UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

^^ case in point ^^

😄

Just do yourself a favor and think through some of the stuff you say in here.  Hint: Use things like logic, the speed of light and individuality when you think about what you’re saying.  If you’re honest with yourself you’ll eliminate saying things that are not possible.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Just do yourself a favor and think through some of the stuff you say in here.  Hint: Use things like logic, the speed of light and individuality when you think about what you’re saying.  If you’re honest with yourself you’ll eliminate saying things that are not possible.

the-office-michael-scott.gif

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's "your," not "you're."

Congrats on joining autocorrect in a gotcha moment.  It’s pretty clear if you read the entire post that I know proper usage.  Obviously I don’t recall every keystroke I make but I can assure you I did not type that apostrophe.  Feel free to keep scouring because I may miss something else or possibly even make a mistake.

It’s still unclear if you’re even willing to try to think for yourself.

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Congrats on joining autocorrect in a gotcha moment.  It’s pretty clear if you read the entire post that I know proper usage.  Obviously I don’t recall every keystroke I make but I can assure you I did not type that apostrophe.  Feel free to keep scouring because I may miss something else or possibly even make a mistake.

It’s still unclear if you’re even willing to try to think for yourself.

Nothing else in your posts interests me. The idea of extraterrestrial life is such a touchy, offensive subject for you, it's not worth anyone's time to converse with you in this thread.

• Agree 3

53 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Nothing else in your posts interests me. The idea of extraterrestrial life is such a touchy, offensive subject for you, it's not worth anyone's time to converse with you in this thread.

The topic has never been offensive to me.  Why would it be?  Silly?  Sure; because if someone uses critical thinking they could at the very least have a more informed conversation and we’d talk a lot less about non existent things.  There are so many interesting topics to be discussed about the cosmos.  

But offensive?  Not at all.  If I ever implied you’ve offended me I either worded something poorly or you misinterpreted what I wrote.  I’ve not been offended.  

Thought provoking article that discusses various takes on the Fermi Paradox, including how mainstream thought about such things has changed over time:

https://www.space.com/25325-fermi-paradox.html#section-what-could-the-answer-be

Pretty much everybody mentioned in the article WANTS to believe that we are not alone, so they continue to make the fundamental but totally unproven assumption that if you just have the right mix of atmosphere, temperature, materials (e.g., carbon and water), pressure, etc., life will magically form.  So why can't we make that happen in the lab here on earth?  That's a weakness in all the proposed explanations for the Fermi Paradox by educated people who WANT to conclude that we are not alone.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The topic has never been offensive to me.  Why would it be?  Silly?  Sure; because if someone uses critical thinking they could at the very least have a more informed conversation and we’d talk a lot less about non existent things.  There are so many interesting topics to be discussed about the cosmos.  

But offensive?  Not at all.  If I ever implied you’ve offended me I either worded something poorly or you misinterpreted what I wrote.  I’ve not been offended.  

People who are offended often get offensive. This is you to a T.

Treat people better in the thread, then. Don't get so emotional.

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

People who are offended often get offensive. This is you to a T.

Treat people better in the thread, then. Don't get so emotional.

First I’m offended…. But not really….now I’m offensive and emotional???  I’m truly sorry if I’ve offended you.  I can assure you that I’m not emotional.  For Pete’s sake math is about as unemotional as it gets and all I asked is that you think things through.

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

First I’m offended…. But not really….now I’m offensive and emotional???  I’m truly sorry if I’ve offended you.  I can assure you that I’m not emotional.  For Pete’s sake math is about as unemotional as it gets and all I asked is that you think things through.

Math should be unemotional. It should be. I agree.

So practice what you preach.

44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You really need to get a grip on the math thing based upon nothing but wild assumptions without a whit of actual knowledge. Explain dark matter to me, then tell me about math. You will be the first. 

Hard to prove there is something else out there. FAR harder to prove there is not

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

You really need to get a grip on the math thing based upon nothing but wild assumptions without a whit of actual knowledge. Explain dark matter to me, then tell me about math. You will be the first. 

Hard to prove there is something else out there. FAR harder to prove there is not

Don't get get him all worked up. He needs to calm down.

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

What?

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Quiz:

Why is there almost certainly no life of any kind in elliptical galaxies?

1.  Because our galaxy, the Milky Way, is a spiral galaxy, not an elliptical galaxy, and earthlings have no evidence that life exists elsewhere in the universe.

2.  For those who don't accept #1 as a sufficient answer, see the discussion of "sterilization" radiation effects in elliptical galaxies at:

https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/494/2/3048/5819448

7 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

1.  Because our galaxy, the Milky Way, is a spiral galaxy, not an elliptical galaxy, and earthlings have no evidence that life exists elsewhere in the universe.

2.  For those who don't accept #1 as a sufficient answer, see the discussion of "sterilization" radiation effects in elliptical galaxies at:

https://academic.oup.com/mnras/article/494/2/3048/5819448

1. Huh?

2. Not really correct because there is nothing to sterilize.  Why?