UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I should probably clarify that I didn’t mean it in that context but in the context of them being 20 seconds more advanced technologically. When we consider the space time continuum, 20 seconds can be an eternity. 

yep, that too. no worries though, the former performer won't get either. 

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

So think back to high school physics.

f=ma.  Force equals mass times acceleration

But that only works in a vacuum.  After the basic principle is taught, students are taught to factor in a coefficient for friction, wind resistance, electrical resistance in a conductor, etc

Your mathematical philosophy has neglected one of the most crucial factors of our modern world...

The Troll factor

You sure about that hoss? ?

Yeah, it has been :lol:

Yup, very sure. And this is even better. I'm loving every bit of this. ?

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I should probably clarify that I didn’t mean it in that context but in the context of them being 20 seconds more advanced technologically. When we consider the space time continuum, 20 seconds can be an eternity. 

And if you're ever seen Futureman, you know how much damage a mere 11 seconds can do to the Universe

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yep, that too. no worries though, the former performer won't get either. 

My post was a joke and I think he got it. 

In terms of the actual discussion, I’m more inclined to believe the skeptics as I share their doubt that alien civilizations exist and have visited us. There is simply no empirical evidence that I’m aware of. Thousands of conspiracy and other theories, but nothing substantive. 

As vast as the universe is and as plentiful as the the matter is that occupies it, it’s mostly full of space. Infinitely more nothing than something. 

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

And if you're ever seen Futureman, you know how much damage a mere 11 seconds can do to the Universe

Never saw it. I’ll have to check it out. And yeah, 11 seconds is a lifetime, relatively.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

My post was a joke and I think he got it. 

In terms of the actual discussion, I’m more inclined to believe the skeptics as I share their doubt that alien civilizations exist and have visited us. There is simply no empirical evidence that I’m aware of. Thousands of conspiracy and other theories, but nothing substantive. 

As vast as the universe is and as plentiful as the the matter is that occupies it, it’s mostly full of space. Infinitely more nothing than something. ...

i agree, no empirical evidence. however, there would seem to be a ton of circumstantial evidence littered all throughout recorded history. ancient man saw something they recorded in stone. what exactly, is up for debate.

Edited by Foxx

38 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yup, very sure. And this is even better. I'm loving every bit of this. ?

I consider this to be fine entertainment!

The universe is kind of a big place. I have yet to see all of it, so it’s hard to tell what might be out there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I consider this to be fine entertainment!

The universe is kind of a big place. I have yet to see all of it, so it’s hard to tell what might be out there. 

Exactly. It's so big our minds can't even wrap around everything about it. One can imagine, but that simply still would not be enough. That was exactly my point though, there is no proof one way or other but maybe one day there will be. I certainly think it's at least possible that other intelligent life is somewhere out there.

Also as I said in a earlier post, humans also didn't exist, until one day we did.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i agree, no empirical evidence. however, there would seem to be a ton of circumstantial evidence littered all throughout recorded history. ancient man saw something they recorded in stone. what exactly, is up for debate.

Lol a cave man drew something.  11 seconds is an eternity and yet staring at the heavens via SETI and other boondoggles has yielded in 40 years.  

Next up : 40 years is nothing even though 11 seconds is eternity.  That should be another mathematical hoot.

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Exactly. It's so big our minds can't even wrap around everything about it. One can imagine, but that simply still would not be enough. That was exactly my point though, there is no proof one way or other but maybe one day there will be. I certainly think it's at least possible that other intelligent life is somewhere out there.

Also as I said in a earlier post, humans also didn't exist, until one day we did.

I will not make the mistake of a certain religious organization that was set on believing we were at the center of the universe, and imprisoned you if you disagreed. That is the height of arrogance....and ignorance. 

I’m not a mathy guy, but if you listen to people who are you might hear about quantum mechanics and string theory. They suggest there may be 7-11 dimensions, maybe more. I don’t know much more than the chipmunk that just ran through my backyard. To think that we are the only “intelligent life” to pop up in almost 14 BILLION years seems a little self-important to me. I’m not saying it’s there, or that they make house calls, but to swear it doesn’t exist is baffling to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I will not make the mistake of a certain religious organization that was set on believing we were at the center of the universe, and imprisoned you if you disagreed. That is the height of arrogance....and ignorance. 

I’m not a mathy guy, but if you listen to people who are you might hear about quantum mechanics and string theory. They suggest there may be 7-11 dimensions, maybe more. I don’t know much more than the chipmunk that just ran through my backyard. To think that we are the only “intelligent life” to pop up in almost 14 BILLION years seems a little self-important to me. I’m not saying it’s there, or that they make house calls, but to swear it doesn’t exist is baffling to me. 

