Weakest part of team looks weaker.

gjv001

I would feel much better Coleman moats sheppard merriman

Coleman did nothing, Moats was horrible at ILB last year (hence the switch to OLB), I love Sheppard, but he is a rookie, and Merriman is an X-Factor to be seen. I don't feel very good about your lineup.

What we'll get is Kelsay-Torbor-Davis-Merriman unless Sheppard blows away Torbor in camp.

Merman, davis, Sheppard, moats would be the ideal starting unit in my eyes. Sheppard probably won't be rdy to start til mid season or so, maybe even next year. The problem with thus scenario, IMO, is the coaching staffs love of chris kelsey. I bet he starts the majority of the year at OLB. /cry. In the beginning of last season he was constantly getting scorched by TEs on 3rd down. The 2nd 1/2 of the year it seemed like the coaches were able to devise schemes that kept him out of coverage. I'm not sure if that was because he wasn't on the field or just pushing the QB. Either way, he didn't stick out as Such a liability as the season went on. Maybe that's just my take. I think we'll start Kelsey, Davis, torbor and merriman to start the year....and we'll all be sad because they suck. Hopefully we can get moats, batten, Coleman and Sheppard some serious pt this year.

I don't know why people are so nervous about our LB's. We only lost Poz, and to be honest I never liked Poz. He could never stay healthy anyways. I personally can't wait to see Kelvin Sheppard, they make him sound like a Ray Lewis because of the emotion he plays with. Also I'm curious to see Arthur Moats at ILB. I also heard that the Bills moved Torbor to ILB.

Because the LB corps was weak and fragile to begin with and they added no one that can be healthy most of the time. Otherwise, to quote Kevin Bacon in Animal House "all is well!"

I like Nix, I like Gailey... but this is complete Horse crap, even if it is a numbers game. you do NOT move your most talented young pass rusher back inside!!! (unless you are convinced he cannot cover)

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/07/30/moats-batten-update/

I'd much rather see batten inside at first to see what he can do, vs Moats, who we know can pressure a QB. I realize we need more ILB (white, shep, an no one else) - but Coleman and Moats were both Pass Rushers in college. I don't get why we aren't keeping them outside. You want to make a LB move inside??? Make Maybin. Guy can't play OLB anyways. He's taken up spot form Moats and from Coleman...

Ahhh remember the days of Biscut,Tally,Paup,Fletcher,Spikes.

?

Fletcher and Spikes never played with Biscuit, or Talley or Paup. Biscuit played with Paup for 1 year.

I remember Tracy, Jacobs and Stratton in the 60's.

Lets not forget Skoupan and Villapiano, and Isiah Robertson in the 70's.

What about Conlon, Carleton Baily and Ray Bently and Marvcus Patton?

Of course there is also Covington, Maddox and Holocek?

I cannot recall when we had worse linebackers than now, maybe in the early to mid 70's ... and that is a maybe.

Edited by Bob in STL

I like Nix, I like Gailey... but this is complete Horse crap, even if it is a numbers game. you do NOT move your most talented young pass rusher back inside!!! (unless you are convinced he cannot cover)

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/07/30/moats-batten-update/

I'd much rather see batten inside at first to see what he can do, vs Moats, who we know can pressure a QB. I realize we need more ILB (white, shep, an no one else) - but Coleman and Moats were both Pass Rushers in college. I don't get why we aren't keeping them outside. You want to make a LB move inside??? Make Maybin. Guy can't play OLB anyways. He's taken up spot form Moats and from Coleman...

Moats has only shown a few times that he can pressure a QB. He did nothing last season to make me feel confident in him as an OLB or ILB. He's being severely overrated. It's like some of you didn't watch him play.

Moats has only shown a few times that he can pressure a QB. He did nothing last season to make me feel confident in him as an OLB or ILB. He's being severely overrated. It's like some of you didn't watch him play.

But, but, but, but... He ended Bret Favres streak, so he MUST be.

Free agency isn't near over.

Exactly why do you HAVE to bring a dime a dozen guy like Nick Barnett in for example ? All we'll be is upset with the lack of plays he can make. I would rather try the Moats experiment if it doesn't work there is plenty of time to sign a FA or wait for cuts and grab a guy. Middle LB's who are difference makers are hard to find- I didn't want Poz back he brings nothing. Sounds back when you say lost a starter but our defense was ranked 31st not all his fault but would we be pumped if he was in the middle again ?

I think Moats will still 3rd down as a pass rusher atleast i hope so that is

and i have just come to the realisation that Kelsay isnt leaving (to my disgust) and unless we sign Barnett i dnt want another ILB

If we get Crowder i would like us to change our names to Buffalo (feeds off the rest of the AFC East Garbage) Bills

Edited by aussiebills