NEW UNIFORMS plus NEW UNIFORMS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "invitation" in the email appears to be a shot of the helmet stripe. Red with the dual royal blue stripes, and a small navy outline, which is pretty much what has been rumored for a long time...

Either that or a shot of the striping on the white home pants click here

I don't think so, and I'm quite old enough.

The white helmets just remind me too much of the futility of the 1970s and 1980s.

The '80s weren't really futile. 84-85 obviously and 86 was Kellys 1st year. Almost made the playoffs in 87. Also the helmets were changed in 84 so they were red for much of the 80s.

Meant the red helmet with the charging buffalo.

Yeah, I figured that out after posting -- too lazy to edit. ;)

From the "leaked" photos it looks like we may see a grey facemask, which I would like!

If I recall, both the facemask and "belt" will be grey.

I wonder what players they will have for sale at the event? I assume Spiller, Evans and Poz. I'm hoping they have Stevie Johnson or Dareus available

My $.02:

Dareus

Fitz

Evans

Jackson

Williams (Kyle)

Johnson (Stevie)

Spiller

No Poz -- he's an unsigned FA

Not surprisingly, I knew exactly what I'd see after clicking on that link.

Supposedly, Marv and Co didn't want to re-fit the players with all new helmets that may have been uncomfortable before getting broken in. Funny, every other team that once had old style helmet colors and logos went with alternate headgear.

I think it's more likely that Ralph's bean counters advised against spending an extra $20k on helmets that would be used for only one game. (couldn't they have used them throughout the season in practice?)

The solution was to strip the charging buffalo logo and replace it with the white replica of the old red standing buffalo.

As if none of the Bills faithful would notice the reversed colors. "Say Stan, dat der player looks just like Tom Sestak der, but sometings diffrent. Did he grow a mustache? Cant quite put my finger on it. Pass da pierogis, der".

I think it's more likely that Ralph's bean counters advised against spending an extra $20k on helmets that would be used for only one game.

Ralph is cheap.

Big freakin' deal. Teams don't go with exact replicas of old suits on throwback day anyway. The Cowboy's throw backs are similar to their original uniforms, but not anywhere near exact.

I just wish the Seahawks would go throw back every once in a while to give us a break from those ugly green things they wear now.

If I recall, both the facemask and "belt" will be grey.

That would be my only 'complaint', and a minor one at that. The facemask should be blue, like the one in my avatar. The grey looks great on the original white helmet with the red, standing bison much like the white facemask looks great on the red helmet (the blue facemask didn't work with the red helmet). Would prefer blue belts, too. All in all, I'd still be more than happy with the changes if what's been "leaked" is true.