over/under on Shawne Merriman getting injured

I suppose giving a vet player a day off is poor management in your view?

It sure would be

a day off a week into camp with no 2-a-days - after a lockout which requires an accelerated camp schedule

yeah - missed on-field time is just the ticket to improving the worst LB group in the league

but hey- George Edwards is a really good coach - so he must be right

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure would be

a day off a week into camp with no 2-a-days - after a lockout which requires an accelerated camp schedule

yeah - missed on-field time is just the ticket to improving the worst LB group in the league

Where in my post did I say anything about Edwards' ability as a coach?

It sure would be

After a lockout in which players, especially ones in which are rehabbing injuries, are prone to being overworked and at higher risk for injury. And how do we know George Edwards was the one to hold him out? Or was it just a convenient opportunity to take a shot at Edwards?

I'm all for keeping him out. It's games we want, not practices.

After a lockout in which players, especially ones in which are rehabbing injuries, are prone to being overworked and at higher risk for injury. And how do we know George Edwards was the one to hold him out? Or was it just a convenient opportunity to take a shot at Edwards?

I'm all for keeping him out. It's games we want, not practices.

He's not rehabing, is he? Isn't he 100%? I would think this guy needs more practice than anyone on the team.

He'll miss the second half of the AFC championship game with a strained ankle but will be back in the starting lineup for Super Bowl XLVI.

In the has beens vs hillbillies armwrestling championship on Spike TVs halftime show?

He'll miss the second half of the AFC championship game with a strained ankle but will be back in the starting lineup for Super Bowl XLVI.

That's exactly what is being said.

Exactly.

I bet if it were game day he'd be playing.

He's not rehabing, is he? Isn't he 100%? I would think this guy needs more practice than anyone on the team.

It's reported he's about 80% at the moment.

If he looked slow or indecisive I would agree......

But he has already been our best defensive player in camp.....so what is the point.

I am trying to figure out where this is coming from.....do we want to see if Merriman is a ironman out there.....would you feel better if he WAS hurt?

He hasnt played football in like 2 years......what is the problem of bringing him along slowly.....we had offensive linemen that barely practiced in the season in bell and wood last year....should we have been practicing them as well?

If he looked slow or indecisive I would agree......

But he has already been our best defensive player in camp.....so what is the point.

I am trying to figure out where this is coming from.....do we want to see if Merriman is a ironman out there.....would you feel better if he WAS hurt?

He hasnt played football in like 2 years......what is the problem of bringing him along slowly.....we had offensive linemen that barely practiced in the season in bell and wood last year....should we have been practicing them as well?

Is he on the 5 year re-build plan as well?

the point is the guy lasted one practice last year

now he's out after 1 week.

does not seem to be adjusting to life off the pharmaceuticals very well

Is he on the 5 year re-build plan as well?

the point is the guy lasted one practice last year

now he's out after 1 week.

does not seem to be adjusting to life off the pharmaceuticals very well

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Step back from the ledge.

First off, Bell and Woods took days off last year after recovering from injuries. Hell, Corner took days off before to make sure everything healed right. There is nothing wrong with taking rest days. Healthy for the season is what I am sure you would want? No?

Secondly, who said anything about about him being out. You make it sound as if he is headed to the IR/PUP list.

Just breath chicken little...

He is in full pads and practicing. I am not there but had my son text me the report :)

Raining there now so not sure for how much longer they will stay outside.

per Mr. WEO:

"Just left practice. Yup, Merriman was there--whole practice at 1/8 speed."