Schefter twittering deal in the works

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people still doing that?

Myself, I avoid it whenever possible. At the supermarket, I opt for the self-serve checkout line. I'll never enter a bank if I can accomplish my transaction online or at an ATM. I pay at the pump.

(I find most 'behind-the-counter' folks annoying anyway - either they're middle-to-older-aged folks who don't know what they're doing, or disinterested Gen Y/Gen Z types who would just-as-soon eschew human interaction themselves, preferring instead to interact with their e-toys and i-toys.)

it would not surprise me that it may be ralph. despite all the kudos he gets for keeping the team in buffalo, his tightness is legendary, he is greedy, plain and simple. cue the all the ralph defenders and how we are a small market, etc, etc, etc,..and he is watching out for us.. yada yada .. please..

Edited by dwight in philly

He is likely one of them. Kraft is unlikely--he pushed for the last CBA. The majority owner of the Dolphins is clueless, so probably not him. Woody Johnson is likely the other, given his 750 million mortgage.

Why are we inferring that it is two AFC East owners? It doesn't say this is all.

it would not surprise me that it may be ralph. despite all the kudos he gets for keeping the team in buffalo, his tightness is legendary, he is greedy, plain and simple. cue the all the ralph defenders and how we are a small market, etc, etc, etc,..and he is watching out for us.. yada yada .. please..

Blah blah blah...Ralph is so cheap that 31 other NFL owners all agreed the last CBA was a bad deal and created this lock out. Yawn. Isn't it time for some new material?

PTR

except for the fact that he fought against the old CBA, and every other owner realized a few years later he was right. also, i didnt hear anyone calling him cheap when there was no salary cap, and the bills had one of the highest payrolls in the NFL. if anyones tightness is legendary, its snyder, ask any redskins fan. does he waste money on coaches and players? yes, but the fans suffer in every other manner. if he were greedy, they wouldnt be playing in ralph wilson stadium. they would be playing in (insert bank/corperation name) here. if he wants to fight and as you put it, be greedy, to ensure that the bills remain in buffalo, and remain profitable and ensures their long term success in the western new york area, then by all means, be greedy.

is he great? no.... does he spend money? yes, on the wrong players. DJ was making a decent chunk of change when he got let go. RW probably thought he was making a good investment which we all know he wasnt. they pay the wrong guys, and ill listen to that. but cheap? no... i dont think so. the bills tickets are cheaper than sabres tickets even. the bills have the cheapest tickets in the NFL, by far. the average seat is 30 below the nfl average cheap seat price. if he really wanted to, he could attempt to bleed the fans, but in general, he does not.

except for the fact that he fought against the old CBA, and every other owner realized a few years later he was right. also, i didnt hear anyone calling him cheap when there was no salary cap, and the bills had one of the highest payrolls in the NFL. if anyones tightness is legendary, its snyder, ask any redskins fan. does he waste money on coaches and players? yes, but the fans suffer in every other manner. if he were greedy, they wouldnt be playing in ralph wilson stadium. they would be playing in (insert bank/corperation name) here. if he wants to fight and as you put it, be greedy, to ensure that the bills remain in buffalo, and remain profitable and ensures their long term success in the western new york area, then by all means, be greedy.

is he great? no.... does he spend money? yes, on the wrong players. DJ was making a decent chunk of change when he got let go. RW probably thought he was making a good investment which we all know he wasnt. they pay the wrong guys, and ill listen to that. but cheap? no... i dont think so. the bills tickets are cheaper than sabres tickets even. the bills have the cheapest tickets in the NFL, by far. the average seat is 30 below the nfl average cheap seat price. if he really wanted to, he could attempt to bleed the fans, but in general, he does not.

why not raise the price of tickets??? what is so wrong about that?he could always sell if he doesnt like his return. he wont though, wonder why, couldnt be because he is making money hand over fist could it? his meddling and poor judgments made over the years has been based on advice from littman and the detroit crew, it is bottom line mentality. not that there is anything wrong with that, but it is old and tiring.

I would think the two guys who voted no the last time would be the most obvious. wilson and brown.

You might be right. But Brown's team is such a mess, maybe he wants to get going with football. It may be better that it is Ralph.

You might be right. But Brown's team is such a mess, maybe he wants to get going with football. It may be better that it is Ralph.

Perhaps, as I have said in other threads, the real issue with the viability of teams liek the Bills is revenue sharing among owners, not necessarily, or only, players salaries.

The more there is unshared revenue the more it kills the Bills. Ralph knows this and I think he is out for less player sharing and more team sharing. Its a position he needs to take.

On the great side, the Schefter story implies that an agreement in principle is mostly in place and that the owners will see it next week. It takes 9 owners voting "no" to reject the proposed agreement. Doubt there is enough objection to reach this level so this "handful" of objectors is likely immaterial. Ralph or Russ Brandon will likely outline how the CBA could compromise the Bills future in Buffalo -- it will be interesting to see their take and analyze it.

The Bills under Ralph are in a great balance sheet position -- no debt, lots of revenue streams and likely a small profit every year -- but they have little prospect for revenue growth from sources outside the TV money from the league and game day generated revenue (tickets, concessions, etc.). Other teams have 5X or 10X marketing and stadium naming rights revenue potential. The Bills are like a local dollar store and the Cowboys, Jets, Giants--are like Wal Mart...

Edited by JoeF