Albert Haynesworth to New England for 2013 5th re pick

Punch

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed to ESPN: Washington traded DT Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a fifth-round pick in 2013.
via schefters twitter.

I hate the pats... Think the Bills will see this and say... "ok, time to step up our game." ? Probably not. But I still have faith. Time to beef up that line!

Edited by DukeyBomb

WOW !! .....i bet he plays his azz off for them.

btw....Wilfork plays the position that albert hates....NT, taking up two blockers.

The compensation for the former NFL Defensive Player of the Year is a fifth-round pick in 2013.

Haynesworth, who will have to pass his physical for the trade to become official, is scheduled to make $5 million this season.

Edited by papazoid

Now this is interesting. Wonder if they'll get his fat azz engaged in the program.

I thought the same thing. I don't think AH trying to call the shots on what downs he wants to play will fly in New England. hopefully he'll destroy some team unity before long.

wilfork-hanesworth is scary

They still have Ty Warren, Gerrard Warren and Marcus Stroud.. and an up and coming rookie in Ron Brace.

Oh and I can't forget DE Mike Wright either. He had 5.5 sacks last year.

They still have Ty Warren, Gerrard Warren and Marcus Stroud.. and an up and coming rookie in Ron Brace.

Oh and I can't forget DE Mike Wright either. He had 5.5 sacks last year and he only played in 7 games.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Are the Pats switching to a 4-3? or is He playing a 3-4 DE, I ask because he wasn't that good as a NT and I thought it was a big reason for his discontentment .

They've been playing a lot more 4-3 than 3-4 in the last 4 years. So this fits and makes it even easier for them to do so.

I'm not too worried about Haynesworth. He was an oft-injured useless piece of cr@p for Washington...even when he was on the field. He's not the player he was with Tennessee that's for sure. I only hope his lousy attitude continues in NE and causes distractions.

I'm not too worried about Haynesworth. He was an oft-injured useless piece of cr@p for Washington...even when he was on the field. He's not the player he was with Tennessee that's for sure. I only hope his lousy attitude continues in NE and causes distractions.

The likelyhood of that is close to zero. You're whistling past the graveyard.

The likelyhood of that is close to zero. You're whistling past the graveyard.

I can see this being just like the Randy Moss situation. He leaves a team he didn't want to play for and goes to the Patriots where he suddenly he plays great.

All we can do is hope that the Pats* magic that seems to turn these NFL cast-offs and miscreants into pro-bowlers has finally run its course.

All we can do is hope that the Pats* magic that seems to turn these NFL cast-offs and miscreants into pro-bowlers has finally run its course.

That can only happen when BB is gone. This is a great move for them. This kid is a head case and ended up in the worst place imaginable--Washington. He's very talented and the pats just got him for absolutely nothing.

When I first read about it on PFT I was a little pissed. Typical NE move. I think he maybe good in a 4-3 but I dont think a total game changer anymore. I hate to say this but in all honesty its not like we're even w NE and this move will put them over the top making it hard for us to beat them. With or w/o haynesworth we havent been able to beat them. As pointed out in an earlier post, NE has plenty of D lineman. Honestly its a no brainer - a 5th in 2013? Why not take a shot. I also suspect part of belibitch's motive maybe to get some quality play out of him then move him for an earlier draft pick as we know he's good at stockpiling draft picks............

That can only happen when BB is gone. This is a great move for them. This kid is a head case and ended up in the worst place imaginable--Washington. He's very talented and the pats just got him for absolutely nothing.

I completely agree.

It is maddening how they pick up past superstars for nothing and turn them into an even better version of their former glory. No doubt his BS from Washington isn't going to fly anymore, and I know it is a long shot, but I am holding out hope that maybe he shows up fat and out of shape like last season.... but knowing the way things work for the Pats* there is a better chance of Maybin making the probowl next season than Haynesworth not turning it around for them.