If Poz leaves, will you be upset??

Scrappy

I've been disappointed with Poz' play. Maybe that's due to the personnel in front of him, but I can't see re-signing him for huge bucks only to find out it was more him than anyone else. I think it might be time to part ways.

I'd be upset. He makes tackles so far behind the line of scrimate becuase of the personnel (or lack thereof) in front of him. Also, the DC Edwards is the worst DC in the game. Let him have some time to play with Wanny and see what happens. All too often last year Edwards has Puz covering TE's--which is the job of a speedy outside LB, not an inside LB. I will be very upset if the Bills let him walk, unless he is asking for way too much money.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we should all be upset if he leaves, because its another hole to fill and another step backwards for this team's progress.

We'd be effectively spinning out wheels, letting Poz walk and replacing him with Sheppard. Then there is still a hole at ILB.

We must re-sign Poz if we're serious about building a team. If they let him walk, then it proves that Ralph is still influencing the way the team is ran and it doesnt matter if they bring in Buddy/Chan or anyone else.

Yes, we should all be upset if he leaves, because its another hole to fill and another step backwards for this team's progress.

We'd be effectively spinning out wheels, letting Poz walk and replacing him with Sheppard. Then there is still a hole at ILB.

We must re-sign Poz if we're serious about building a team. If they let him walk, then it proves that Ralph is still influencing the way the team is ran and it doesnt matter if they bring in Buddy/Chan or anyone else.

It's my hunch that Buddy and Chan want him back for the reason you outline. But I don't agree with your assessment that if Poz signs elsewhere it's because of RW's meddling. At what point in a bidding war do you walk away from Poz's demands?

GO BILLS!!!

This team will never get better until they find a way to not create holes while they are trying to fix other ones....

The line in front of Poz has been so bad for so long we really dont know how good he can be...we DO know that he can at least be solid. In a 3-4 defense you dont let players like that leave town creating holes that you hope will be filled by other players.

Keep Poz.....

It's my hunch that Buddy and Chan want him back for the reason you outline. But I don't agree with your assessment that if Poz signs elsewhere it's because of RW's meddling. At what point in a bidding war do you walk away from Poz's demands?

GO BILLS!!!

Of course we dont sign him at all costs. Much like Nate Clements, if someone comes up with a ridiculous contract, there is nothing we can do. But that will be obvious afterwards.

It should not be difficult, nor expensive, to re-sign Poz. No excuses for not getting it done. Unless he signs an obviously inflated contract elsewhere.

Nate Clements was offered a $100mil contract, we definitely had to let him go. But we were less than $1mil under the contract Pat Williams signed with Minn.

Which category is Poz more likely to end up in if he leaves?

Edited by DrDareustein

Of course we dont sign him at all costs. Much like Nate Clements, if someone comes up with a ridiculous contract, there is nothing we can do. But that will be obvious afterwards.

It should not be difficult, nor expensive, to re-sign Poz. No excuses for not getting it done. Unless he signs an obviously inflated contract elsewhere.

Nate Clements was offered a $100mil contract, we definitely had to let him go. But we were less than $1mil under the contract Pat Williams signed with Minn.

Which category is Poz more likely to end up in if he leaves?

I'd be surprised if Poz got get an inflated contract. His play doesn't merit one to this point. His intangibles would be worth more to us than a new team I would think. But there just may be a team out there that wants to make an impression on their fan base by signing someone.

I can't blame RW for PW when TD had total control at the time. I can see Littman getting in the way though.

GO BILLS!!!

Poz is an average NFL player.

The way the Bills are now, an average NFL player is one of your stars.

You don't overpay or sign a long duration deal, but you resign him if possible.

And to the people who are saying he can get us to 8-8 but not beyond, 8-8 looks pretty good after last year. Sign him to a short deal and after you hit 8-8 look for an upgrade,

I'd be surprised if Poz got get an inflated contract. His play doesn't merit one to this point. His intangibles would be worth more to us than a new team I would think. But there just may be a team out there that wants to make an impression on their fan base by signing someone.

I can't blame RW for PW when TD had total control at the time. I can see Littman getting in the way though.

GO BILLS!!!

That's kinda my point as well. I think Poz has actually played very well for what we have (not) put in front of him. But I dont see a team throwing a huge contract at him. Which means the Bills have no excuse for not bringing him back.

