Nick Barnett is a Bill!

Dan III

Why not try tweeting some enthusiasm for having him in B'lo instead of taking a crack at him?

Do you want our LB to suck?

The guy is here because he is looking for job and his options are dwindling. The Bills will offer him a contract but he will not sign until fans start tweeting that we want him here. Is this correct?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barnett is a perfect fit. We need two good years out of him so Sheppard and Batten can take over. Remember, this is the guy who kept AJ Hawk on the bench. Great signing if Buddy can make it happen.

I think we may see Sheppard in there early this season ... but Barnett would be a really good pick up and now that Detroit is out of the picture ...

Yikes! I saw a reference to Barnett getting a garbage plate but it must have just been inferring that he was in the Rochester area. I didn't click on the link for the pic but put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5!

Anyway, I still don't see this as some knock on Buffalo as was feared earlier by some.

Agreed. Plus it was Rochester...

Barnett's visit to Detroit was cancelled and he is still talking to Buffalo. I think he found himself a new home. However, the Seahawks asked Lofa Tatupu to take a pay cut and he has asked to be released. He is a 3 time probowler but played through knee problems last year and had surgery on both knees at the end of the season. Here's the link.

We could possibly add both linebackers and have some serious firepower at that position if they are healthy enough to play.

Edited by Rockinon

However, the Seahawks asked Lofa Tatupu to take a pay cut and he has asked to be released. He is a 3 time probowler but played through knee problems last year and had surgery on both knees at the end of the season. Here's the link.

We could possibly add both linebackers and have some serious firepower at that position if they are healthy enough to play.

Another small guy with heart that gets injured a lot, sounds like POZ 2 the revenge. :thumbdown:

Another small guy with heart that gets injured a lot, sounds like POZ 2 the revenge. :thumbdown:

Gets injured a lot? Up until 3 years ago, he'd missed no more than a game a season (and I didn't check to see if those were season-enders).

The fact he hasn't signed yet doesn't bode well for us. I feel like agents use us to get the bidding higher

Of course they do. These guys do not want to be in f ing WNY if they can get similar $$$ in a place they actually want to be living in/playing in 6 months of the year. Bills are a small market team with a small market organization and small market goals. Teams like the Eagles, etc. are trying to win a title. Bills are trying to keep from opening 0 - 8 again. If you are a pro player and you have to pick where to spend your 6 to 7 year NFL career and the money is the same (and it is with the new CBA, everyone can match whatever the Bills offer) you do not sign with the Bills. We have to pray guys like Wrotto, Easley, Dareus, Merriman and Danny Batten can play and stay healthy. They are all we are likely to have. Same old Bills . Looks like the same old Bills to me. Out of their league. Again. Can we move to the NFC West where the competition isn't so good and talented and well organized/coached? Bills = Kansas City Royals.

Gets injured a lot? Up until 3 years ago, he'd missed no more than a game a season (and I didn't check to see if those were season-enders).

Surgery on both knees at the end of last season is what's worrisome. And Barnett has had some injury problems too. Would be just like Buffalo to take a gamble on them. Think Merriman.

Surgery on both knees at the end of last season is what's worrisome. And Barnett has had some injury problems too. Would be just like Buffalo to take a gamble on them. Think Merriman.

Well at least in Barnett's case, he had an ACL injury in 2008, and came back and had a really good 2009. Last year he had a wrist injury which is much easier to come back from. Tatupu had bilateral knee surgery, but it was arthroscopic.

The Tatupu news might help the Bills actually, right? i mean if you are Barnetts agent you see another LB about to hit free agency, compounded with the fact Detroit signed someone else? Correct me if i am wrong. The Bills should offer him a solid base deal, with incentives. Could get to $5-6 mil if he plays whole year and hits 100 tackles.

The Tatupu news might help the Bills actually, right? i mean if you are Barnetts agent you see another LB about to hit free agency, compounded with the fact Detroit signed someone else? Correct me if i am wrong. The Bills should offer him a solid base deal, with incentives. Could get to $5-6 mil if he plays whole year and hits 100 tackles.

There's a flip side to that as well, now Barnett can sign with Seattle.