Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

Common slash, that's just silly. Nobody ran the guy out of town, he decided to leave for a boatload of money. What the fans think of Poz has 0% to do with his leaving. He wasn't run out, he left on his terms.

You can do better than that.

I believe a poorly designed 3-4 defense was the true reason the guy left, the money wasn't much better than what the Bills had on the table.

What the people of Buffalo have been exposed to recently by a real owner dedicated to winning in Terry Pegula has shortened the tolerance of the miserly Bills organization, and the mindless decisions that seem to flow out of One Bills Drive.

Lower your expectations people, winning will not happen with the current owner in place. If you think the Ralph Wilson game plan will bring a winning season again you're just not living in the real world.

The definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results. Why do people around here think this team will win by doing what has always been done for the last 50 years? the Bill Polian era was an anomaly, once you come to terms with that, you'll be fine.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get real. We are a worse team now than we were last week and last week were the third worst team in football. Nix said it was a priority to sign Poz and Florence and he already failed to sign Poz. We are a worse team now than we were when Nix and Gailey took over and so far we are signing Tyler freaking Thigpen, which is about as bad a free agent signing as that guy we got from Oakland (OAKLAND?) who even Oakland didn't want and was a penalty machine.

Nine wins or out Buddy....nine wins or out.

wishful thinking. wilson knew exactly what he was getting with nix... a company guy. what i can't understand is why so many fan's here share the company guy mentality for a company that has abused them for the better part of 50 years.

I know he's Polish and has pretty long hair, but why on Earth do so many people on this board seem to have a man crush on the guy? He's never healthy and when he's on the field he isn't that good. He's another Levy / Jauron / Modrak draft bust. The sooner they get rid of the stench of that era the better.

I agree to a lesser extent. He not worth 7 mill a year over 6 yeArs. Not even close. Considering he's really only good at 3 things, tackling, being polish and having long hair, I'm glad we didn't give him that kind of money. In Jacksonville, he will be a whipping boy. The message boards will b flooded with people gushing about how he's soft, injury prone, slow, and one of the worst cover lbs in league history.

Sure, now we have a bigger hole at ILB, but I'm glad we didn't pay him that kind of money. Unless we can get barnett, it looks like Davis and Sheppard will be our men this year. Davis isn't THAT much worse than Poz, he just had the same problem, staying on the field. If we don't grab a replacement, hopefully we can grab one next year, and have 2 young aggressive ilbs that can give our d some life. I really wish we coulda got Mario Harvey.

doesn't say much about Posluszny's willingness to take on a challenge.

Easy enough for you to say from behind a keyboard, but that's the wrong way of looking at it. It's like a flyball pitcher not wanting to pitch for the Rockies. You go where your talents are best suited.

I, for one, wish him nothing but the best.

Bottom line: The Bills have had the WORST LB corps in the NFL for the past few seasons. Without a doubt. Make all the excuses you want about Poz, but he was a part of that unit that was MISERABLE. If he wasn't a Penn state guy or if he didn't have a polish last name, NO ONE here would care to see his butt shipped out of town. His numbers, even despite the fact they were bloated, were STILL terrible. He wasn't a pass rusher, a run stopper or good in coverage. He was average to below average at pretty much every aspect of the game.

He's slow. He's not a big hitter. He doesn't have a nose for the ball.

And, despite his claims to "want to stay in Buffalo" he jumped ship faster than a Thai hooker in port.

Fug him.

Does it create a hole? Sure. But this team is NOT a playoff contender. No one with any shred of sanity believes they are. Poz was NOT the worst player on the defense. But he wasn't the best either. And considering how bad the Bills D was overall, the fact he WASN'T the best player on the field says all you need to know. So why pour more money into a player who has clearly shown he is AT BEST an average ILB?

Everyone needs to take a breath and just ... chilllllllllll.

yeah really, poz was a fraud. he was so good that he's even succeeded in making london flethcer seem like a hall-of-famer. that's not good.

now as to whether the bills are capable of upgrading the position...well, we've been down this road before, and don't hold your breath...

I know he's Polish and has pretty long hair, but why on Earth do so many people on this board seem to have a man crush on the guy? He's never healthy and when he's on the field he isn't that good. He's another Levy / Jauron / Modrak draft bust. The sooner they get rid of the stench of that era the better.

Could it be because the guy is at the top if not the top tackler on the team EVERY YEAR even when he does miss games ??? Look between the trees & not directly at one & you'll see a bunch more of what is truly going on with a player , especially one as good as Poz !!! :blink:

Typical Bills fan out look !! Let a really good player go because you think he's not that good , B**CH about not getting one in return , & then B**ch about not mortgaging the farm for another , then B88ch cause the guy you think we should take they don't !! The Bills fans are worse than my Ex !! :doh:

To end my argument why do you think Jack Delreo wanted this guy bad enough to tell them to give him that kind of money ??? Delreo is a huge defensive guy & if i remember correctly not a bad player himself & recognizes talent when he sees it !! Just watch Poz & you'll see what he does now !

And in true Bills fan form there will be a bunch people B**ching on this sight when we play the Jags & Poz plays the way he did for us !!! :oops:

Easy enough for you to say from behind a keyboard, but that's the wrong way of looking at it. It's like a flyball pitcher not wanting to pitch for the Rockies. You go where your talents are best suited.

I, for one, wish him nothing but the best.

Admittedly, I've never played a down in the NFL.

He was free to go where he wanted, but if he really didn't want to play in a 3-4, why did he express his desire to stay in Buffalo?

A note about Poz - his weakness is pass coverage, and he'll be playing against the Colts and Texans twice a year, and covering Chris Johnson out of the backfield two more times. And, name a defensive lineman on the Jags. I know Alahu is good, but he is a penetrator. I don't see hogs up front to tie up blockers for him. Just don't think the Jags are a great fit for his career.

Aaron kampman peobowler Terrance knighton, probowler

Admittedly, I've never played a down in the NFL.

He was free to go where he wanted, but if he really didn't want to play in a 3-4, why did he express his desire to stay in Buffalo?

Because he was in the middle of negotiations and didn't want to give up any leverage.