Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look it shouldn't be too difficult to find another slow, long haired, white guy, who has no ability in pass coverage, to make tackles 8 yards off the line of scrimmage for us. I'm not too upset.

You totally just described me.

And yes, I would accept any contract the Bills are willing to dish out.

Not to be a dink or anything, but I honestly can't think of one great play Poz made in his time in Buffalo....I never understood the love affair people had for him, while crapping all over Donte's play when they were at the same level of overrated in my books.

JAX overpaid big time for an average ILB. All of you complaining about him leaving who be complaining about Nix if he signed him to this same deal.

I hope Jacksonville enjoys the 18 games they get for their $42 million.

Jax just screwed themselves.. Poz was decent, but hardly a LB worthy of that kind of scratch. Hell I could flow to the ball and shed blockers as well as he could (which isn't saying much, but I'm 5' 11" 190). Let's not get too wrapped up in this until the FO shows that they don't have/find a viable replacement (and hopefully an upgrade).

He only asked for one.

Put me down as being disappointed he's gone but thinking he is way overpaid at 6 year/42 mil. I am actually shocked we offered to match the contract. I noted again and again last year how weak he was in pass coverage. I would love to know how many 3rd down conversions were the result of his man catching passes and moving the chains. I also don't recall a lot of huge plays out of the man. I am anxious to see the Bills fill the void - perhaps with Stephen Cooper, Kevin Burnett, or Brandon Siler, San Diego.

Good luck to him but oh well, let's move on.....

My 2 cents

Can anyone help fill me in on our current depth chart at LB now that Poz has gone south?

For that matter at DL?

Obviously it's some speculation at this point but if we don't pick up anyone in FA what would it look like?

The information you seek is here.

Number  Name            Position Ht    Wt   	Age   Exp   Kallage
57	Batten, Danny	LB	6-4	250	23 	1	South Dakota State
59	Coleman, Antonio LB	6-1	248	24 	2	Auburn
54	Davis, Andra	LB	6-1	251	32 	10	Florida
90	Kelsay, Chris	LB	6-4	261	31 	9	Nebraska
45	Kirlew, Jammie	LB	6-3	264	24 	1	Indiana
58	Maybin, Aaron	LB	6-4	250	23 	3	Penn State
55	Merriman, Shawne LB	6-4	265	27 	7	Maryland
52	Moats, Arthur	LB	6-2	250	23 	2	James Madison
55	Sheppard, Kelvin LB	6-2	250	23 	R	LSU
53	Torbor, Reggie	LB	6-2	250	30 	8	Auburn
50	White, Chris	LB	6-3	240	22 	R	Mississippi State

Akin Ayodele and Keith Ellison are UFAs just like Pos wuz.

I also don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but seriously: When was the last time that Poz did something that we were really excited about. In four years he's had three sacks and is part of the worst Run Defense in the NFL.

My only concern is this: Who the hell are we going to get to replace him? Our backups aren't exactly hot commodities. Who can we get?

Jax just screwed themselves.. Poz was decent, but hardly a LB worthy of that kind of scratch. Hell I could flow to the ball and shed blockers as well as he could (which isn't saying much, but I'm 5' 11" 190). Let's not get too wrapped up in this until the FO shows that they don't have/find a viable replacement (and hopefully an upgrade).

Hey! There's no place for reason around here!:angry:

I agree.Del Rio is up against it with a 'Playoffs or you're out' ultimatum from Weaver. Problem is, they aren't good enough -even with Poz. Their fan base got excited early the last couple years, but the team evetually played down to their capability. Granted, DR runs a 4-3, making a Poz a consideration. But we haven't seen anything from Poz to suggest he can hoist a team on his shoulders and will them to the playoffs.

My guess is Poz won't be with the Jags in 2 years when they move to L.A.