over/under on Shawne Merriman getting injured

IDK, he specifically said the team doctors diagnosed a new injury and treated it. If there's one thing I trust on the Bill's, it's our medical staff.

He tweeted the otehr day that he just finished a 7 mile run on the beach.

Sounds to me like his Achilles is fine.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He tweeted the otehr day that he just finished a 7 mile run on the beach.

Sounds to me like his Achilles is fine.

Yup, and all the barefoot MMA training has got to be good for it as well. Fingers crossed.

i see this lockout hurting him probably more than anyone for buffalo. id much rather have him get a chance to work back up to game speed

IDK, I can only think that all the extra rest can only be a good thing. Every other player/team has to get up to game speed too, so it's not like he's at any severe disadvantage.

This is all based on the premise that he makes it to the first practice without getting injured first. I say he suffers a season ending injury in Week 2. I have actually had the conversation with my friends- what is the % chance that Merriman plays in 16 games this season and is productive. I would say somewhere between 5 and 10%. Definitely closer to 5%. Yet so much depends on him staying healthy.

I don't think he'll make it through pre-season.

I HOPE he does, and through the season, and returns to Pro-Bowl form, though.

I just don't expect it. :(

I don't expect him to make it through the first week of camp.

I honestly believe Merriman is going to shock a lot of people and have a great season. It may start slowly but as the season progresses I think he will be out to prove something and will be out to terrorize offenses. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but if I'm right then Brady, Sanchez and whoever throws for Miami will be in trouble.

If Merriman doesn't play a full season, there will be many pissed off Bills fans.

If Merriman plays a full season, there will be many pissed off Bills fans.

If Merriman plays well, there will be many pissed off Bills fans.

If Merriman makes the Pro Bowl, there will be many pissed off Bills fans.

If Merriman breaks the all time sack record, there will be many pissed off Bills fans.

If Merriman helps the Bills win a Super Bowl, there will be many pissed off Bills fans.

If Merriman cures cancer while bringing Ford and Xerox and Kodak back to prominence in WNY at at the same time getting Lady Gaga to off herself, there will be many pissed off Bills fans.

• 2 weeks later...

he didn't even make a week....

Shawne Merriman was given what Gailey called "a rest day" on Friday, but he didn't practice again on Saturday. Gailey said things changed a little, "He didn't feel well this morning. He was a sorer than we thought he was going to be, so we left him out one more day. I think he'll be back tomorrow."

http://wgr550.com/Bills-Williams-leaves-practice--Merriman-misses-a-/10552741

He was going very hard Thursday night, one of the few that were. But he did finish practice and showed no signs of being hurt that I saw, and I was watching the line/linebacker contact drills most of the time. He could very well just be sore and this is precautionary.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Shawne Merriman was given what Gailey called "a rest day" on Friday, but he didn't practice again on Saturday. Gailey said things changed a little, "He didn't feel well this morning. He was a sorer than we thought he was going to be, so we left him out one more day. I think he'll be back tomorrow."

I suppose giving a vet player a day off is poor management in your view?

I thought the O/U was on him getting injured. Is he injured? So far as we know at the moment is he's not. If this goes on for several more days then I think we can legitimately question his status.

GO BILLS!!!