Kevorkian dead

Wacka

He fought to live to the end....yet convinced the metally weak to off themselves...and worse, doing so using toxins even the US Prison System banned for being inhumane.

A true fraud and shyster if there ever was one. If he were alive in 1942 Germany, he would have been Mengele's assistant.

Funny how hes a "pioneer" and a "hero", yet those who fight the pro-life fight are "whackos."

!@#$ed up priorities we have.

Edited by RkFast

He fought to live to the end....yet convinced the metally weak to off themselves...and worse, doing so using toxins even the US Prison System banned for being inhumane.

A true fraud and shyster if there ever was one. If he were alive in 1942 Germany, he would have been Mengele's assistant.

Funny how hes a "pioneer" and a "hero", yet those who fight the pro-life fight are "whackos."

So forcing some bed-ridden person who doesn't want to live as a quadriplegic or rot away from ALS to suffer to the bitter end is "pro-life"? You're a !@#$ing retard.

So forcing some bed-ridden person who doesn't want to live as a quadriplegic or rot away from ALS to suffer to the bitter end is "pro-life"? You're a !@#$ing retard.

If anyone's seen Frontline's "The Suicide Tourist," that's the kind of grace and some measure of dignity in which one should be allowed to leave this world.

Gov't allows better treatment for our dogs through veterinarians than people through doctors when it's clear that things are going rapidly downhill.

There are awesome things possible now, where the body can be manipulated and they can rob Peter to pay Paul. But medicalized longevity only makes The End harder and more drawn-out once you hit the wall with a terminal condition and there's little or nothing more they can do for you. I don't know enough about Kevorkian specifically to make much comment, but he forced a conversation in this country that we all need to consider, and either way, not judge other people based on what they believe is right.

Link

"There are people who will look at this and say: 'No. Suicide is wrong. God has forbidden it. You cannot play God and take your own life.'" Craig Ewert anticipates some of the objections to the act he's preparing to carry out. "But you know what? This ventilator is playing God. If I had lived without access to technology, chances are I would be dead now."
Edited by UConn James

One of the most ignorant, self-righteous, and cruel things I've read in my 13+ years around this community. Congratulations on lowering the bar to an all time low.

I can't speak for him but I just think it's gross how they've made a hero out of Kevorkian.

WEAK?! Who the !@#$ are you?! Chuck Norris? Do you currently have a painful, debilitating illness with no cure? No? Then shut the !@#$ up until you have walked in their shoes.

Kevorkian, like most other rational human beings (i.e., not right wing zealots with double digit IQ's like RkFast), was able to differentiate between an 80 year old terminal cancer patient and a 20 year old college student with clinical depression.

A generation or two from now, Kevorkian will likely be viewed as a lone champion for freedom of personal choice and for human morality at a time in American history when religiosity, judgmentalism, and fearmongering prevailed.

RIP Dr. K.

RIP

Yet another reminder of politicians refusing to stay the f--- out of people's business. It's disgusting that assisted suicide is still a criminal offense almost everywhere in the US.

Personally, I was very much for what he did. We have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit- they can't be forced on us. What you have to remember is that the Government is in a catch-22 on this. The other month, I was watching a documentary to the build up that was the precursor to the holocaust. It started with signing off on something similar.

Comparing someone helping people with a horrible disease like ALS die with dignity to the Holocaust. Amazing.

Try rereading what I said and see if you still come up with that.......

+2

Make that a +3.

RIP to a great man.

For those of you wondering why he didn't choose assisted suicide for himself, there are probably a number of reasons, including his reportedly being pain-free in the hospital up to and including the time of his death.

Would you mind spelling it out for me?

It's not at all clear what you're implying. Thanks.

No problem. After seeing a documentary about how the nazis started with assisted suicides a few weeks ago, I just feel that any government action is a catch 22 for them.

Either you force people to stay alive in situations they don't want to be- which is horrible.

Or you could create a horrifying legal loophole that can be exploited at a later date, to have someone put to death, by getting a doctor to sign off on it.

Who knows. It was just fresh in my mind from seeing it so recently. In no way was I equating the proper act of assisting suicide to the holocaust.