as either early Egyptian or early Meso-American rather than what they truly are: artifacts from the planet's previous inhabitants.

Whether you buy into that theory or not (I find it interesting speculation at the very least), it does highlight a giant misconception in your logic. It's folly to presume that every intelligent species or civilization will develop identical technologies. There's no reason to believe that every civilization out there would need, or even discover, radio waves let alone invent ways to amplify and broadcast them across the cosmos. The absence of radio signals or interstellar messages from our neighbors isn't proof that we're alone.

I find it hard to believe that a civilization capable of harnessing sound waves was destroyed so utterly. Is there a time-line on this theory? Did a civilization that harnessed sound waves really utilize that kind of break through to put together stone pyramids? I'm just thinking out loud here.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think that technology must evolve along the same basic guidelines. Not exact in form, but close enough. Any organism that develops, in our world or across the galaxy, will use a long, thin, or sharp object as a tool. To do things their body cannot. If there's a limit to what evolution can create in terms of the "perfect organism" (meaning that a super organism who can operate a vehicle with his mind, or make a noise that drives an engine is not feasible in an evolutionary sense) means that there's a limit to what can be developed as technology.

I suppose I may not be open to wilder ideas, but the thought that other organisms may just skip or not use things like fire, projectiles, water currents and other first "technologies," seems farfetched.

I find it hard to believe that a civilization capable of harnessing sound waves was destroyed so utterly. Is there a time-line on this theory? Did a civilization that harnessed sound waves really utilize that kind of break through to put together stone pyramids? I'm just thinking out loud here.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think that technology must evolve along the same basic guidelines. Not exact in form, but close enough. Any organism that develops, in our world or across the galaxy, will use a long, thin, or sharp object as a tool. To do things their body cannot. If there's a limit to what evolution can create in terms of the "perfect organism" (meaning that a super organism who can operate a vehicle with his mind, or make a noise that drives an engine is not feasible in an evolutionary sense) means that there's a limit to what can be developed as technology.

I suppose I may not be open to wilder ideas, but the thought that other organisms may just skip or not use things like fire, projectiles, water currents and other first "technologies," seems farfetched.

I can find out more details for you, I came across it in my research for fictional purposes so I didn't care about verifying any of it. I just have to find where I put the book. But the pyramids and the sphinx (specifically the water erosion marks on it discovered in the 60s) play a part, essentially that the technological oddities associated with the construction of other ancient sites (the most recent being the one in Turkey discovered in 2010 that dates to 10,000 years before the pyramids) can be explained if the builders knew how to manipulate matter in a way we currently do not. In this case, this specific theory, it isn't based at all in ET interference, more in a presumed misunderstanding of our planet's history. The author described us as a species with amnesia and ties it all into the great flood myths of most ancient cultures.

It also ties in giants. So... take that into consideration as well. :lol:

About a million reasons this makes no sense........one is it relies on ZERO other species using radio signals........as for the pyramid......did the giant rock pyramid people steal a pharaoh from the future and stuff him in the bottom of the pyramid wrapped in cloth and gold?

About a million reasons this makes no sense........one is it relies on ZERO other species using radio signals........as for the pyramid......did the giant rock pyramid people steal a pharaoh from the future and stuff him in the bottom of the pyramid wrapped in cloth and gold?

I assume the theory says that the sound people had their artifacts and ruins coopted by civilizations. One day, Ramses said, "yeah, that's my tomb now."

I assume the theory says that the sound people had their artifacts and ruins coopted by civilizations. One day, Ramses said, "yeah, that's my tomb now."

That's the gist of it. The great flood (caused by a massive impact of a comet or meteor in the North American ice pack -- which is why there's never been a crater found, because it melted the ice and caused massive flooding along all the coasts) wiped out the existing population save for a few homo sapiens (the Noah/Atlantis myths in various forms throughout world cultures) who then repopulated the Earth once the environment calmed down, taking over ancient sites such as the Pyramids et al.

aren't you two cute. Do you two spoon at night?

You obviously missed the reference in the post before mine the Noah/Atlantis myths in various

calculate this -

Life on other planets can = microorganisms.. Would you expect a microorganism capable of radio transmissions.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You obviously missed the reference in the post before mine the Noah/Atlantis myths in various

calculate this -

Life on other planets can = microorganisms.. Would you expect a microorganism capable of radio transmissions.

So you believe Fi is zero instead of Fl? I'm cool with that.

FYI this exact ground is being covered for the second time; both times being brought up by you. On a related note, pot trashes your short term memory.

Edit: I found the Noah's arc thing and the blurb about "in various forms". Of course it wasn't two by two in all of the various forms but whatever. Of course the blurb was attached to the theory that a bunch a rocks formed into a triangle means some super society got completely eradicated by a big tsunami while moron cave men survived. You might understand why I glossed over that one just a bit.

Edited by 4merper4mer

So you believe Fi is zero instead of Fl? I'm cool with that.

FYI this ground is being covered for the second time; both times being brought up by you. On a related note, pot trashes your short term memory.

Can we find any middle ground for you two? For instance, maybe there is life on other planets, but it's unintelligent life...just single celled organisms that have no nucleus or brain function? Call it FergyStar348

Can we find any middle ground for you two? For instance, maybe there is life on other planets, but it's unintelligent life...just single celled organisms that have no nucleus or brain function? Call it FergyStar348

I apologize Fergy for falling for the PPP type retorts.

I have been ignoring over 3/4 of his stuff.

Dude math has no middle ground. I am demonstrating that 2+2=4. 4-Ever is stomping his feet because he wants it to equal 8. Now you're asking that we agree that it equals 6. Here's the thing: I could say it equals 6 just to end the discussion, but that doesn't mean it actually equals 6. It equals 4. And 4 means that there are simply no alien signals out there to be found.

calculate this -

fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)

That's what you said. Microorganisms don't fit the bill.

Obama comes out and admits the truth... on Kimmel.

He has to do stuff like that. I don't like how they all leave it like it is some sort of open question instead of discussing the simple math. I know it is over some people's heads but most people would understand it.

Anyway, I guess there could be some element of people that would freak out when realizing we are alone in the universe, and others would freak out if he lied and said there are in fact aliens, so leaving it all a mystery is seen as the right way to go. i disagree because I think the initial freakout would subside and people would realize that the universe is ours for the taking. We are still a long way from getting there but we have time.

Anyway, there is a deeper explanation about the lack of radio signals and other things that NOBODY wants to hear. I have only been starting with the basics here hoping some would figure it out. So far, bupkus. Spoiler alert: It does not involve aliens existing in our universe.