One addition in free agency would make me a happy fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They talked about it on ESPN yesterday. Which means it will never happen. It would be a perfect fit. He is a very good RT and the Bills are in desperate need of one. I am afraid though that with the OT pick out of Clemson (Harriston) the Bills wont spend big money on Clabo.

Clabo will be 30 years old this October. has been relatively healthy. The Falcons like him, But think it will be a numbers issue.

Vince Young? Really? Why? Because he looked good at Texas? And dont give me his winning precent in the NFL. That because Tennesse always has had a great D.

gotta agree with you about CLABO,he be great fit, talent and personality .guy worked his butt to get where he is now a very good player.

my target from the first second FA begins though is ZACH MILLER ,TE with RAIDERS. Id look at GRADKOWSKI as a backup qb too. If they look at receivers my choice would be MALCOLM FLOYD .. There is talk in MINN that GREENWAY MAY BE LOOKING ELSEWHERE ,, DEFINITELY ID HAVE SOME INTEREST THERE

Tyson Clabo would be an upgrade, but I don't know if it would make me "really" happy. They need to do a lot more to make me reach that status. To do that, they need to sign in addition to clabo: a matt light, a Stephen Tulloch, a barret ruud, and a harper. With all that, who needs to re-sign whitner and poz? Though go ahead and re-sign florence, because I like him.

But yeah, the only thing that will probably happen out of all that is re-signing florence. But man, if they were able to pull off a Tulloch type signing, i might take this front office more seriously. But, more than likely, they will just re-sign poz instead. Whatev.

gotta agree with you about CLABO,he be great fit, talent and personality .guy worked his butt to get where he is now a very good player.

my target from the first second FA begins though is ZACH MILLER ,TE with RAIDERS. Id look at GRADKOWSKI as a backup qb too. If they look at receivers my choice would be MALCOLM FLOYD .. There is talk in MINN that GREENWAY MAY BE LOOKING ELSEWHERE ,, DEFINITELY ID HAVE SOME INTEREST THERE

I would love a solid TE also but I am affraid those are not allowed in Buffalo anymore

Tyson Clabo would be an upgrade, but I don't know if it would make me "really" happy. They need to do a lot more to make me reach that status. To do that, they need to sign in addition to clabo: a matt light, a Stephen Tulloch, a barret ruud, and a harper. With all that, who needs to re-sign whitner and poz? Though go ahead and re-sign florence, because I like him.

But yeah, the only thing that will probably happen out of all that is re-signing florence. But man, if they were able to pull off a Tulloch type signing, i might take this front office more seriously. But, more than likely, they will just re-sign poz instead. Whatev.

I am kind of going on the assumption that Poz and Florence are coming back. Although Florence might be longer shot

If you're hoping the Bills will make you happy with any free agents this off season, you're going to be real disappointed. They've already made it clear they aren't going to do that, and I for one totally agree with them staying out of the market.

If you're hoping the Bills will make you happy with any free agents this off season, you're going to be real disappointed. They've already made it clear they aren't going to do that, and I for one totally agree with them staying out of the market.

I know that very well which is why I have not purchased anything from the Bills ir gone to a game for the last 3 years. If they ever change that mentality and decide to show they are serious about putting a good product on the field and winning, they will have me back as a customer

First and foremost they need to sign Florence and even though I don't think they are that good, but they should try and sign Whitner and Poz for 2-3 year, low money guarantee contracts.

Then go after Young, Clabo, Miller, Boss, Sims-Walker

I know that very well which is why I have not purchased anything from the Bills ir gone to a game for the last 3 years. If they ever change that mentality and decide to show they are serious about putting a good product on the field and winning, they will have me back as a customer

I really don't care if you purchase anything. This new regime knows what they're doing. I am glad that they aren't trying to satisfy fans like you by signing free agents this soon in the process. It would only diminish the direction this team is clearly headed. I respect your decision to no longer be a customer and would add I'm glad they aren't catering to customers like you any longer.

I really don't care if you purchase anything. This new regime knows what they're doing. I am glad that they aren't trying to satisfy fans like you by signing free agents this soon in the process. It would only diminish the direction this team is clearly headed. I respect your decision to no longer be a customer and would add I'm glad they aren't catering to customers like you any longer.

What makes you so sure the current regime knows what it's doing?

The 4-12 season? The high profile coaching staff? Last year's draft? The rose colored glasses?

aside from dockery and TO, the bills never were the type to "catering" to fans that buy merchandise, or whatever you were trying to point out. The problem with the bills is that they fail at both free agency, the draft, and coaching. This new regime has a lot left to prove.....

but since the bills had the 3rd worst record last year, I don't think there is anything to diminish. They hit rock bottem last year. There is no "clear direction" in a positive sense that you claim. There is some positive potential with newly drafted players. But other than that, this team is just a huge questionmark that has proven nothing. And until it proves otherwise, it is a team that has failed at the draft and free agency a lot the past 10 years.

You don't build through just the draft. You use free agency as well, and even Buddy has said the same thing.

There are some really good suggestions out there! I think about this year's F.A. in a few ways; first, this year we are set to lose a few guys that I think we should try to keep - Florence, Poz. But, what is more important, I believe, are the guys who are scheduled to be free agents next year. Look and see there are a number of recievers coming up, and in all I think a good portion of our "young core" that we are trying to build around are going to be entering contract years. So, my thinking is, why not avoid that final year, playing for big money contracts while we can, and sign the guys that we know are looking like steals in the last few year's drafts to longer extensions, before they make it to the final year of their contracts and then expect top dollar. I think that is the smartest way to avoid losing the really good talent to free agency, because once they end their contract without a new one in place, there are almost always other teams out there ready to out bid us.

Secondly, once we know, as a team, that the guys we really want to keep around are in place - and for us I think that is the young O-lineman, the secondary, and the recievers. Our D-line is going to be tops in the league, but I think we've got a few more years before we need to worry there. Anyway, going forward, I believe Gradkowski? Oakland's former QB, would be a really good QB to have as an excellent young backup, who has the talent to win games when needed. Vince Young - I believe Gailey could build a really dynamic offense with him if Gailey believed he was smart enough to learn the nuances of whatever system will be ran, but if he is just not smart enough, then there are going to be really good QB's available next year in the draft.

And, speaking of next year's draft - with a shortened offseason, our rookies might not get a chance to really impact the team this year. We might be looking at another high pick next year, so QB, I think could be settled there much more cheaply, and with better talent, than in F.A. now.

But, if we are going to go get "The QB" next year, he will come into a good WR corps, but he'll need a good TE - and that, I think, we should get in F.A., if he's there. We really need one. Add RT to the list, and LB, if there's a fit, and I think with 3-4 F.A.'s we could be set to add a franchise QB next year and be a contender for a while.

The Bills would make me really happy adding one player in Free Agency. Tyson Clabo. I would probbably even drop my own imposed ban on buying Bills stuff

and Doug Free for the left tackle and we would finally have a great OL like we did in the superbowl years and is the biggest reason we haven't been back since.

I always thought Gradkowski should've been a Bill from the beginning.

Now as to what signing would really make me happy. Either Miller or Boss. Or both. I don't care what order they get signed as long as they become a Bill. Both young studs who can grow with our team.

Edited by Pilsner