Yes! The Bills are not in a position to be letting one of their better players go. Especially from a unit that has to get better. Granted, he's not elite, but he's not bad. As has been pointed out, letting him walk, only creates another need on team with too many needs as it is.

Edited by CSBill

Bottom Line: The Bills take a step back if Poz leaves.

Who would replace him? How long will it take to at least get someone as good as him into our lineup? It won't be this year - therefore it's a step back.

I see Poz as part of a solid team defense. As better players begin to surround him - he will be better too. Sign him and get another stud ILB and another OLB and his play will most assuredly improve. If Merriman can make a go of it, Poz will also improve. Andra Davis & Akin the Yodeler are the stiffs - they are why we have the worst run defense - not Poz! Here's hoping Batten and the other young LBs are a cut above our stiffs - the run-D will immediately improve with Edwards-Williams -Dareus playing in front of them.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't see where Poz has all these demand's? He has said all along that he wants to return to Buffalo. One reporter asked him about the Giants and everyone is taking it as if he said he wants to go play there. If the Bills offer him a fair contract I am quite sure he will take it.

I don't see where Poz has all these demand's? He has said all along that he wants to return to Buffalo. One reporter asked him about the Giants and everyone is taking it as if he said he wants to go play there. If the Bills offer him a fair contract I am quite sure he will take it.

I don't see where Poz has any demands either, at the moment. The scenario is what if we get into a bidding war for his services. It is in that context that I use the word "demands." How about I leave Poz out of it altogether and say "his agent's demands?"

What do you think is a fair contract for Poz?

GO BILLS!!!

What if Puz wants to play for an organization actually committed to winning and has long term viability at ownership? It's a two way street. The Bills do want him back. The question is does he want to come back? For me, I bet he winds up playing for the Giants. From a player point of view it's a no brainer.

What if Puz wants to play for an organization actually committed to winning and has long term viability at ownership? It's a two way street. The Bills do want him back. The question is does he want to come back? For me, I bet he winds up playing for the Giants. From a player point of view it's a no brainer.

That's an interesting point. History is full of players who've professed their desire to re-sign with their current teams right up to the point that other teams start making offers. I don't fault the players. Nor do I fault those current teams who decide not to match and go in another direction. Teams assign value to players based on an entirely different set of criteria than us fans do. Thankfully so.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Yes I'd be upset. While I don't think that he's the greatest LB, he's definitely in the serviceable to solid category. We have no one to replace him other than a 3rd round rookie... If we had Patrick Willis to replace him I'd be saying "Thanks for all your hard work Poz, see you later."

Don't create an necessary hole. We have enough of them already.

you know, it's funny....on four occasions over the past two seasons i've watch Poz be the feature on NFL Match-Up of how a offense exposes a LB in coverage/ how to roadgrade a LB......another bad draft pick....goodbye and good luck

He's London Fletcher, 2.0.

He'll make 125 tackles, but none behind the line of scrimmage. He'll recover a fumble or two, but never force one. He'll be in his hole more often than not, but he's not bringing any wood when he gets there.

But we run a 3-4 and we have about 2.5 linebackers on the whole roster (poz, moats (.5), Merriman (.5) and our 3rd rounder (.5).

So I guess we gotta keep him. I guess.

Fletcher was a fantastic football player and a great leader. The "tackles beyond the line of scrimmage" is a bad rap because the guy played behind some crappy DL's. Fletcher made plays from sideline to sideline and he has great respect from the players and coaches everywhere he has been.

If Poz develops into another Fletcher that will be great.

To the original question on Poz. Yes, we should make a great effot to sign him to the right contract, not an inflated contract. We have nothing else. Poz will get better when the support around him gets better.

Bob

Edited by Bob in STL

That's kind of in line with my point as well. If he leaves, it's because of the culture that Ralph has built. Whether it's the culture of the FO that lets players walk, or the general "Meh" culture around the team that drives players away.

Look at how T-Pegs has invested into making the Sabres facilities state of the art. Then go take a tour of One Bills Drive. Then go look at facilities for the Ravens, Jets, etc. It looks like the Bills are stuck in the 80s (at best).

Poz leaving is a bad thing for the Bills. Unless some team goes stupid and offers him a huge contract, it's Ralph's fault one way or the other.