Eric Wood vs. Ndamukong Suh video breakdown...

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/rickbozich/2011/06/14/eric-wood-healed-and-ready-for-nfl-strike-to-end/

Looks like Wood played the entire year hurt last year, but feels he's 100% healthy. IMO, Wood was the Bills best O-linemen last year (followed by Levitre), so if he's 100%, stronger and plays center, that means very good things for the O-line.

Wood's a better center than he is a guard.

His strength and short-area quickness is accentuated by playing over the ball instead of off the ball.

He dominated Cleveland's fine young DT, Ahtyba Rubin last year.

I agree with that assessment. Also, he dominated Ndamukong Suh last season as well: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/6/15/2225328/eric-wood-ndamukong-suh-bills-lions

I still think Wood is a natural center and that is where they should play him.......I like Wood in the phone booth because he is so stout.......I actually like Levitre/Wood/Urbik as the guard to guard combonation......

It is important to note on Wood that I think his player will be much improved from the jump this year just from being able to strength train in the offseason...there is a big difference between rehab training and strength training.

Wood is a natural center, and Levitre is a very good LG, and if Bell develops into even an above average LT that is going to be a strength of the team having the whole left side of line be quality players.

Add in the fact that there are a bunch of decent options at RG including Handgartner who I think will win that spot. Its only the RT position that I am really concerned about as far as the O-line goes.

Wood is a natural center, and Levitre is a very good LG, and if Bell develops into even an above average LT that is going to be a strength of the team having the whole left side of line be quality players.

Add in the fact that there are a bunch of decent options at RG including Handgartner who I think will win that spot. Its only the RT position that I am really concerned about as far as the O-line goes.

I am a Kool-Aid drinker as far as our O-line goes.

I view it much the same way you do. I'm comfortable with 4/5ths of the line and I'm excited to see whether Pears or Hairston wins that right tackle spot.

But I see the point of those who are concerned about both of our tackles.

With Wood and Bell a year further removed from their injuries and able to workout fully this off-season, they should only be better next year. Now if they can just solidify that RT position...

I view it much the same way you do. I'm comfortable with 4/5ths of the line and I'm excited to see whether Pears or Hairston wins that right tackle spot.

Yep, same here. Liking where we are going. Hope they can produce.

Yep, same here. Liking where we are going. Hope they can produce.

Not at all comfortable with the Bills continuing to try and plug journeymen and scrubs into the tackle spots, but this is a great clip and Wood should be a star center for us.

Obviously selective in the plays they reviewed, but, you have to like the way he handled Suh. As others have said, it's nice to see how he searched out the LB on several plays.

Also, for me, it was interesting hearing an o-line coach describe the scheme/thought process.

Obviously selective in the plays they reviewed, but, you have to like the way he handled Suh. As others have said, it's nice to see how he searched out the LB on several plays.

Also, for me, it was interesting hearing an o-line coach describe the scheme/thought process.

True enough. Not meaning to "rain" on anyone's barbecue, but let's be honest - I wouldn't want to be in the NFC Central THIS year. I still can't believe that Detroit landed Fairley IN ADDITION to Suh. Thank heavens the Bills have a few years before they face THAT crap again.

Unless it's in the Super Bowl, of course.

"One Toke Over The Line" - Brewer and Shipley

It's really all about Bell, IMO. If he can step up and become a solid LT the Bills line will be a very strong group within another year.