NEW UNIFORMS plus NEW UNIFORMS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing and it makes me wonder if the ones that the alumni are wearing are replithentic. They look real, but they are not the ones the players will wear on the field. Honestly, that's what I love about the ones that the military guys were wearing. The navy blue outline doesnt overpower the numbers or the striping. It's on there very thin and makes it a nice touch when you look at it close up.

Yeah, this doesn't make sense. The replicas for sale certainly have a much thinner navy outline similar to what the military guys were wearing -- the purpose of which, if I understood Brandon's comments, is to give a little more differentiation and "pop" on TV.

I agree and hope the numbers on the players' jerseys don't have the wide outline.

By the way -- Worst pose ever

That's the thing that bothered me about the ones that Kelly and the alumni were wearing. Even the replicas looked better with the navy blue trim. It didn't overpower it.

As for your other post, I completely agree. It looked like they didn't know how to stand. Some stood there with their arms folded to look tough like a football player and some put there hands down like that. It was pretty funny.

I was thinking the same thing and it makes me wonder if the ones that the alumni are wearing are replithentic. They look real, but they are not the ones the players will wear on the field. Honestly, that's what I love about the ones that the military guys were wearing. The navy blue outline doesnt overpower the numbers or the striping. It's on there very thin and makes it a nice touch when you look at it close up.

That's the thing that bothered me about the ones that Kelly and the alumni were wearing. Even the replicas looked better with the navy blue trim. It didn't overpower it.

As for your other post, I completely agree. It looked like they didn't know how to stand. Some stood there with their arms folded to look tough like a football player and some put there hands down like that. It was pretty funny.

They were chinese knockoffs. ;)

Not sure if the diff was replica or authentics Mike, but there is a huge diff between what Kelly is wearing and what the servicemen are wearing. The space around the "Bills", the thick navy line on Kelly's and Thomas's jerseys. That outline looks like a clown did it. However the wide space around the "Bills" looks awkward too.

As I wrote upthread, that BILLS wordmark just unnaturally squashes the front numbers down.

I think I finally figured it out!

I honestly think that the reason why the alumni were wearing those jerseys is because those are the authentic ones that players will wear to events and when they aren't wearing the pads. They are the ones that will be sold to fans who want to shell out the $300 something for them.

The ones that the military guys are wearing are game uniforms. The jerseys will not be available to the public and if you read the BuffaloBills.com website, you will read that Reebok changed the material this year on the jerseys. It's more of like an under armour stretch fit type material. It's why it looks plain looking and very stretched out, because it's stretched over the pads. Hell, look at how those jerseys look when they are hanging in the locker room. They look very tiny.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-put-charge-in-new-uniforms/889c5f64-2676-4e83-84b0-ebe6c66d7959

Here's the quote that I'm talking about.

With Reebok as a design partner in the process, there were also some high tech components to the 2011 jerseys. The player jerseys are made of stretch mesh, a Reebok fabric that provides players with superior breathability and better range of motion.

“Those jerseys actually cool players down a lot more,” said Bills equipment manager Dave Hojnowski. “That’s the evolution. The material stretches a little more. It’s a little more breathable and they’re trying to pull more of that moisture away from the body.”

The jerseys are also 20 to 30 percent lighter in weight, depending on the player’s size, due to Reebok’s ability to reduce cut lines and seams for a high performance fit.

I think I finally figured it out!

I honestly think that the reason why the alumni were wearing those jerseys is because those are the authentic ones that players will wear to events and when they aren't wearing the pads. They are the ones that will be sold to fans who want to shell out the $300 something for them.

The ones that the military guys are wearing are game uniforms. The jerseys will not be available to the public and if you read the BuffaloBills.com website, you will read that Reebok changed the material this year on the jerseys. It's more of like an under armour stretch fit type material. It's why it looks plain looking and very stretched out, because it's stretched over the pads. Hell, look at how those jerseys look when they are hanging in the locker room. They look very tiny.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-put-charge-in-new-uniforms/889c5f64-2676-4e83-84b0-ebe6c66d7959

That makes sense. I actually think the real players will look good in these. Take the guy with one leg -- he looks more like a player than any of the other guys, and his uniform fits and looks the best.

