Terrell Owens...who will be interested now?

Buftex

Probably someone will be interested if the price and contract is right.

I suspect somewhere in the NFL before last season there was a thread started titled:

"Shawne Merriman ...who will be interested now?"

That would probably have been me! :lol: I am still not pinning any hopes on him.

Actually, though, TO is a lot older than Merriman. If the rumors are true, they are saying "best case" scenario, Owens could be ready to play again in late November...assuming the schedule isn't changed, that would mean he could, conceivably have about 4 to 5 games to get himself in shape for the playoffs...wouldn't Terrell Owens be a nice piece to add to your arsenal, if you were a playoff team? Problem is, playoff caliber teams don't seem to be interested in him...should be interesting. We know the guy keeps himself in shape, and I am doubting the drudgery of re-hab, even at 37 or 38, is not going to discouraging him from wanting to return.

If it's true that he tore his ACL, his HOF career is over. Given the conflicting reports, I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's true. Rosenhaus can lie about him not tearing his ACL, but once a team brings him in, he can't lie anymore.

I feel sorry for the guy. He represented himself well (minus a game or two) while in Buffalo. He isn't ringless from a lack of effort, that's for damn sure. If Lee Evans had T.O.'s work ethic, drive and confidence, he'd be a lot better. That's why he's our number 2 guy now ... but that's another story. If this is how T.O.'s career ends, then it's sad. One of the hardest working and best WRs to play the game, in my opinion.

That would probably have been me! :lol: I am still not pinning any hopes on him.

Actually, though, TO is a lot older than Merriman. If the rumors are true, they are saying "best case" scenario, Owens could be ready to play again in late November...assuming the schedule isn't changed, that would mean he could, conceivably have about 4 to 5 games to get himself in shape for the playoffs...wouldn't Terrell Owens be a nice piece to add to your arsenal, if you were a playoff team? Problem is, playoff caliber teams don't seem to be interested in him...should be interesting. We know the guy keeps himself in shape, and I am doubting the drudgery of re-hab, even at 37 or 38, is not going to discouraging him from wanting to return.

This is pretty much his only chance IMO. May not even be a prennial playoff team. Just a team with a chance @ the playoffs who lose a starting WR or 2. I yr. contract type.

I feel sorry for the guy. He represented himself well (minus a game or two) while in Buffalo. He isn't ringless from a lack of effort, that's for damn sure. If Lee Evans had T.O.'s work ethic, drive and confidence, he'd be a lot better. That's why he's our number 2 guy now ... but that's another story. If this is how T.O.'s career ends, then it's sad. One of the hardest working and best WRs to play the game, in my opinion.

T.O. is a freakish athlete with an amazing work ethic and yes, he did handle himself well in Buffalo considering what was happening around him. I think that could have been more because he knew his options were very limited and he wasn't going to make himself look worse. For all the good things you can say about T.O. you can say as many negative things. I do agree with you that if Evans had this kind of work ethic he could be one of the best considering his physical tools. But part of me thinks that T.O.'s work ethic is a bi-product of his "all about me" attitude. He wanted the be that much better and bigger than everyone else.

That isn't to say you CANT have work ethic and still be a team player, this is just how I view T.O. His numbers speak for themselves, he will make it in to the HoF and deservedly so. I respect him for his talent, I just never liked the guy.

T.O. is a freakish athlete with an amazing work ethic and yes, he did handle himself well in Buffalo considering what was happening around him. I think that could have been more because he knew his options were very limited and he wasn't going to make himself look worse. For all the good things you can say about T.O. you can say as many negative things. I do agree with you that if Evans had this kind of work ethic he could be one of the best considering his physical tools. But part of me thinks that T.O.'s work ethic is a bi-product of his "all about me" attitude. He wanted the be that much better and bigger than everyone else.

That isn't to say you CANT have work ethic and still be a team player, this is just how I view T.O. His numbers speak for themselves, he will make it in to the HoF and deservedly so. I respect him for his talent, I just never liked the guy.

Well-stated.

Rosenhaus admitted yesterday that TO tore his ACL and had surgery at the beginning of April. Can't see him playing until at least mid-season.

DR is saying TO is aiming to be ready by August. Even if he could play that quick, it is hard to imagine that knee lasting through an entire NFL season.

Possibly one of the top 3 WRs of all time. I don't care what all the media outlets say and what everyone thinks about him. It's clearly obvious that while in Buffalo, we saw that all the reports of TO being a bad team mate are incorrect. Why is it that Jeff Garcia isn't didn't play much after TO? Why is it that McNabbs career died very quickly after TO? The QBs that he played with that complained about TO being a "me" guy had significant drop offs in thier careers following the years of TO. I'm not saying that TO is the reason for the production, I'm just saying that these QBs were on thier way out. TO is statistically the 3rd best WR in the history of the game. Sure he's cocky, How can any Bills fans judge? Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Bruce, Bennett...... This teams history is so full of cockiness it's unreal. It's a shame to see TOs career ended itlf it's true.

DR is saying TO is aiming to be ready by August. Even if he could play that quick, it is hard to imagine that knee lasting through an entire NFL season.

Agent-speak is even more worthless than politician-speak. But that's their job, i.e. to build-up their clients.