UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

54 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

To Next:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Kaku is a charlatan

4. See 3

5. I’m sure he’s smart but being a charlatan is where the $$$$$$$$$$$ are.

To RTH:

They’re either wrong, embellishing or lying but everyone has to make a buck.

Not embellishing.  It was in winter.  There was only 4 other visitors there.  The lady I mentioned gave us her mini science experiment lecture in a lecture room - usually for kids.  Told us all about herself.  This is a hidden gem and people should go.  There's a railroad ride in the summer that goes near it.  On my bucket list

https://greenbankobservatory.org

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Not embellishing.  It was in winter.  There was only 4 other visitors there.  The lady I mentioned gave us her mini science experiment lecture in a lecture room - usually for kids.  Told us all about herself.  This is a hidden gem and people should go.  There's a railroad ride in the summer that goes near it.  On my bucket list

https://greenbankobservatory.org

I don’t doubt it’s a great place.  If they’re making claims about aliens, they’re embellishing.  If they’re simply talking about the cosmos it indeed sounds like a great place.

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Their primary mission is to find evidence of alien life.

Ofer so far huh?

Let me guess at some names that were mentioned on the tour:  Drake, Sagan

A name that might have been mentioned: Fermi

Names that definitely were not mentioned:  Ward, Brownlee, Von Neumann.

Accurate?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ofer so far huh?

Let me guess at some names that were mentioned on the tour:  Drake, Sagan

A name that might have been mentioned: Fermi

Names that definitely were not mentioned:  Ward, Brownlee, Von Neumann.

Accurate?

Carl Sagan was mentioned a billion times or more.  Dude, you have got to visit this place.  You can discuss it openly with these very cool folks...They didn't mention Fermi but I loved how he was portrayed in Oppenheimer.

Edited by redtail hawk

For anyone who is seriously interested in this topic I'd highly recommend the UFO Rabbit Hole podcast (by Kelly Chase) - it's a great starting point examining lots of different theories and possibilities of what could be going on - she raises lots of topics that sound pretty crazy, and in a lot of cases will also point out where evidence is deeply flawed or lacking, so it's not like she's advocating for most of those theories, just explaining why people might think it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

For anyone who is seriously interested in this topic I'd highly recommend the UFO Rabbit Hole podcast (by Kelly Chase) - it's a great starting point examining lots of different theories and possibilities of what could be going on - she raises lots of topics that sound pretty crazy, and in a lot of cases will also point out where evidence is deeply flawed or lacking, so it's not like she's advocating for most of those theories, just explaining why people might think it.

I will definitely check out the UFO Rabbit Hole podcast!  

There are a TON of great podcasts out there now on Youtube (and elsewhere) going into theoretical physics, cosmology, UFOs, and so on.

I basically don't watch TV anymore except for live sporting events.

A few that I keep an eye on are and find pretty consistently great:

Theories of everything with Curt Jaimungal

Lex Fridman Podcast

Merged Podcast (with former F/A-18 pilot Ryan Graves)

Koncrete Podcast

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2023 at 11:15 AM, Captain Caveman said:

I've never heard of that one so I don't know who that is, but will check it out sometime.....

Just wanted to mention another one that's VERY interesting that you probably are already familiar with, but I'd suggest one that really needs to be seen is Dr. Steven Greer "Unacknowledged". 

That one in particular has quite a bit of information that gets your full attention and will always remember. 

On 8/1/2023 at 8:15 AM, Captain Caveman said:

Love it.

So many kooky attention seekers in the UFO community give it a bad vibe.

Now that the topic has become more legitimate, more credible people are comfortable talking about it. But I'm sure that's only going to make the kooks more crazy as they try to grab back the attention.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any updates on this?

It may be common knowledge among the Objeto Volador No Identificado literate, but I didn't know about Amupac, the underwater alien base protecting two Mexican cities from hurricanes, until I read this today:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkmed/mexico-underwater-aliens-amupac

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This guy does a pretty good job.  It's a lot of math....easy to understand but may make some people here sad......he leaves out a few things at the end to allow for some faith/hope to remain even though he could have stomped it out if he really used all the facts.

Let’s start with the title, “Why we MIGHT be alone.” Then he goes on to explain how we don’t have enough information to make many conclusions because…..we don’t know. I don’t think this is as convincing as you seem to think it is. He says it’s OK to say “I don’t know what’s out there”, but you seem to take that as proof that there is nothing out there. That sounds like some of that bias he was warning against. 

Thank you for supporting the thoughts of many with this clip. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

Let’s start with the title, “Why we MIGHT be alone.” Then he goes on to explain how we don’t have enough information to make many conclusions because…..we don’t know. I don’t think this is as convincing as you seem to think it is. He says it’s OK to say “I don’t know what’s out there”, but you seem to take that as proof that there is nothing out there. That sounds like some of that bias he was warning against. 

Thank you for supporting the thoughts of many with this clip. 

Lol nope.  What he says is all available evidence points to us being alone.  He also points out  that all available evidence is not the same thing as complete evidence.  That is fine.  It is very clear that the charlatans from the beginning of his video like Nye, Tyson, Sagan, and others choose not to use math so that they can rake in the $$$$$$$$.  He points out numerous fallacies of the charlatans and wishful thinkers using bad math.

He’s a bit deferential at the end but leaves out a lot that we should be seeing if aliens were there but we don’t.  He basically covers 95% of it and gets less aggressive with 4.99999% that points in the same direction while acknowledging the .00001% that is truly unknown.  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol nope.  What he says is all available evidence points to us being alone.  He also points out  that all available evidence is not the same thing as complete evidence.  That is fine.  It is very clear that the charlatans from the beginning of his video like Nye, Tyson, Sagan, and others choose not to use math so that they can rake in the $$$$$$$$.  He points out numerous fallacies of the charlatans and wishful thinkers using bad math.

He’s a bit deferential at the end but leaves out a lot that we should be seeing if aliens were there but we don’t.  He basically covers 95% of it and gets less aggressive with 4.99999% that points in the same direction while acknowledging the .00001% that is truly unknown.  

If you think .00001% is the unknown, I don’t know how to help you. That is closer to what we DO know! We don’t even know much about our own oceans, forget the rest of the universe and laws of physics. Most of the universe is dark energy and dark matter, and we don’t even know what that is. You flatter our knowledge as a species, greatly. I say we know very close to squat and there are things we cannot even imagine all around us. 

• Like (+1) 1