That makes sense. I actually think the real players will look good in these. Take the guy with one leg -- he looks more like a player than any of the other guys, and his uniform fits and looks the best.

Yeah, you're right. His guns really stick out nicely with the jerseys. I like the way it looks on him.

If anyone is interested about the blue pants, read on. I caught the last couple minutes of an interview on WGR this morning about the uni's. Not sure which Bills official they had on air though? Anyway, Howard Simon asked him about the pants and if they would always be white. The guy said Yes, "for now"....but, there could be something down the line. Instead of asking him about the blue pants, Simon just joked about Zubaz colored pants.... The bottom line is that it's clear they have blue pants in their arsenal but they are on the shelf for now. I'm sure we will see them at some point, maybe next year....especially if the fans make enough noise about it. As another poster pointed out, at least it eliminates the possibilty of a blue/blue uniform for the time being.

Hmm, not exactly what I was hoping for. I'm fine with the all-whites but something about the red/white/blue stripes over the shoulders don't do it for me. They look too 80's Patriots'ish or something. Still a welcomed upgrade over the previous abortion.

My comments recently about the upcoming uniforms have been very critical of what we knew was coming. We all knew the helmets were going back to white, I was on the fence about that, but the common notion was that they were going to be a re-do of the 70's digs, and I was very much not excited about that prospect. Even as a kid I hated the long sleeves, blue pants and wide stripes on the jerseys, and the small charging buffalo was kind of weak, but these new jerseys incorporate some very cool retro styling, and have exceeded my expectations enormously.

I was seriously pining for the current throwbacks to become the new unis, but these seem to be still very retro, but look tougher in some ways, and I do like the charging logo as much as the standing red one. It may be the only good news we get for a while, but at the very least they improved the team's look in a similar way the Chargers did a few years ago. This new look has that Colts, or Steelers kind of classic look. Now let's play some football you greedy bastards!!!

Yeah, you're right. His guns really stick out nicely with the jerseys. I like the way it looks on him.

The players and alumni jerseys do look different.

I have to wonder if what the players were wearing will actually be the game day jerseys.

I say this because the striping on the sleeves looks plasticy, like the kind you find on sale at Laux or Dick's.

Its my understanding that the real deals have the stitched striping..........

The players and alumni jerseys do look different.

I have to wonder if what the players were wearing will actually be the game day jerseys.

I say this because the striping on the sleeves looks plasticy, like the kind you find on sale at Laux or Dick's.

Its my understanding that the real deals have the stitched striping..........

The authentic throwbacks didn't have stitched striping. That would have been a big pain in the ass.

The authentic throwbacks didn't have stitched striping. That would have been a big pain in the ass.

Even the late 1980's-early 90's version had that rubbery looking sleeve trim. The numbers were stitched on though. That white mesh look had to be the most boring, non-descript football jersey ever. It looked like a practice jersey for a no-name team.

post-4431-055838100 1309188640_thumb.jpg

Edited by zow2

Ahh didnt know that. Seems cheap to me, like the 80's. Do any other NFL teams use that plasticy striping?

I'm thinking, probably all of them. I've never seen stitched stripes on a jersey -- but then again, I haven't exactly been looking for them.

Edit: Go to NFL.com and start clicking around. All of the jersey stripes are "rubbery" or "plastic-y" type.

Edited by eball

Even the late 1980's-early 90's version had that rubbery looking sleeve trim. The numbers were stitched on though. That white mesh look had to be the most boring, non-descript football jersey ever. It looked like a practice jersey for a no-name team.

No they weren't. The #'s, names on the nameplates, and striping was all plastic decals. The neck striping, Champion logo, and any other patches (75th Anniversary, 35th Anniversary, Superbowl _, etc.) were stitched on.

I've seen some whites from back then that had stitched on #'s but those weren't what the players were wearing.