Aaron Maybin only weighs 228lbs

Then why hasn't he cut him yet?

This should answer your question: http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=57818

"I hear the Bills would love to have someone take first-round bust defensive end Aaron Maybin off their hands and are offering him up for trade to any team -- but so far no takers."

"I can't imagine any team would actually want to give up a future draft pick or someone off their roster for his services. If Maybin couldn't even crack the lineup on one of the worst defenses in the NFL last season, how exactly would he make an impact for anyone else?"

"My best guess? This is a last ditch effort to try and trade away his contract so the Bills don't have to swallow the three remaining years left on his deal and the $9 million against the cap that stems from his $15 million in guaranteed money. But if they can't find any takers, which I don't think they will, then I think his days are numbered in Buffalo."

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/8/2350980/aaron-maybin-trade-rumors-buffalo-bills

This should come as no surprise, the Bills are trying to trade Maybin. Thanks Dickie J for drafting a bust at #11, instead of drafting an impact player (like Orakpo)that would have been on the team for many of years. Instead, the Bills will either get a late round pick (5th thru 7th, with 5th being generous) or will cut Maybin if there are no suitors. What a waste of another top draft pick (not that we didn't know this already).

they should ask for Matt Ryan

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/8/2350980/aaron-maybin-trade-rumors-buffalo-bills

This should come as no surprise, the Bills are trying to trade Maybin. Thanks Dickie J for drafting a bust at #11, instead of drafting an impact player (like Orakpo)that would have been on the team for many of years. Instead, the Bills will either get a late round pick (5th thru 7th, with 5th being generous) or will cut Maybin if there are no suitors. What a waste of another top draft pick (not that we didn't know this already).

I love hindsight is 20-20 posts. One can always point out an impact player AFTER they become one. NO ONE knows whom will be an impact player before have and whom wil be a bust.

I love hindsight is 20-20 posts. One can always point out an impact player AFTER they become one. NO ONE knows whom will be an impact player before have and whom wil be a bust.

I think pretty much everyone knew Maybin was gonna suck.

Even you had to have.

How about Orakpo, Oher, and Levitre?

It coulda happened if the Bills traded for the Eagles 1st 1st rounder instead of requesting their second 1st and a 6th the next year (or whatever it was). Idiots.

PS: I will never believe that DJ was the heart and soul behind the Maybin pick. It just does not logically make any sense whatsoever. You are really looking through Bills colored glasses if you believe that BS coming from the Bills propaganda machine.

The Bills were as close as you can be to firing Dickie at the end of 2008. That's when the Inner circle [jerk] met and decided, after much deliberation, they would keep him (to the disgust of all fans). Fast forward 4 short months, and the same inner circle [jerk] decides to let the coach they almost fired draft a player that no one else wants, and the entire scouting staff thinks is going to suck….. O yea…. That's believable….

and this was after bringing in super-scout Buddy Nix to vet their selections.

always good to have a scape goat no longer around to defend themselves

The only player the Bills drafted that were busts that I thought would have actually been a good player (when drafted) was Mike Williams. McGahee was a waste of pick, considering Travis "Who's your daddy?" Henry had 2 great back-to-back seasons. I wanted Ngata, I thought he would have been a great replacement for Pat Williams, instead, we got Whitner. I liked the Lynch pick, but he never had a good O-line to run behind, plus he was a problem child (one more incident & he'll be suspended 8 games to a year). I didn't like the McKelvin pick when it happened and I'm still not sold on him. I wanted Orakpo, because he was a bigger DE/OLB, I got tired of the smaller/faster DE's and didn't want Maybin. While I was happy with the Spiller pick, I still would have liked the Bills to have picked Bulaga (The Bills tackles are the weakest link on the team). This year, I was very happy with the Dareus pick.

So there's your hindsight about impact players. I think about 98% of the board could have drafted a better 1st round pick over that 10 year span than Donahoe/Levy/Brandon-Jauron.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I remember the 2009 draft like it was yesterday. I was hoping for BJ raji to fall to us and once picked by GB i was like we can go with the combine beast brian orkapo or either LB cushing or matthews. I had some friends over to watch and grill out....and im telling everyone orakpo. Then maybin is called way out of left field...i think my g/f even said who the hell is that! Everyone started laughing and i just stood and shook my head. The rest of the draft was decent.

I remember the 2009 draft like it was yesterday. I was hoping for BJ raji to fall to us and once picked by GB i was like we can go with the combine beast brian orkapo or either LB cushing or matthews. I had some friends over to watch and grill out....and im telling everyone orakpo. Then maybin is called way out of left field...i think my g/f even said who the hell is that! Everyone started laughing and i just stood and shook my head. The rest of the draft was decent.

I agree about the rest of the 2009 draft (Wood, Levitre, Byrd being the best so far.)

This should answer your question: http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=57818

"I hear the Bills would love to have someone take first-round bust defensive end Aaron Maybin off their hands and are offering him up for trade to any team -- but so far no takers."

"I can't imagine any team would actually want to give up a future draft pick or someone off their roster for his services. If Maybin couldn't even crack the lineup on one of the worst defenses in the NFL last season, how exactly would he make an impact for anyone else?"

"My best guess? This is a last ditch effort to try and trade away his contract so the Bills don't have to swallow the three remaining years left on his deal and the $9 million against the cap that stems from his $15 million in guaranteed money. But if they can't find any takers, which I don't think they will, then I think his days are numbered in Buffalo."

So the argument is that Buddy kept Maybin around because he thought some other GM would offer to take Maybin's contract off his hands?? That's insane! Is it possible that Nix could believe this??

So the argument is that Buddy kept Maybin around because he thought some other GM would offer to take Maybin's contract off his hands?? That's insane! Is it possible that Nix could believe this??

Of course not. Maybin won't be on the roster when the regular season starts. Everyone knows that. When Ralph Wilson brought back Marv because he was not only familiar to him but also was cheap and very compliant he ended up with an expensive Dockery, Langston Walker and Maybin. The clueless owner went miserly on the front office side and paid dearly on the player payroll side. What a fool!!!!

Dick Jauron was the worst thing to EVER happen to the Bills.

The premise was IF HE TURNS INTO JAMAAL CHARLES. I assume that meant the talent and production. If that's true, and we get the best running production in the league, which is never just blocking and never just a talented back but a combination of both, we will have a great offense, and it will be proven to be a very good if not great pick. I think we have a better passing attack and better offensive coaching than KC.

I think when Buddy saw Spiller he didn't see Charles, I think he saw a fast version of LT.

Now if we can only get him to block... :oops:

If and yes I know its a big if....if we get the next LT boy we are gonna have a killer offense for years to come.

Edited by Bufcomments

I never liked the pick of Maybin. I saw him as a project instead of an immediate impact, and thought that we would not see any production from him in 2 or 3 years.