Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it the more I see the Bills losing both Poz and Whitner. Although I think that Florence will resign. I think that Poz will go to the Giants as Fewell is their DC and they play a 4-3. The Giants also have a huge need at MLB and they have some cap room once they make some cuts.

Florence seems to be in a over-saturated CB market and the Bills will likely give him a 2 year 4+ million dollar a year offer. Florence is barely a top 10 corner in this market that already features a lot of big names ahead of him.

I hope Poz comes back but I just don't think the Bills offer a system he wants to play in. Bills should look to get two new middle LB's in the 3-4 and go after Cullen Jenkins.

The more I think about it the more I see the Bills losing both Poz and Whitner. Although I think that Florence will resign. I think that Poz will go to the Giants as Fewell is their DC and they play a 4-3. The Giants also have a huge need at MLB and they have some cap room once they make some cuts.

Florence seems to be in a over-saturated CB market and the Bills will likely give him a 2 year 4+ million dollar a year offer. Florence is barely a top 10 corner in this market that already features a lot of big names ahead of him.

I hope Poz comes back but I just don't think the Bills offer a system he wants to play in. Bills should look to get two new middle LB's in the 3-4 and go after Cullen Jenkins.

Of course Poz is going to say that he will entertain offers from other teams. It would be completely ridiculous, and to his disadvantage financially, to say that he will only re-sign with Buffalo. I just can't understand why people are reading into this so much. Poz has stated that he wants to remain a Bill, and has also stated that he is excited to work with Wannstache. Given what ILB's are available in the FA market, I suspect that the Bills will offer him a lucrative contract extension and he will remain in Buffalo.

With regard to going after Cullen Jenkins....I just don't see then need to add another 3-4 DE. With Dwan Edwards, Alex Carrington, Spencer Johnson, and Marcell Dareus...I just don't see where he fits in.

Of course Poz is going to say that he will entertain offers from other teams. It would be completely ridiculous, and to his disadvantage financially, to say that he will only re-sign with Buffalo. I just can't understand why people are reading into this so much. Poz has stated that he wants to remain a Bill, and has also stated that he is excited to work with Wannstache. Given what ILB's are available in the FA market, I suspect that the Bills will offer him a lucrative contract extension and he will remain in Buffalo.

This ^^^

Agents and players know that teams will not have time to low ball. Theyre trying to get the teams to come in with their best offer and hope they overpay a bit due to the way free agency is going to go. I hope (and believe) the Bills will come in with a good offer that gets it done right away.

With regard to going after Cullen Jenkins....I just don't see then need to add another 3-4 DE. With Dwan Edwards, Alex Carrington, Spencer Johnson, and Marcell Dareus...I just don't see where he fits in.

I would cut Edwards, the guy is always hurt. Jenkins is a better player than Edwards and is healthier. Bills have some money to spend why not put up some cash to help the run D and get a veteran player coming off of a super bowl victory.

Edwards on paper is a decent player but if he can't stay on the field what's the point.

I agree that in this unusual year we'll probably re-sign Poz. I would imagine with such a "short" offseason and minimal time to prepare, incumbents (guys with time already in the system/with the coaches) come at a premium as opposed to bringing in new blood that the coaches haven't coached. If it's a toss-up talent-wise, you go with the known commodity.

I agree that in this unusual year we'll probably re-sign Poz. I would imagine with such a "short" offseason and minimal time to prepare, incumbents (guys with time already in the system/with the coaches) come at a premium as opposed to bringing in new blood that the coaches haven't coached. If it's a toss-up talent-wise, you go with the known commodity.

Good post. This is the best reasoning I've heard so far to keep him.

GO BILLS!!!

I probably missed this but what happened to RFAs because I believe Whitner and Poz should be in that category?

The Bills were just hedging their bets in case FA rules changed, that's why they were tendered as RFAs. It was unlikely that FA rules would change though.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/3/1/2023048/donte-whitner-paul-posluszny-rfa-tender

GO BILLS!!!

I dunno. I think he's one of our own that we keep.

1. WannStache gets a chance to work his magic.

2. He'll have better DT's in front of him eating up linemen.

3. He'll have Kelvin Sheppard/Andra Davis next to him this season (IMHO)

4. Poz wants to come back:

Poz provided The AP that quote back in March once he was tendered just before the lockout began.

Today, he told The AP that though he's still interested in coming back, he also intends to entertain offers from other teams.

Then again, I don't think Poz thought he would have a shot at entertaining offers, as the the thought was the Bills -- and all NFL teams -- would get first crack at re-signing their free agents. That has now changed, given how late we all are into the offseason.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Not with reverting back to the old rules, 4 years of service gains UFA. It was 6 last year without a CBA.

Merci beaucoup. :thumbsup:

Not with reverting back to the old rules, 4 years of service gains UFA. It was 6 last year without a CBA.

Merci beaucoup.