Kevin Burnett

per rotoworld

According to Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 in Buffalo, the Bills have "legitimate interest" in free agent LB Kevin Burnett.

The two sides are expected to resume talks "in a day or two," presumably to allow Burnett to shop around. The San Diego Union-Trib now considers Burnett as good as gone, as he's priced himself out of GM A.J. Smith's plans.

At least we are showing interest in the right players. But we are going to have to overpay to get these guys. The FO is being too schrewd as Mark Gaughan pointed out earlier today

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per rotoworld

According to Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 in Buffalo, the Bills have "legitimate interest" in free agent LB Kevin Burnett.

The two sides are expected to resume talks "in a day or two," presumably to allow Burnett to shop around. The San Diego Union-Trib now considers Burnett as good as gone, as he's priced himself out of GM A.J. Smith's plans.

At least we are showing interest in the right players. But we are going to have to overpay to get these guys. The FO is being too schrewd as Mark Gaughan pointed out earlier today

Personally I don't like the shop around BS. Time is, as the say, of the essence here. Make him a good solid offer and put a time limit on it (and I'm not talking about a day or two).

per rotoworld

"To allow Burnett to shop around"??? WTF? Hey, Kevin...go see if someone else can wow you and we'll sit and hope you're still around for us. Unless this is at Burnett's insistence, I don't get this logic at all. If you want a guy, go lock him up. If he gets to someone else's facility, they may not let him out without signing him...happens all the time.

Personally I don't like the shop around BS. Time is, as the say, of the essence here. Make him a good solid offer and put a time limit on it (and I'm not talking about a day or two).

As the 'buyer', I'm sure you don't, nor do I. But as the 'seller', he'd be crazy not to.

Agreed. Offer good for 24 hours, and terms should be 100% confidential until signed. Don't waste our time using us for leverage.

I was hoping for Tulloch but Burnett will do nicely. He's a solid tackler and looks comfortable working in space. He's got problems in coverage but he's no worse than Poz in that area. I'd guess 5 years $25M with $10M guaranteed gets him here.

word is that the Bills are working today to get all of their picks signed, then will negotiate with Burnett. Maybe burnett also just wants to make sure that he has all the offers in front of him first before he makes a decision? I would say that its a very good thing if he agreed with the Bills and will come back to them after getting a chance to shop around, some players may have just turned and said no thanks to them if they said they wanted to wait to negotiate

Agree. Sounds like the Bills aren't offering him anywhere near enough. Is he really going to come back to let the Bills counter-offer if he finds a better one? Not.

Agree. Sounds like the Bills aren't offering him anywhere near enough. Is he really going to come back to let the Bills counter-offer if he finds a better one? Not.

BS. By all accounts the Bills offered more than the Falcons for Clabo. They're also likely offering to overpay for Burnett. If he's shopping around, it's probably because he would prefer to play somewhere else (as would most NFL players) all other things including $ being equal.

I'm not one to buy into what other fans are saying, but I've heard a lot of negative reports surrounding Crowder on the field and off. I'd much rather go after Burnett, hopefully the San Diego connection will make it happen.

I'm not one to buy into what other fans are saying, but I've heard a lot of negative reports surrounding Crowder on the field and off. I'd much rather go after Burnett, hopefully the San Diego connection will make it happen.

Tim Graham is not sold on he either.

Just a heads up, Bills fans: Crowder a common denominator on one of NFL's most abused pass defenses up the middle. TEs consistently thrive. From Twitter

Since we lost Poz, we need this guy. Our LB corps was thin as it was, now it's just about destitute. I wanted Poz back, but not for the kind of money Jacksonville foolishly threw at him. He's good but not great and he is injury prone. He tackles well but doesn't produce much elsewhere.

I really like Burnett's balanced production. You get a little bit of everything. And he's coming from a good 3-4 defense (Chargers ranked #1 in Total Defense). I think he's a good fit. He has better size then Poz too.

I like him, if the price is reasonable.

Crowder would be a decent consolation prize if we lose out on Burnett.

If he's shopping around, the FO should say we are as well and talk to Crowder. Message to Burnett, if we find someone we like we're signing them and not you.

He's looking to see what's out there. Can't blame him. He'll look around and take the biggest offer he gets. I want him but I don't want to overpay for him.

BS. By all accounts the Bills offered more than the Falcons for Clabo. They're also likely offering to overpay for Burnett. If he's shopping around, it's probably because he would prefer to play somewhere else (as would most NFL players) all other things including $ being equal.

First off, I definitely think Buffalo offered substantially more than Atl for Clabo but that doesn't mean they're going to give Burnett an equally inflated offer. And unless you're a gadget player on offense, I agree with you that most players probably don't want to come here especially considering all the crappy teams we've fielded the past 10 years so you're going to have to overpay to some degree.

But the Bills may simply not want Burnett as badly as they wanted Clabo and aren't willing to overpay to Burnett's satisfaction. If you think that's BS, well good for you.