NEW UNIFORMS plus NEW UNIFORMS

Thanks Mike, outstanding work as always! I hope that there's a TC this year so that we get to see your reports and outstanding pics.

Thanks! I'm glad you like em. :)

I hope so too. I was getting nervous about it not happening, but then I heard an interview with Russ Brandon on the news last night and they interviewed the President of St. John Fisher college and both sounded confident that training camp will still take place in Pittsford. They basically said that plans are still in motion and the school is still getting ready like they usually do.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance cpl. Robert Alexander smith looks like Kelsay, who I thought it was till I found out they were servicemen.

Lance cpl. Robert Alexander smith looks like Kelsay, who I thought it was till I found out they were servicemen.

Wow! You're right. He does look like a younger Kelsay. Except he's probably better than Kelsay. :lol:

Great photos, Mike. After looking at these again, I think a lot of the "underwhelmed" responses are simply the result of these uniforms being "modeled" by a group of awkward, uncomfortable-looking guys. They weren't wearing full pads, and it looked like they put the tightest possible jerseys on them. Then, to make matters worse, they put them in horrible poses (i.e., standing with their hands over their packages as if they're about to defend a free kick). Gotta believe they'll look more natural on "real" players in full pads.

Great photos, Mike. After looking at these again, I think a lot of the "underwhelmed" responses are simply the result of these uniforms being "modeled" by a group of awkward, uncomfortable-looking guys. They weren't wearing full pads, and it looked like they put the tightest possible jerseys on them. Then, to make matters worse, they put them in horrible poses (i.e., standing with their hands over their packages as if they're about to defend a free kick). Gotta believe they'll look more natural on "real" players in full pads.

I was thinking the same thing. The military guys look uncomfortable on stage and that made the uniforms look a little off. As far as the tightness, they are a different design than we are used to. Apparently the Reebok 2011 jersey design is a stretch mesh. It's supposed to be more breathable and pulls the moisture away from the body.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-put-charge-in-new-uniforms/889c5f64-2676-4e83-84b0-ebe6c66d7959

The photos of just the jerseys hanging in the locker room on Buffalobills.com look extremely tight and remind me of a spandex type/underarmour material.

Same here.

The white and white with white helmet is a classic look.

Old school

White/white makes for a great contrast against the opponents dark home uni's. The Jets, Colts, Cards, Dolphins all are great road uni's with white based helmets. Am I forgetting any?

These are great pics and the best views of the unis I have seen yet! Thanks for posting and keeping us former season tickets holders now living in the West Coast updated! It was nice to see the Ralph too!

These are great pics and the best views of the unis I have seen yet! Thanks for posting and keeping us former season tickets holders now living in the West Coast updated! It was nice to see the Ralph too!

No problem. When I keep looking at them, I notice in some photos that you see the navy striping and navy trim around the numbers on the blue jerseys. It shows up more when u look at them closer up. I like that the player uniforms doesnt have the navy blue overpower it, like the ones that the alumni are wearing.

i like the white helmets, but everything below the neck is not doing much for me. White pants? I don't know, whatever.

It's an uphill battle for the Bills. Red, white, and blue are, for lack of a better word, tacky together. And no, I don't hate freedom. I actually liked the darker blue and red they used in recent years, even if the uniforms as a whole were kind of wretched. I feel the same way about the Sabres original unis- love the logo, but the blue and gold were too "primary". I hated the slug, but actually liked the way they darkened the colors a bit.

i like the white helmets, but everything below the neck is not doing much for me. White pants? I don't know, whatever.

It's an uphill battle for the Bills. Red, white, and blue are, for lack of a better word, tacky together. And no, I don't hate freedom. I actually liked the darker blue and red they used in recent years, even if the uniforms as a whole were kind of wretched. I feel the same way about the Sabres original unis- love the logo, but the blue and gold were too "primary". I hated the slug, but actually liked the way they darkened the colors a bit.

Sacrilege!

Better than they were, but still not as cool as the throwbacks. They just seem to out think themselves. Why are the stripes on the arm on an angle? It looks cheesey, like they were trying to put a "modern" spin on it.

Not sure if the diff was replica or authentics Mike, but there is a huge diff between what Kelly is wearing and what the servicemen are wearing. The space around the "Bills", the thick navy line on Kelly's and Thomas's jerseys. That outline looks like a clown did it. However the wide space around the "Bills" looks awkward too.

Not sure if the diff was replica or authentics Mike, but there is a huge diff between what Kelly is wearing and what the servicemen are wearing. The space around the "Bills", the thick navy line on Kelly's and Thomas's jerseys. That outline looks like a clown did it. However the wide space around the "Bills" looks awkward too.

They look better on Kelly/Thomas than on the military guys. Again, I really don't like the whole stretch thing.

Thanks for sharing, Mike. Great stuff! Much better than anything the Bills released.

Ha! I thought the same thing when I saw him.

I noticed that, too, and thought it was odd. Why the difference? Is it just so one can immediately differentiate an authentic jersey from a replica?

Guess I'm the only one who likes the standing Buffalo. The red buffalo just looks better than the blue one in the total scheme.

I love the red standing buffalo...that's what I first knew as a kid. I was initially upset when they went to the charging buffalo in '74 but grew to love it, too. I guess I'm in the minority in that I love both logos as well as both the red and the white helmets. The only unis I have ever disliked were the Donahoe era abominations they just discarded and the red "throwback" helmet with the white standing buffalo during the Kelly era. I wasn't a fan of the stripe changes down the center of the red helmet during the Donahoe fiasco either. I'm onboard with any changes/tweaks that incorporate this franchise's tradition. I'm thankful that they didn't royally screw it up like the Sabres did with the red/white/black/grey goathead unis and the buffa-slug threads. I like what the Bills did this time and I hope they also return to using the the throwback unis and helmet for some games starting in 2012. Those would have been my preference for the permanent unis but I'm happy with what they just presented.

Edited by ExWNYer

2 things thing about the all whites

I was hoping for blue pants but its cool, better than last version.

will they wear them at home? once a year?

Love the helmets.. old school

They used to wear white at home certain games in the '80s. It wasn't until Marv became coach that it was always blue at home. I'd like to see them change it up a bit.

Yeah, this doesn't make sense. The replicas for sale certainly have a much thinner navy outline similar to what the military guys were wearing -- the purpose of which, if I understood Brandon's comments, is to give a little more differentiation and "pop" on TV.

I agree and hope the numbers on the players' jerseys don't have the wide outline.

By the way -- Worst pose ever

Edited by eball