Nick Barnett is a Bill!

Dan III

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be the TSW response if he decides on Detroit over Buffalo?

A little different than the Clabo situation. It could be worse because we're not dealing with a really good team like the Falcons, but it could also be more chill because we've seen this all before, we're used to it by now. Either way, get it done Buddy.

Buddy must be getting extra points on his american express card for hosting barnett. I don't understand buddy saying "we're bigger" and then going after a small linebacker. from my perpective, in a 3-4 defense in a northern climate, if you don't weigh in at 245 or more, why bother?

Buddy must be getting extra points on his american express card for hosting barnett. I don't understand buddy saying "we're bigger" and then going after a small linebacker. from my perpective, in a 3-4 defense in a northern climate, if you don't weigh in at 245 or more, why bother?

Ummm...he did pretty well in the 3-4 with the Green Bay Packers didn't he?

Detroit does have the two monsters up front wreaking havoc. I would think any linebacker would like to play in front of Suh and Fairley.and Vanden Bosch. Plus they play a 4-3. I think Barnett has played in both but not sure which he would prefer.

I've heard he's comfortable with both. Green Bay does run a 3-4 so there really shouldn't be any concern regarding what defense we run.

He's 30 and wasn't able to finish 2 out of the last 3 seasons due to injuries (ACL, wrist). I don't want to start this season with Torbor, bur I don't want to finish it with him either.

I'd be really scared signing him to a 5-yr deal, and I'm certain that's what he wants at his age.

He's 30 and wasn't able to finish 2 out of the last 3 seasons due to injuries (ACL, wrist). I don't want to start this season with Torbor, bur I don't want to finish it with him either.

I'd be really scared signing him to a 5-yr deal, and I'm certain that's what he wants at his age.

But look at his production when he is healthy. Injuries happen, and luckily for him the games he's missed haven't been because of one injury in particular, they varied. So sometimes a guy goes through a rough patch, doesn't mean he's washed up.

Detroit does have the two monsters up front wreaking havoc. I would think any linebacker would like to play in front of Suh and Fairley.and Vanden Bosch. Plus they play a 4-3. I think Barnett has played in both but not sure which he would prefer.

What about Williams and Darius?

He did come back from the ACL tear and have 105 tackles and 4 sacks in 2009, but durability is a concern.

Edited by clancynut

We have a shot here for several reasons, Detroit sucks & is a cold ****hole, that gives us a edge we didn't have over the other teams in some potential FA situations.

I think that since he is apt to be injured & we love to load ~19 guys on IR a season, he's our man.

Edited by Scrappy