100% agreed with all this.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I’m skeptical of the circumstantial evidence as well. This archeological phenomenon is not universally accepted in the field and much further study is required and ongoing. 

I also don’t believe that our ancient relatives only drew images of what they saw. I believe they had imagination as we have today. We tend to not give credit to their ingenuity and technical abilities as well. 

So many UFO claims have been debunked over the years so I think my skepticism is warranted. I was really hoping that the purported photographs from the late 40s of the Area 51 alien would prove true as they had the UFO believers thinking that finally they found their smoking gun. Turns out it was the mummified body of a two year old boy from an ancient Southwest US Indian community that was on display at a museum in the region when the photos were taken. 

But I remain open to the possibility, no matter how slim.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Religion has zero to do with this.  It is easy to believe both God and aliens are real, only one of them is real or that neither is real.

You make a good point about the possibility of other dimensions but that isn't what I mean when discussing aliens,. I mean aliens from our known universe.

It is far from self important to look at facts rather than hope or supposition.  The fact is that we have been listening for signals for decades.  We've detected information from billions of years ago, millions of years ago, thousands of years ago, hundreds of years ago and from present day.  We've done so while looking in every direction.  We have gathered an incredible amount of data and zero bytes of that data indicate anything alien in origin.  

The point isn't that we can ever know that something doesn't exist.  We can't. But if the universe was teeming with life we would know by now even using our relatively crude technology.  We would have known within minutes of detecting our first signals from space.  That is math, not self importance.  The more we listen and the less we hear, the more likely it is that we're alone. Every minute that goes by without detecting anything proves over and over again the extreme rarity of intelligent life out there.

It is very clear that the existence of intelligent life in any given place is like hitting the lottery.  And we hit it.  This isn't like the Powerball though.  Think of having to hit the right 100 numbers and the Powerball from a pool of a trillion numbers,. It appears to be something like that.

19 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You’re Sheldon’s mother!!!  (Nice ploy leaving out all Christian spiritual references!  ?)

Sorry.  I only saw about 5 episodes of the show and one had Drake's equation in it.  None of them had his mother.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Religion has zero to do with this.  It is easy to believe both God and aliens are real, only one of them is real or that neither is real.

You make a good point about the possibility of other dimensions but that isn't what I mean when discussing aliens,. I mean aliens from our known universe.

It is far from self important to look at facts rather than hope or supposition.  The fact is that we have been listening for signals for decades.  We've detected information from billions of years ago, millions of years ago, thousands of years ago, hundreds of years ago and from present day.  We've done so while looking in every direction.  We have gathered an incredible amount of data and zero bytes of that data indicate anything alien in origin.  

The point isn't that we can ever know that something doesn't exist.  We can't. But if the universe was teeming with life we would know by now even using our relatively crude technology.  We would have known within minutes of detecting our first signals from space.  That is math, not self importance.  The more we listen and the less we hear, the more likely it is that we're alone. Every minute that goes by with detecting anything proves over and over again the extreme rarity of intelligent life out there.

It is very clear that the existence of intelligent life in any given place is like hitting the lottery.  And we hit it.  This isn't like the Powerball though.  Think of having to hit the right 100 numbers and the Powerball from a pool of a trillion numbers,. It appears to be something like that.

I am but a chipmunk who thinks we have examined one grain of sand on one beach on earth.

I think that if any civilization, be it a billion, or even one hundred year ahead of us did not want us to know about them, we would not. I also think that the stories of beings able to travel the universe, but then crashing all over our planet like a bunch of drunken teenagers who stole their parents car is silly. 

To each their own.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I am but a chipmunk who thinks we have examined one grain of sand on one beach on earth.

I think that if any civilization, be it a billion, or even one hundred year ahead of us did not want us to know about them, we would not. I also think that the stories of beings able to travel the universe, but then crashing all over our planet like a bunch of drunken teenagers who stole their parents car is silly. 

To each their own.  

A civilization couldn't conceivably block our view unless it caught up to its own previous unblocked signals floating through space.  This seems conceivable but not with anything we currently know.  Granted they'd know more.

But if the universe is teeming with life wouldn't some want to block signals, some not care and sone actively want to send signals?  Still crickets.  Actually not even crickets.

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sorry.  I only saw about 5 episodes of the show and one had Drake's equation in it.  None of them had his mother.

Excellent, consistent strategy.  Deny.  Deny.  Deny.

So, what does the inside of an alien spacecraft look like?

• Like (+1) 1