To those who are anti-Toronto

that's why i started my anti-toronto thread, thread where posters have a chance to amuse themselves as opposed to rehashing rehashed information and, as one poster put it, bashing each other on the heads despite no new developments.

come, then, join the fun:

jw

The ownership issue thread resurfaced due to the positive activity occurring in Sabreland with the more aggressive pursuit of talented players. The contrast between Pegula to Ralph is very stark. That is the origin of the reprise of this topic. There should be no surprise as to why this subject matter is rehashed.

Do you want to know what would bring out an explosion of more commentary about the owner of the football team? He acting out of character and being aggressive in the pursuit of excellence instead of the status quo of mediocrity would bring up less rehashing of the same old responses. Don't hold your breath.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buffalo Bills would all ready have relocated without the support from places like Toronto or Rochester for that matter. Anyone who doesn't at the very least acknowledge that Buffalo cannot carry the load alone keeping asses in the seats of RW stadium is living a pipe dream. This anti-Canadian sentiment is childish, ignorant and shameful. If anything, we should be welcoming our Canadian neighbors for being there to help us support our team. That's all I am going to say on the subject.

Well, said. I agree. We should be grateful for their support.

The least we could do is put a Beaver Tail concession at The Ralph.

post-2970-083235400 1309545985_thumb.jpg

Has anyone realized that having a robust WNY economy is the only viable means of keeping the Bills in Buffalo long term? Regionalization towards Syracuse and Toronto are vital until then. Demanding that some billionaire white-knight come along, spend his hard earned fortune to buy and operate the team in an econimically shrinking region is a pipe dream. Until that is reversed, having the Toronto games is smart business (just have them in December when a dome is a good idea, giving up games at RWS thru the 2nd week of November is bad business).

The way to keep the Bills in WNY is the same as necessary to keep the population from shrinking, demand your local and state polticians lower taxes and regulations to rebuild the economic base. The state passing a responsible budget (i.e income equals expenses) is a start but not an end.

If only we had news media reporters who, during interviews with owner Ralph Wilson, were willing to broach the subject of the franchise's future with some tough questions...

If only this were so, then we would have new information to discuss in these Bills relocation threads...

If only...

The Buffalo Bills would all ready have relocated without the support from places like Toronto or Rochester for that matter. Anyone who doesn't at the very least acknowledge that Buffalo cannot carry the load alone keeping asses in the seats of RW stadium is living a pipe dream. This anti-Canadian sentiment is childish, ignorant and shameful. If anything, we should be welcoming our Canadian neighbors for being there to help us support our team. That's all I am going to say on the subject.

As a long time Bills fan who crosses the border often to watch his team play, I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience with any of the locals whilst watching a game at the Ralph. Fortunately, none of the fans I've met are "angry" at us Canucks for taking a game away.

In my opinion though, the whole thing sucks. Not because of losing a game but the fact that it's overpriced and a completely sterile version of the true Bills game day experience. I would hate to think any Canadian new to the NFL would use a Toronto game as the measuring stick of how great games at the Ralph are.

Interesting point....IF the Bills started this regionalization proposal during the super bowl years with Kelly, Thurman, Reed & Bruce...would it have been a better success!?

With Toronto in the fold...makes the Bills compete in the top 10 media markets in North American professional sports...

Without Toronto the Bills would be in the bottom...

My opinion is if this team was winning...the turnout for the Toronto series would be totally different!

Winning is a major part of the success of this series...hopefully, this changes in 2012!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

well, then, why don't we pin one thread. slug it "Toronto: the Bills are either doomed or not," and have a "Last Post Wins," type thread in which everyone can endlessly repeat all of their views over and over and over and over again, no?

you, respectfully, aren't going to change your stand.

others haven't either.

it would save time having to go through this every 2 months or so.

jw

What else do Bills fans have to talk about? I don't know if you noticed, there is a lockout going on. Good Lord! The only thing I hate more than a topic being discussed over and over again is someone telling others what they should or shouldn't discuss. Let them talk about it, why do you care?

absolutely !!!

1. It's the NFL. Not the IFL and I find it hard to believe the NFL even allowed it.

2. They are the Buffalo Bills and all home games should be played in BUFFALO, USA

3. The fans have been sold out

4. I ain't buying the regionalism crap. If you want to increase ticket sales then put a good product on the field.

5. Make the playoffs. I am sure a home playoff game pays big dividends.

6. Show us the baby. We have had enough and won't be played for fools any longer. Start winning or go ahead and move.

The ugly truth is that Buffalo, Niagara Falls and it's suburbs are not city enough to support even one professional franchise let alone two. From a demographic standpoint the news is even worse. WNY has an aging population that is not being replaced with enough young people. The exodus of large corporations continues. Only a strong alliance north of the border can save the Bills and the Sabres. In fact without such support both franchises would

be in serious trouble.

The support the Bills and Sabres get from Toronto (and other places outside Buffalo) is great. That being said, Toronto does a pretty poor job of supporting their own teams, or at least, they are pretty fair-weather. Considering the Argos only fill the Rogers Centre to about 60% capacity, that should be a warning to putting an NFL team there full-time.

Interesting point....IF the Bills started this regionalization proposal during the super bowl years with Kelly, Thurman, Reed & Bruce...would it have been a better success!?

With Toronto in the fold...makes the Bills compete in the top 10 media markets in North American professional sports...

Without Toronto the Bills would be in the bottom...

My opinion is if this team was winning...the turnout for the Toronto series would be totally different!

Winning is a major part of the success of this series...hopefully, this changes in 2012!

Agree with u. If the Bills were winning they would have a lot more support.

As a long time Bills fan who crosses the border often to watch his team play, I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience with any of the locals whilst watching a game at the Ralph. Fortunately, none of the fans I've met are "angry" at us Canucks for taking a game away.

In my opinion though, the whole thing sucks. Not because of losing a game but the fact that it's overpriced and a completely sterile version of the true Bills game day experience. I would hate to think any Canadian new to the NFL would use a Toronto game as the measuring stick of how great games at the Ralph are.

Almost every Canadian I have talked to at a Bills game shares this sentiment.